Author Topic: Unreleased Tupac Tracks Set For Auction  (Read 610 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Unreleased Tupac Tracks Set For Auction
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 05:37:04 PM »
therefore eliminating anyones need to buyi that worthless Chronc 2000 cd

That "worthless cd" is platinum and was one of my favorite compilations of all time.  Especially that "Roll Wit Us," "Gotta Love Gangstas," "We Dont Love Em," "It's Goin Down," etc.  That album is a Death Row classic and set the table for the second generation of artists who unfortunately never got to release their albums due to politics.
look Suge, that CD was garbage.  a few new DPG traciks here or there, Soopafly and whoever, and a buncha garbage ass REalest tracks

milkbone? LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »
god damn!! hope they will be realesed but see it with Afeni!!
and 4 daz tracks --> daz has all rights on them ???

love33

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »

That "worthless cd" is platinum and was one of my favorite compilations of all time.  Especially that "Roll Wit Us," "Gotta Love Gangstas," "We Dont Love Em," "It's Goin Down," etc.  That album is a Death Row classic and set the table for the second generation of artists who unfortunately never got to release their albums due to politics.
look Suge, that CD was garbage.  a few new DPG traciks here or there, Soopafly and whoever, and a buncha garbage ass REalest tracks

milkbone? LOL

The tracks by Tha Realest and Top Dogg were bangers and introduced the new artists at the time.  "Gotta Love Gangstas" is a classic banger.  Garbage CDs don't move over 1,000,000 units.  Look at the albums that are out now on billboard.com and very few move over platinum like this album did.  "It's Goin Down" is another classic banger.  This album captured the Death Row sound

Jaydc555

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »
I agree I enjoyed a lot of tracks on chronic 2000..the dpg tracks,the Mac Shawn and bay area songs,swoop g made a couple of great tracks.gotta love gangstas with ths realest scarface and Richie rich is a banging song.the funny thing is top dog cindafells was ten times better then snoops version

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »

hey i agree with u, that cd had some dope tracks on it and thats why i bought it. BUT did the cd realy go platinum?

AND AS FOR THOSE PEOPLE SAYING THAT DEATHROW CANT RELEASE A CD WITHOUT PACS MOM PERMISSION CHECK THIS OUT

2Pac Unreleased Album Coming?

Published Friday, 15th August, 2008 at 10:54 PM

An unreleased 2Pac album could be released in the future it has emerged, after Global Music Group purchased influential hip-hop label Death Row Records.

As part of the $25 million deal, the new owners acquired the rights to one complete 2Pac album, which Death Row owned due to a deal made during their settlement with the Tupac Estate.

According to insiders, Global Music Group hope to release the album exactly how it is now, in its original form. If the label can get clearance for any samples used, along with blessing from the later rapper's mother Afeni Shakur, then fans will be hearing the "lost" album.

If all goes to plan, the CD could be available in early 2009.

source:http://www.iconocast.com/B000000000000021/W5/News9.htm

i dont know how credible the source is but there it is anyways
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Mietek23

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 02:56:21 AM »
^^^Chronic 2000 sell 700000 copies and was certified gold, not platinum... But it's really a classic CD - it has a lot of dope cuts. I know most of y'all don't like Tha Realest and Top Dogg but they had some of the best songs on C2K! Kurt Kobane made really great job with beats like "They Wanna Be Like Us" and "Easy 2 Be A Soulja When There Ain't No War"...

But anyway, back to the topic - It'll be cool if they have release a list of all tracks from the auction... Not to long ago I saw on Youtube that Snoop, Kurupt & Daz wanted to buy the catalogue - anyone else seen it?

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
^^^Chronic 2000 sell 700000 copies and was certified gold, not platinum... But it's really a classic CD - it has a lot of dope cuts. I know most of y'all don't like Tha Realest and Top Dogg but they had some of the best songs on C2K! Kurt Kobane made really great job with beats like "They Wanna Be Like Us" and "Easy 2 Be A Soulja When There Ain't No War"...

But anyway, back to the topic - It'll be cool if they have release a list of all tracks from the auction... Not to long ago I saw on Youtube that Snoop, Kurupt & Daz wanted to buy the catalogue - anyone else seen it?

hm.... I'd like to see that youtube video; i was talkin about something similar above

MORE NEWS..............SEEMS LIKE NO1 HAS THE BALLS TO BUY THE MATERIAL

With thousands of unheard songs by hip-hop heavyweights Tupac and Snoop Dogg, among others hitting the auction block later this month, fans would think they would have no problem finding buyers, but it seems as if former owner, Suge Knight, is a real turnoff.

New York’s Daily News reports that Knight’s Death Row Records will be going up for sale on January 15 but the label founder’s shady reputation may make it a tough sell. A source tells the paper that, “Some people don’t want to go near the catalog because they think Suge still believes it’s his...”

The former hip-hop mogul was forced to put the music up for sale after filing for bankruptcy in ’06. Authorities have tried unsuccessfully to put the extensive library on the auction block before, but all the prior deals have fell through. As  previously reported, Suge was accused of hiding a portion of Death Row’s catalog from Global Music Group, an indie that tried to buy the West Coast label last year.

Along with Death Row going up for sale, Knight’s Malibu mansion was auctioned off for $4.5 million just last month. The 8,272 square-feet house was built seven years ago and has 9.5 bathrooms, a pool, a spa and mountain and ocean views. It’s estimated value is over $6.2 million.

Source: XXL
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:53:55 AM by krzieg »
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

MR_JV

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
sounds like suge is still gettin people scared!

love33

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
Chronic 2000 sell 700000 copies and was certified gold, not platinum

It was certified platinum 700,000 copies is multiplied by 2 since it's a double album each album sale counts as 2 units sold.
So ~700,000 = ~1.4 million units

Here's a site talking about how it's platinum, there are several more.  I remember when it got certified because it was all over the old websites like wc aftershock and all those death row geocities sites that are out of commission.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Tha+Realest