Author Topic: Dwyane Wade blames loss vs. Clippers on refs...  (Read 229 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Dwyane Wade blames loss vs. Clippers on refs...
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »
Miami Heat lose to Clippers by 1 on controversial call

By SARAH ROTHSCHILD
srothschild@MiamiHerald.com

LOS ANGELES -- Dwyane Wade seethed that the referees stole a potential victory from the Miami Heat Saturday night, saying, "We won the game, they took it from us." Wade stole Clippers guard Baron Davis' inbound pass with 7.2 seconds left in the game and collided with referee Courtney Kirkland as he passed the ball upcourt.

Kirkland inadvertently blew his whistle, and moments later he huddled with referees Greg Willard and Ron Olesiak and determined that Miami had possession because Wade had thrown the ball before stepping out of bounds.

But if the play had not been stopped Wade could have had the game-winning assist. Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers were open and in position to score. But play was stopped and Wade's attempted buzz-beater fell way short. The Heat lost 97-96.

"It was a clear steal," an angry Wade said after the game. "I was shocked they came back and tried to overturn the call and say they (saw) me step out of bounds. It was some (expletive).

"It wasn't even close to being a call. I don't even know how you can call something like that. We won the game. They took it from us."

"We had a three-on-zero fastbreak and they didn't see the play," Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said.

When play resumed with 7.2 seconds remaining, Clippers rookie Mike Taylor fouled Wade and the Heat inbounded the ball with 2.9 seconds left. Chalmers found Wade, whose 27-foot shot was way short as center Marcus Camby had a hand in Wade's face.

After leading by eight points with 1:24 left, the Clippers held off the Heat's furious comeback attempt. Wade hit a seven-foot floater and then sunk a 26-foot three-pointer with 49 seconds left. Haslem cut the Clippers' lead to one point with 7.6 seconds left. Then the controversial play unfolded.

But there would have been no controversy had the Heat protected its six-point fourth quarter lead.

‘‘It's tough, but there are a lot of things that we could have done differently before the last play to win the game," Haslem said. After winning a night earlier in Phoenix, the loss kept the Heat winless on the second night of back-to-back games this season. The Heat (8-9) fell to 1-2 on its five-game West Coast road trip.

Wade led the way for the Heat again, scoring 26 points and adding 11 assists. Rookie Michael Beasley provided a spark off the bench with 24 points, including 17 in the second quarter.

The Clippers improved to 3-13 this season, despite playing without starting center Chris Kaman, who was sidelined with a foot injury. Al Thornton and Zach Randolph each scored 27 points and Baron Davis had 15 points and nine assists.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dwyane Wade blames loss vs. Clippers on refs...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »
how bout blamin your ring on refs you disgraceful fucker
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:35:49 PM »
lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »
Yeah Wade you had more than your fair share of love from the refs. What goes around comes around, take your L, move on.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »
The irony in this is hilarious

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »
LOL...who woulda thought we'd see the day Wade disses the refs.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 01:23:34 AM »
how bout blamin your ring on refs you disgraceful fucker

What a hater, get over it

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
BLAME IT ON KOBE

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »
 :o Wade's lucky he never had 2 play 4 the Clippers.  It would be a whole lot worse 4 him there.  No team has been screwed by the refs more than the Clippers.  Not the Vikings, not whoever played the Bricks in the 90's, not the Magic when Shaquille was playing there, not teams who played the Donkeys when Elway was playing, not teams who play New England with Brady, NOT EVEN THE RAVENS OR RAIDERS.  Not sure which of those 2 teams the refs hate more.  Especially in the 90's the clipper players could breathe on the opponents, refs call fouls.  When someone does flagrant fouls on them, refs turn a blind eye >:(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
all the greats blame it on the refs...

for example... :D