Author Topic: Lakers and 72 wins???? CLE or Boston???  (Read 822 times)

teecee

Lakers and 72 wins???? CLE or Boston???
« on: December 09, 2008, 10:44:15 PM »
3-2 in the last 5.   Another almost loss.  What is going on?  Is the sky falling?

No, Lakers will still be in the finals likely.  But this goes to show you how hard it is to win 72 games.  I don't think either or the big three (still can't believe how good CLE is right now) has a chance.......

Kool Beenz

Re: Lakers and 72 wins???? CLE or Boston???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
did they beat the Kings today?

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »
The only team who really have a chance to try to do that is Boston. I mean they are mentally stronger than the rest of the League. Plus they are already the NBA Champions, they know how to win, and they know how to handle pressure (all them Game-7's in the Playoff last year..). The Lakers will have the best record in the West, but unfortunately it won't be better than the Celtics one, and that's something that scares me, cause like i said i don't want to play 4 games in Boston.

tempo2

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:27:39 AM »
it has been confirmed he is out indefinetley and has his foot in a protective boot.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:16:43 AM »
nobody can get 72 wins playing on the east or west coast

too much travel

bulls had it made in the central time zone
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:33:20 AM »
^That's some insightful shit.

Either way, it's stupid to give your all in March when you already got home court sealed just so you get 72. You should chill a bit in March and take an L here and there, then go all in during April to get ready for the Playoffs. 65 is damn straight, going for much more than that is immature, unless it comes really easy.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:23:42 AM »
I dont think any of these teams will keep up this pace, especially the Cavs (who ESPN says has the best shot at 72 wins).  I think the Lakers will slow down a BIT, but more importantly i think some Western teams will improve during the season. The one thing that might give the Cavs or Celtics a better shot....is that they might be competing against eachother for homecourt during the playoffs at the end of the season. So they might not be able to rest starters down the stretch. Either way, it doesnt matter cus its WAY too early to be worrying about 72 wins lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
I hope Boston goes 73-9 then loses to the Hawks in the 1st round. Then again...knowing those arrogant fuckers they'll just brag about setting a new record all year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
a ESPN anaylist said that the Lakers problem is that they wont know how to win close games; that they slack off when there winning by 20 in the fourth (like they have been up all season).

Lakers are losing close games according to ESPN. ;) ;D

Rick McCrank

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »
The only team who really have a chance to try to do that is Boston.

The Lakers will have the best record in the West
but unfortunately it won't be better than the Celtics one, and that's something that scares me, cause like i said i don't want to play 4 games in Boston.

yup, the Lakers are fucked haha

Boston's gonna kick their ass

like NIK says "there's no way Boston will win" that's how I feel about the Lakers

and I'm a Laker fan.... they're way too pussy, WAY

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »
a ESPN anaylist said that the Lakers problem is that they wont know how to win close games; that they slack off when there winning by 20 in the fourth (like they have been up all season).

Lakers are losing close games according to ESPN. ;) ;D

lakers don't play enough D in my opinion, so when they run into a team like Boston thats built around it they get exposed.

not sayin that as a "hater" or celtic fan, thats just the truth.  celtics arent perfect either but they have mental toughness that the MOST of the Lakers don't seem to possess
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 08:01:36 PM »
LOL@Laker fans on here acting like Boston is better than us...

We COULDA beat them last year

THIS year + Ariza and Bynum and them - James Posey = our chances double.

CALM DOWN.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »
LOL@Laker fans on here acting like Boston is better than us...

We COULDA beat them last year

THIS year + Ariza and Bynum and them - James Posey = our chances double.

CALM DOWN.

Posey really means alot when we're 19-2, huh?  that's what your holding on to here?

i mean Bynum's a fine player but has the landscape of LA really changed that much?  they still allow 100 points a game!

i loved Posey as much as the next C's fan but he's 1 player, and Rondo's evolving to the point where Posey's minutes aren't needed as bad

'EclipZe

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
cleveland might be able to pull it off against the celtics in the play offs. they've gotten stronger damn. unbelievable.