Author Topic: Rappers becoming singers  (Read 258 times)

KURUPTION-81

Rappers becoming singers
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:07:01 AM »
You get a lot of people who still dont believe that rapping takes any talent or is even a genuine art of music.

Do you think this contributes to a lot ofd rappers who release albums where they are only singing. As if to prove they are genuine artists with talent.

Off the top of my head i can think of Lauren Hill, Andre 3000, Kanye, Wyclef and to a lesser extent Snoop, eminem and ja rule.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Rappers becoming singers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
Lil Wayne (best rapper alive ;)) is kind of getting into that singing game. ;D

Chamillionaire sings his own hooks on occasion; but he does a good job on those, imo.

Rap does take talent imo. i mean i notice a lot of Rock fans say that; because Rappers dont make there own beats (with instruments).

but fuck that, there lyrical & make BANGIN beats, even if no one is actually playing them on an instrument.

Rap>>>Rock. ;) 8)

J. Bryson

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »

Chamillionaire sings his own hooks on occasion; but he does a good job on those, imo.

Rap does take talent imo. i mean i notice a lot of Rock fans say that; because Rappers dont make there own beats (with instruments).

but fuck that, there lyrical & make BANGIN beats, even if no one is actually playing them on an instrument.

Rap>>>Rock. ;) 8)

cham sings a lot, he's probably the best at singing when it comes to rapping. i wouldn't mind seeing him put out an all singing album ep, or mixtape as a little side project. that would be ill.

chalie boy is a good singer too

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »
Chamillionaire
Z-Ro
Devin The Dude
B.O.B.

all pretty dope at singing as well

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »

Rap>>>Rock. ;) 8)

cham sings a lot, he's probably the best at singing when it comes to rapping. i wouldn't mind seeing him put out an all singing album ep, or mixtape as a little side project. that would be ill.

chalie boy is a good singer too

a Chamillionaire/Charlie Boy collab album (singing) would be amazing; a rap album too. ;)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »
quan

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »

kemizt

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
rappings been around for a hundred years

2euce 7even

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:33:23 AM »
Lil Weezy With His Auto-Tune Shit.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 02:45:22 AM »
Theres bunch of rappers that turn into singers I do like  8)
Soopafly, Lil Half Dead, Kokane, Suga Free, Z-Ro, Daddy V,...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »
Why do they so it though, i dont really mean those who sing a hook but those who release whole albums.

Is it to show there a credible artist or is it more to do with been talented in both generes, rapping and singing.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson