Author Topic: Juelz Santana Interview  (Read 138 times)

Lunatic

Juelz Santana Interview
« on: December 31, 2008, 08:03:10 AM »
not my work
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/juelzsantanainterview.htm

Illuminati 2G sat down with Juelz Santana for a exclusive interview. We discuss the state of Dipset, his Skull Gang Records imprint, when is the duo album with him and Lil Wayne going to drop and much more. Check it out.

For audio of the interview, click on the link below:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/535065016d2355e1/

Illuminati 2G is here with Juelz Santana how's it going?

Hey what's going on man?

Not too much. What's been going on with you since What's The Games Been Missing dropped over a year ago?

I mean alot. I was on tour for a while. This album it was good to me. Alot of people supported it and it kept me on the road for a while. I was in a real bad business situation so I decided to take it upon myself and say I was not going to put out my next album until I got my business situation figured out and situated. So in the process of having some time off, I have been working alot and keeping myself afloat. I did the Wayne project and we are just waiting for the politics to go through with that. I am putting together my movement, this whole Skull Gang thing. That was why I got out of my situation and set this up to show to people what I have been putting together on my off time.

Do you have a compilation getting ready to drop on Skull Gang Records or is it just a mixtape?

It's like a mixtape compilation. With Koch so far it is a one and out thing and they gave us a opportunity to display our artists and our talent ya dig? I did a deal with Koch that has never been done before. If we do a certain amount of records then we get upstreamed to Def Jam and then Def Jam will pick it up and promote as well. It will still be a 50/50 deal with Def Jam in my favor so it is pretty much done, it is a deal that has never been done before as far as doing a upstream from Koch to a major label. We put that together and we just put out the Bad Santa album, that was Jim Jones' idea. He had put a Christmas album out 2 years ago. The Byrdgang, him, R.I.P. Stack Bundles and a couple other guys, so he decided to do another one and he called me up to see if I was interested and if I wanted to do some songs and I was like yeah. I knew it would be something different to do. Something real unexpected from us. I was like why not lets do it. At the same time I am all about building the brand so I want people to get used to my team and my movement which is Skull Gang ya heard.

Who is signed to the label and do you have a release date for the mixtape compilation?

Well right now we have the regular Takeover, the mixtape is in the streets right now. We put that out September 19th and it is doing real well in the streets, we did like 760,000 downloads in the first week. We put out about 4 videos already from the mixtape and each of those videos have around 2 or 3 million hits on WorldStarHipHop and all the internet sites put together. So right now we are gearing up for my mixtape, The Reagan Era, which is my solo mixtape and the Takeover Continues with is the Skull Gang mixtape, we gonna put those out around the same time. The Takeover Continues is going to have a couple original records that was for the first one that we did a whole lot of videos for on the mixtape, and we did video for my Reagan Era mixtape. We also did some for the Skull Gang record on Koch and then we are going to gear up for my album, Born To Lose, Built To Win. Hopefully all of my artists will be ready to have their own deals and drop all their solo projects too. My arists are John Depp, my man Un Kasa, my man Richmond Rabb, and Starr right now that's like the frontline. I got a couple other artists that I am dealing with but this is mainly the frontline right now, that is Skull Gang, including myself.

You had mentioned earlier the duo album with Lil Wayne is done and pretty much a wrap. Do you guys have a release date or anything set for it?

We do not have a release date, we are just going through alot of politics and there is alot of labels involved and alot of hands are in the pot. At the same time by business decisions I did not have control over. Other people were negotiating the deal for me so it was delaying the project even more. So now that I personally am doing the deal, I just want to put the album out. It is not about benefits, I feel like it's a album the people deserve to have and they deserve to hear. Artists like me and Wayne just going in and they want to hear it, we have been promoting it for so long it's like why not lets put it out.

And are you still working on your upcoming album and do you have a release date set for that through Def Jam?

Born To Lose, Built To Win. That is the title of the album. I just want the name to stick in people's head right now. I really do not want to give a date, just know that you are going to be hearing alot from Juelz Santana, the title of the album is Born To Lose, Built To Win and it's coming soon, I just got to create this frenzy. We are in the process of creating a whirlwind. I am all about timing man. I don't believe in dropping a album when the label says you should drop a album. Sometimes labels want to wait or dictate things for the wrong reasons. As a artist you got to hold your career in your hands. But I have a great relationship with the people over at Def Jam. They hearing the music and loving it and they are real interested in the project. They believe in my situation and that is definitely a good thing. I had a great meeting with LA Reid and he is one my side 115%. We rolling, the ball is rolling, we just making alot of stops. We just trying to help everyone. Some people when they get in a car they just drive till the end of the road, I am hitting all the towns up, so when we get to the end of the road, we know we have covered all basis, you dig what I'm saying?

Right, definitely, definitely. I had interviewed Freekey Zeekey 2 or 3 months ago and said within his power he would definitely make another Diplomats album happen. What's your whole thoughts on that situation?

I am down with making another Diplomats album, I am cool with that. People know what it is, I feel like people deserve that too. Why not. Cam is not around because we don't want him around, it is because some of the decisions that was made he was not with. It is not because we do not want Cam around. I speak to Zeek damn near everyday, I speak to Jim damn near everyday, so the bird is flying high. We never gonna let the bird come from out the sky. If Cam wants to come back and sit down and work on the album, then that would be a beautiful thing. But it is not us. We don't want to just put out a Diplomat album without him that is why we have not done it yet. That would not be right. You would have to ask him, but I would love to do it though. I'm wit it, I'm all in. I ain't the one holding that project up.

Are there any updates on any business ventures or any businesses that you are working on outside of just record labels?

We are a whole brand. It is just going to keep getting bigger. We working on everything. We working on filming, and when I say filming I mean I own a film company. We just a label that I want it to become where you can come and get everything from us. Artists, features, everything music, songs, writers, we got everything so it's like I am working on doing a movie right now, hopefully getting this role. My clothing line, we are still working on a deal to get for the line. The plan is to take over everything, there is no limits to what I want to do and things that I want to accomplish.

I know you have been on 106 N Park with Jim Jones and you guys have done alot of safe sex and AIDS awareness programs. This there anything upcoming in 2009 you want to let people know about?

Pretty much that same thing man. Safe sex is always something people should be aware about and are doing. You don't have to be on 106 N Park to be aware or to know to be aware. Just know that we are in power to make change right now. Everybody needs to step up to the plate, even the people that is not doing nothing. We need to try and make a change right now. Just like there is a open lane in the music industry, there is a open lane in the world right now for anyone to pretty much take over. In a good way, especially if people use things that are given to them. Just stay focused. Don't let no more time pass by.

Alright well that is all the questions that I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Dipset 4 Life, Skull Gang Forever ya heard me. We taking over, stay in tune. The DVD we got coming it is going to be like a film, videos for all the songs so people can a a visual of how we moving and we just trying to bring people into our world man. We gonna Skull Gang this thing out ya heard. Look forward to all our upcoming projects.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Juelz Santana Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »
I hope the wayne album really was finished a while ago, i dont want 08 wayne on it

penenstamp

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »
I hope the wayne album really was finished a while ago, i dont want 08 wayne on it

Be prepared because the 09 Wayne will probably be a lot worse than the 08 Wayne.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:26:48 AM »
I cant wait for that duo album.

penenstamp

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »
I cant wait for that duo album.

sarcasm? :P

Props to Juelz for his safe sex campaign though.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 05:10:15 PM »