Author Topic: Any producers on here? I need a drum kit? U know it.  (Read 414 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Any producers on here? I need a drum kit? U know it.
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »
If you do tracks, is there anyone that can bless me or access the drum kits from Snoop's" Doggydogg world" off Doggystle?
Namely the Snare and hats, kick will do if you had the whole kit. I know this rare to ask and even a rare kit to find, but I heard on another song of an indy artist so I don't hitnk it's that out of reach if an indy cats has. I'm asking here cause this the westcoast. :)

Let me know

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
Re: Any producers on here? I need a drum kit? U know it.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
naw, but i can hook you up with Croup's Deadly Drums and Filthy Drums if you lookin for that grimy hard bangin shit. lemme know.
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
If you do tracks, is there anyone that can bless me or access the drum kits from Snoop's" Doggydogg world" off Doggystle?
Namely the Snare and hats, kick will do if you had the whole kit. I know this rare to ask and even a rare kit to find, but I heard on another song of an indy artist so I don't hitnk it's that out of reach if an indy cats has. I'm asking here cause this the westcoast. :)

Let me know

Try sampling it and if theres a sound behind it tweak it a bit to lessin it up. Plus once you put your shit on the track they shouldnt be able to hear it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

MarshColin

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »
Did you ever consider sampling the drums yourself? It is not hard. Go to about 1:30 in the video.

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
Did you ever consider sampling the drums yourself? It is not hard. Go to about 1:30 in the video.

homies got a point... its fun too, get some records, even ya parents old records, sample that shit, eq it and bang that shit out on the mpc or whatever you use...
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
naw, but i can hook you up with Croup's Deadly Drums and Filthy Drums if you lookin for that grimy hard bangin shit. lemme know.

Homie could you hook me up with that patna?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

G-Funk

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:26:42 PM »
If you do tracks, is there anyone that can bless me or access the drum kits from Snoop's"Doggydogg world" off Doggystle?
Namely the Snare and hats, kick will do if you had the whole kit.

you mean the drum sample used in that particular song?  ??? I heard that drum sample used in other songs too. I'm still wonderin where it originally came from.
Anyway, if you want that you should probably google up a list of samples used in Doggystyle & maybe it'll tell you somethin.

One good site that has lots of info on samples used in songs is www.the-breaks.com 8)

Did you ever consider sampling the drums yourself? It is not hard.

Haha I do this all time, I've made my own sampled drum kit by doing this ;D

MarshColin

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »

homies got a point... its fun too, get some records, even ya parents old records, sample that shit, eq it and bang that shit out on the mpc or whatever you use...

He can sample the drums straight from Doggy Dogg World if he wants.

G-Funk

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »

He can sample the drums straight from Doggy Dogg World if he wants.

i don't think there's a good enough break in that song to sample from.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
Thanks a lot of fellas. Thanks for the video too, but I know how to chop samples. Lol Cool tho. the instrumental has the bass line always hitting with it so by time I chop it and use, filter it to take the bass out it becomes another snare thus not the one, plus I want hi hat I want. As u see in that vid I need clean spots and there's none in Doggydogg world, but i heard it else where hence I presume the kit exist somewhere out there outside of Snoop'ssong.
Illicit, u got a site I can hear your drums? Always wanna hear stuff I will cop. I got tons on snare I sample over 12 years of making beats so i'm good but alway want new stuff or mostly rare stuff like this one I need.

Dre also used it On G Funk Intro on Doggystyle with the similar hat so i know it's out there. there must've been a keyboard out there with it that time?

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
I don't know why but i usually sample ktis with instrument in them just by filter them and get them clean. I did that with Some LA N***z from Dre 2001, clean. Guess I was being lazy;D

So I got the Doggy Dogg world snare, but still want the rest, hihat, but i'm good with this for now. so i'll like to share.

I chopped it, eq and filter casue there were so much highs and bass on it and saturate it a lil with SLL plugin then added a small plate verb to add a lil more sustain to the snr since it was too choppy and voila:

Here's the snare: http://www.zshare.net/audio/53882187c6cebefc/   :D

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:16:11 PM by PresidentUP »

G-Funk

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:21 PM »
^^^ hahaha god damn :laugh: