Author Topic: LOL @ Rockets...  (Read 454 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: LOL @ Rockets...
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 06:50:37 AM »
They have all the talent that is needed.. some teams are just pathetic.

You should know all about that...being a Mavericks fan...

There's only one season when the Mavs had crazy talent and didn't achieve shit, that was 03-04... but in 2006, their clearly best player was Dirk, followed by Terry and an inexperienced Howard, and Griffin was a starter... not exactly overloaded with dominant players I'd say - they still made the Finals and looked as the clear winners late in Game 3. Then dominated the regular season afterwards... but on paper, their roster was not great during their prime.

Dude, your #1 seeded team had the MVP on it and got beat down by the 8th seed.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »
So now the team sucks because it was able to win that many games and produce the MVP? Dallas would have beaten many playoff teams that year... it's just that Golden State got hot at the end of the season, they would have been way higher seeded if they played like that from the beginning. That and the obvious fact that Don Nelson knew exactly how to ruin Dallas. He knew exactly how to fuck everybody up and how to push buttons. Knew exactly how to make Avery look like a scared rookie coach. Knew exactly how to take Dirk out of the game, and so on. It was just very unfortunate. The crazy bandwaggon fans in South Cali didn't help either.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »
So now the team sucks because it was able to win that many games and produce the MVP? Dallas would have beaten many playoff teams that year... it's just that Golden State got hot at the end of the season, they would have been way higher seeded if they played like that from the beginning. That and the obvious fact that Don Nelson knew exactly how to ruin Dallas. He knew exactly how to fuck everybody up and how to push buttons. Knew exactly how to make Avery look like a scared rookie coach. Knew exactly how to take Dirk out of the game, and so on. It was just very unfortunate. The crazy bandwaggon fans in didn't help either.

Northern Cali, ya punk..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »
^Don't tell me pathetic ass San Diego niggas didn't get a hard on ... you have to consider, they were the main team in Cali at that time. Snoop Dogg chose them over the Lakers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »
^Don't tell me pathetic ass San Diego niggas didn't get a hard on ... you have to consider, they were the main team in Cali at that time. Snoop Dogg chose them over the Lakers.

"San Diego niggas"? I dunno, man, San Diego heads tend to be Laker or Clipper fans...those fans were not even close to being on the Warrior bandwaggon. I'm pretty sure it was mostly a Bay Area thing, Sacramento King fans jumped ship more than anyone...Snoop was reppin for Cali, according to him...Lakers were out of playoff contention, so it was okay...PeACe