Author Topic: Interscope Signee: Yung L.A. Interview  (Read 198 times)

Lunatic

Interscope Signee: Yung L.A. Interview
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »
Raptalk.Net is very proud to bring to you a brand new Yung L.A. interview.

After introducing Yung L.A. to our readers a few months ago via an interview, he was just an independent artist signed to Grand Hustle, but a lot has changed since then. At the time, Yung L.A. was buzzing in Atlanta with his "Ain't I" single which featured Big Kuntry.

Since then, a whole lot of accomplishments have been achieved by this youngster. He remixed "Ain't I" to include verses from the Grand Hustle boss, T.I. and fan-favorite Young Dro. Needless to say, the song has become a national hit and is responsible for landing Yung L.A. a distribution deal at the infamous Interscope Records.

We discuss the label deal and how it came about with Interscope; Yung L.A. also tells us why he is not afraid Interscope will keep his record on the shelf and why it will get in stores.

We get into the "Ain't I" Remix single and the music video shooting, why he choose the theme he did and so on.

Finally, "Young Leland" the album is dropping soon, get all the details on that including guests, producers and much more.

Enjoy...

Read Full Interview Here: http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1204/54/
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

Re: Interscope Signee: Yung L.A. Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
nice interview... I'll be checkin' for the album, I still dig that "Ain't I" remix

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
nice interview... I'll be checkin' for the album, I still dig that "Ain't I" remix
thanks! the album should be interesting and unique.."Ain't I" remix is hot!

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 07:57:42 PM »
Luna does it again. I will peep this when it drops.

penenstamp

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »
After introducing Yung L.A. to our readers a few months ago via an interview, he was just an independent artist signed to Grand Hustle, but a lot has changed since then.

Since then, a whole lot of accomplishments have been achieved by this youngster. He remixed "Ain't I" to include verses from the Grand Hustle boss, T.I. and fan-favorite Young Dro.

:tosser:

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
^go to a southern message board and see what they opinion is on Dro. I use the word fan-favorite for a reason.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
After introducing Yung L.A. to our readers a few months ago via an interview, he was just an independent artist signed to Grand Hustle, but a lot has changed since then.

Since then, a whole lot of accomplishments have been achieved by this youngster. He remixed "Ain't I" to include verses from the Grand Hustle boss, T.I. and fan-favorite Young Dro.

U are one of a kind pen.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
and to the first bolded part

an independent dude making a hit record with another well-known underground (Big Kuntry) artist and then remixing it to include 2 mainstream-friendly, success-seen artists (Tip & Dro) which lands you a deal with one of the biggest North American labels, Interscope is quite the accomplishment in its own sense.

penenstamp

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »
^go to a southern message board and see what they opinion is on Dro. I use the word fan-favorite for a reason.

I'm signed up on WOS. The level of the discussions over there isn't exactly high, so...

...but then again... what level do you expect your fans to have when you can't even spell "Young" right? lol

U are one of a kind pen.

Just speaking my mind, as always.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
^u may not call it high but that board is busy as fuck, has a shit load of members and most are actually from the southern region (unlike here where most are european). with a board like WOS, it really gives you the clear-cut answer of where the south stands on their artists since 99% of members reside in the south - and the general consensus is that young dro is a fan favorite. get over it.