Author Topic: With Manny Ramirez talks at stalemate, Dodgers consider Bobby Abreu or Adam Dunn  (Read 384 times)

Elano

'Manny is our first choice,' General Manager Ned Colletti says, but stalled negotiations lead club to consider other corner outfielders in what has become a buyer's market.

As the stalemate between Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers approaches its third month, the club is exploring whether Bobby Abreu or Adam Dunn could replace Ramirez in left field.

The market for Ramirez apparently has not heated up even after Mark Teixeira, the most coveted hitter available in free agency, signed last week with the New York Yankees. General Manager Ned Colletti said Monday the Dodgers have not heard since then from Scott Boras, the agent for Ramirez and Teixeira.

"I'm assuming, if Manny wants to play here, we'll hear at some point from Scott," Colletti said.

Colletti would not discuss what other players the Dodgers might pursue.

"Manny is our first choice," Colletti said.

The Dodgers offered Ramirez a two-year, $45-million contract eight weeks ago, then withdrew the offer after Boras declined to propose a counteroffer. The Dodgers also offered a one-year contract via salary arbitration, which Ramirez declined.

Ramirez, Abreu, Dunn, Garret Anderson and Pat Burrell are among the corner outfielders available in what has become a buyer's market, although the Dodgers are not believed to be interested in Anderson or Burrell.

The Dodgers found a possible taker for center fielder Andruw Jones in the New York Mets, but the talks apparently went nowhere after the Mets asked the Dodgers to take second baseman Luis Castillo in a swap of bad contracts. Jones has one year and $22 million left on his contract, Castillo three years at $18 million.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Manny>>>Bobby & Dunn (combined) lol.

hes going to be a Yankee. 8)

GottiValentino

Manny>>>Bobby & Dunn (combined) lol.

hes going to be a Yankee. 8)

real talk fuck a Dunn or Abreu

hope he stays with the Dodgers though

OG Hack Wilson

yankees sloppy seconds eh?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
good move by the dodgers.   and i dont mean signing dunn or abreu, but showing boras that we have other options, and that he fucked up by not even responding to our offer. 

yankees wont sign manny, and no other team has expressed interest...he will be a dodger when its all said and done, but the ball is now in our court.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
what did i say? it looks like boras contacted the dodgers about resigning manny. :bandit:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers31-2008dec31,0,7208810.story

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i predict  a 2 year, 50(ish)M deal, with a club option or player option thatll vest according to production, worth another 25ish mill.   :bandit:

OG Hack Wilson

dodgers are in a laid b ack city they'll be good for manny

when the weathers great and not 30 degrees and snowy in april he'll love it

the $$$ is all that matters.  im shocked thie cubs and mets didn't bid...the mets love latin players
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
their GM wants him, but the owners wont even consider it.  too bad for them, santana in the rotation, manny in the lineup, krod in the pen is  :o

OG Hack Wilson

their GM wants him, but the owners wont even consider it.  too bad for them, santana in the rotation, manny in the lineup, krod in the pen is  :o

krods arm will blow out eventually...great closer and all but stat wise Putz in the last 3 years is better.  krods save record was mad over-ratedi, there were atleast 2 or 3 closers w/ better years  (Mo, Papelbon, Nathan, Lidge)

but yeha, wrights been slumping last 2 years.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Bobby is a good player...he's not a person who can carry a line up...but he's consistent and one of the best (top3) at working pitch counts....his fielding might be falling off...but dude is good.

Good to have in the line up. Can always count on a good at bat...and batters behind him love that.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Mannys good in l.a. If he goes to the new york gaynkees then fuk that
Bullets aint got no names

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Mannys good in l.a. If he goes to the new york gaynkees then fuk that damn were cheap.

fixed! 8)

OG Hack Wilson

Mannys good in l.a. If he goes to the new york gaynkees then fuk that

"gaynkee"   are you 12??

Rick McCrank

great, maybe Dunn and Kemp can be the first 500 strikeout tandem ever

all the while Manny hits a fuckin homer every other at-bat for another team
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 08:25:29 PM by Willy Mo Pena »