Author Topic: Remake Of Zelda: OoT  (Read 452 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re: Remake Of Zelda: OoT
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 03:56:59 PM »
twilight princess was a return to a more realistic zelda. it was pretty damn dope, especially with the wii controls. a new zelda made from the ground-up and using the upcoming wii remote add-on for advanced swordfights and stuff might be really good. for some reason i always imagined zelda would be in 1st person in 3d. i reckon they could start to use 1st person sections with a new motion sensing sword fighting system.

It won't fully return to realism until they bring back the Pig-man.

Or have no story really what so ever and have random people in strange towns invite you into their homes and heal your wounds, with having any other conversation with you.

when u say pig man u mean Ganon? the final boss? by the way what year were u born and what age u start playing zelda at and was it on the first nintendo? just wondering :-\

this is him in all his different looks over the years http://matrim2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/many-faces-of-ganon.html

My first Zelda experience was 1989 with both Zelda and Zelda 2. I was 6 going on 7 years old and it was one of the great summers of my life. But they were both kids games great for kids. Everything about Zelda is a kids game and kids need those games. You grew up and you want Zelda to grow up too. Why? There are plenty of mature games being made these days that are just as good or better than any Zelda game is going to be. I don't see the point of taking Zelda away from the kids of today soa few kids from yesterday can have more fun with their nostalgia. I don't want Zelda to grow up any more than I want Sesame Street, or Ronald McDonald to grow up (anyone remember those terrible Arch Deluxe  commercials from the 90s where threy tried to make Ronald McDonald cool for the teens and twenty-somethings? One commercial had Ronald at a night club and all these hot chicks were being interviewed about how they can't believe how cool, hot, and sexy Ronald is. It was horrible).

good point about ronald mcdonald but zelda is different and yes like u said it was originally intended for kids how ever when zelda first came out all video game for the most part on a large scale were all targeting to kids and teens now the video game generation from that time is adult but still into gaming and there are many games like u say being made for mature gamers now... so i'm saying why not we know it's possible and their sure will be a market for it so i'm all for it

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 04:09:06 PM »
twilight princess was a return to a more realistic zelda. it was pretty damn dope, especially with the wii controls. a new zelda made from the ground-up and using the upcoming wii remote add-on for advanced swordfights and stuff might be really good. for some reason i always imagined zelda would be in 1st person in 3d. i reckon they could start to use 1st person sections with a new motion sensing sword fighting system.

It won't fully return to realism until they bring back the Pig-man.

Or have no story really what so ever and have random people in strange towns invite you into their homes and heal your wounds, with having any other conversation with you.

when u say pig man u mean Ganon? the final boss? by the way what year were u born and what age u start playing zelda at and was it on the first nintendo? just wondering :-\

this is him in all his different looks over the years http://matrim2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/many-faces-of-ganon.html

My first Zelda experience was 1989 with both Zelda and Zelda 2. I was 6 going on 7 years old and it was one of the great summers of my life. But they were both kids games great for kids. Everything about Zelda is a kids game and kids need those games. You grew up and you want Zelda to grow up too. Why? There are plenty of mature games being made these days that are just as good or better than any Zelda game is going to be. I don't see the point of taking Zelda away from the kids of today soa few kids from yesterday can have more fun with their nostalgia. I don't want Zelda to grow up any more than I want Sesame Street, or Ronald McDonald to grow up (anyone remember those terrible Arch Deluxe  commercials from the 90s where threy tried to make Ronald McDonald cool for the teens and twenty-somethings? One commercial had Ronald at a night club and all these hot chicks were being interviewed about how they can't believe how cool, hot, and sexy Ronald is. It was horrible).

good point about ronald mcdonald but zelda is different and yes like u said it was originally intended for kids how ever when zelda first came out all video game for the most part on a large scale were all targeting to kids and teens now the video game generation from that time is adult but still into gaming and there are many games like u say being made for mature gamers now... so i'm saying why not we know it's possible and their sure will be a market for it so i'm all for it

See, for me, Link is no different than Ronald, or Super Mario. Trying to take a character like that and a story like that and all of a sudden make it 18+ or even 16+ just doesn't work. A lot of people grew up on Mario like they did Mickey Mouse, and a lot of people that grew up with Mickey had their kids grow up with Mickey and their grand kids grow up with Mickey and none of that would have happened if some guy in the late 60s decided that a lot of the kids that loved mickey twenty years ago are hippies now and we can tap into that market by making Micky more for them, and all of a sudden Mickey starts smoking weed, playing the Sitar, and listening to Sgt. Peppers.

What would the premise for a mature Zelda game be exactly? Link and Zelda make a sex tape, Gannon steals that sex tape and Link has to find it before it gets spread Hyrule and Zelda's name is tarnished but at the end when Link finds it he discovers it wasn't the sex tape with him and Zelda it was Gannon and Zelda and an irate Link kills them both and then kills himself as the credits role to a Coldplay song?

Please tell me a good idea for an adult Zelda game because I can't think of one.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 04:13:44 PM »
Twilight Princess wasn't an easy game to pass.  It had solid boss fights and great puzzles.  The Phantom Hourglass for the DS was another great Zelda game, those puzzles were REALLY creative.  Kids love both of these games, what Ninteno is planning to do is just ignore kids as well.  This generation of kids are already becoming hardcore gamers at an earlier age than us folks that are in our 20s. What Nintendo is gonna do is make Zelda a casual gamer experience, this isn't a Kids vs Adults issue.  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 04:24:17 PM »
Twilight Princess wasn't an easy game to pass.  It had solid boss fights and great puzzles.  The Phantom Hourglass for the DS was another great Zelda game, those puzzles were REALLY creative.  Kids love both of these games, what Ninteno is planning to do is just ignore kids as well.  This generation of kids are already becoming hardcore gamers at an earlier age than us folks that are in our 20s. What Nintendo is gonna do is make Zelda a casual gamer experience, this isn't a Kids vs Adults issue.  

If all this argument is a bout is Nintendo adding a hard mode to the newer Zelda titles in the future then I won't argue because I don't see why they shouldn't.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 05:40:43 PM »
that arch deluxe hamburger was the bombb, after that there wasnt a bacon burger on the menu till the angus 1 came out.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 07:05:55 PM »
that arch deluxe hamburger was the bombb, after that there wasnt a bacon burger on the menu till the angus 1 came out.

I liked the burger (though I never found it as filling as others) I just think the ad campaign was ridiculous. They spent like 100 million or something telling people Ronald McDonald was a sexy man and that kids won't like the Arch Deluxe.

Matty

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »
since when has difficulty been a major issue on the zelda series? the nes games were rock - the latest version was harder than OOT overall (except the water temple perhaps).

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 02:02:49 AM »
i didnt like twilight as much, it was too different with teh wolf changing n all that.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.