Author Topic: Blackbird - The Browser for Black People  (Read 391 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Blackbird - The Browser for Black People
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 08:04:45 PM »
^great...now they just need a browser for white supremacy, and all will be good. ::)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
lol another funny thing is the company name 40A, Inc. any bet it stands for 40 A. and a Mule ;D

gotta love these cats

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
Anybody that wastes their time downloading this browser has serious race issues.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 11:34:46 AM »
You know what, I read through the website, and it's actually not a bad idea.....

You know who is the most ignorant about Black/African history???? I'll give ya one guess, and it's not white people..... it's us.... Black People are notoriously ignorant of their own existance, this browser seems like it seeks to remedy that.....

I applaud them for trying, though I seriously doubt it will work...

and yes, White people should be able to have a browser geared towards them.... it's called Internet Explorer!  8)
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »
^ i'm sorry but that's some stupid shit.

if you have the internet already.........and need a web browser to REMIND you where you come from and who you are, they should just rename your browser Helmet Retard. Because that's what you would be.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »

if you have the internet already.........and need a web browser to REMIND you where you come from and who you are, they should just rename your browser Helmet Retard. Because that's what you would be.

it's not a question of needing a web browser to remind you where you come from.....
It's about someone trying a different method to teach you things you didn't know about where you come from.....

again, the average Black Person is not going to go looking up the name of the tribe their ancestors belonged to in Africa.... they just aren't.... but if that information was placed right in front of you, you'd be an idiot not to read it, right????

I think that's what they were trying to do with this browser....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
I'd only download it if it gave me a free membership to round and brown.com
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

it's not a question of needing a web browser to remind you where you come from.....
It's about someone trying a different method to teach you things you didn't know about where you come from.....

again, the average Black Person is not going to go looking up the name of the tribe their ancestors belonged to in Africa.... they just aren't.... but if that information was placed right in front of you, you'd be an idiot not to read it, right????

but with that said the same people who aren't going to be inclined to look up their tribe and shit aren't going to be the same people inclined to click on a link inside a browser though.

but even if they were to be inclined, how are they going to be ensured that the information is accurate. black people were just thrown on a boat, sold, and bred. i don't think kunta kept a family tree....or was  allowed to for that matter.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »
I primarily converted to Opera orignally when i first witnessed the Speed Dial feature be built into Opera.

Here take a look.

Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
Anybody that wastes their time downloading this browser has serious race issues.
well laid out

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 03:34:43 PM »
I primarily converted to Opera orignally when i first witnessed the Speed Dial feature be built into Opera.

Here take a look.

doesn't Safari already do that?

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

but with that said the same people who aren't going to be inclined to look up their tribe and shit aren't going to be the same people inclined to click on a link inside a browser though.

but even if they were to be inclined, how are they going to be ensured that the information is accurate. black people were just thrown on a boat, sold, and bred. i don't think kunta kept a family tree....or was  allowed to for that matter.

Kunta didn't, but his family left behind in Africa did.....

My aunt traced their side of the family's history back 12 generations, most of which was done on the internet....

The browser may be a little miss guided in it's marketing, but it's still a good and viable product... especially since it's based on Fire Fox.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com