Author Topic: Will the Celtics and Lakers play on Christmas day with 4 losses combined?  (Read 1217 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Will the Celtics and Lakers play on Christmas day with 4 losses combined?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
The Lakers probably lose to NO. Road trip, back-to-back games, a horrible team followed by a good team. Boston could lose to Atlanta, but I doubt it. With so few losses, the 2 direct match-ups in the regular season could actually mean something in regards to who wins the title. That's refreshing.

This year is gonna be interesting, yeah. Lakers betta win more games than the Celtics. I don't want to play 3-4 games in Boston.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
The Lakers probably lose to NO. Road trip, back-to-back games, a horrible team followed by a good team. Boston could lose to Atlanta, but I doubt it. With so few losses, the 2 direct match-ups in the regular season could actually mean something in regards to who wins the title. That's refreshing.

This year is gonna be interesting, yeah. Lakers betta win more games than the Celtics. I don't want to play 3-4 games in Boston.

Oh you will have to play 3 games in Boston my dear. The Lakers are not going to sweep them.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »

Oh you will have to play 3 games in Boston my dear. The Lakers are not going to sweep them.

Ok. I don't want to play 4 games in Boston.

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 11:16:22 AM »

Keep Dreaming LA
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:17:58 AM by corner_boy »

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »
lakers might slip against NOH and boston aswell but also needs to face ATL. those are the 3 matches that any of em really got a chance of losing

thisoneguy360

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
I don't really see LA losing..but we all know upsets can happen, but I can actually see Boston losing to ATL just because of how ATL handled them at home last year..should be interesting to see.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »
Damn..looks like i'm gonna be forced to eat my words

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »
We should pull off a trade to get a better defensive player at the PG position ... that high screen and roll defense is TERRIBLE( well the PG is not the only responsible for that but he's a huge part)  ... Drew needs to re-become that defensive anchor again , Kobe needs to stop gambling and the whole team needs to stop helping-doubled team for no reason after a screen ... it results in WIDE open threes  for the opponent ... if we keep playing that kind of D (well , we do not play any) we won't beat whoever will come out of the East ... and it's not overraction based on this loss ... it's based on what I saw from the latest  10-12 games

'EclipZe

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
o well that was sooner then expected lol

teecee

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
Kobe gambled way too many times..............Lakers d is looking suspect.  THe Celtics and Cavs are both looking better at the moment, but the LAkers have more talent so we will see.

season is young

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 10:29:42 PM »
lol this thread is officially funny

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »
I jinxed it. :(

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 08:29:53 AM »
Kobe gambled way too many times..............Lakers d is looking suspect.  THe Celtics and Cavs are both looking better at the moment, but the LAkers have more talent so we will see.

season is young

Celtics and Cavs definitely play more mature basketball. Lakers are more talented, though. In the Finals, I'd go with serious adult basketball over raw talent any day of the week. But like you said, it's still early.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 01:06:15 AM »
We should pull off a trade to get a better defensive player at the PG position ... that high screen and roll defense is TERRIBLE( well the PG is not the only responsible for that but he's a huge part)  ... Drew needs to re-become that defensive anchor again , Kobe needs to stop gambling and the whole team needs to stop helping-doubled team for no reason after a screen ... it results in WIDE open threes  for the opponent ... if we keep playing that kind of D (well , we do not play any) we won't beat whoever will come out of the East ... and it's not overraction based on this loss ... it's based on what I saw from the latest  10-12 games

pull off a trade? LMAO...our roster DOES NOT need adjustments.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 04:16:54 AM »

pull off a trade? LMAO...our roster DOES NOT need adjustments.

I do agree with NIK. The last thing we need is to start changing players unless it's for an impact type of player. We started the season defending very well. We can do it again. It's all about ourself. Getting another PG in our rotation won't "save" us. It's the team who gotta step up and who gotta be more concentrated.

We can always make a trade in 2 months, if necessary. Or we can acquire a veteran just before the playoffs if necessary. But not now.