Author Topic: Wizards poke fun at LeBron’s ‘crab dribble’  (Read 140 times)

Elano

Wizards poke fun at LeBron’s ‘crab dribble’
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:47:38 AM »
WASHINGTON (AP)—Add LeBron James’ “crab dribble” to the lengthy list of talking points in the Cavaliers-Wizards rivalry.

“I’ll have to check in my book to see what a ‘crab dribble’ is. I’m not quite sure,” Washington interim coach Ed Tapscott said with a smile Monday. “I do know that we don’t seem to get away with very many of them, whatever they are.”

James and the rest of the Cavaliers were given Monday off by coach Mike Brown, so the world will have to wait for more thoughts from them as to whether The Chosen One did, indeed, travel a day earlier when driving for a potential tying basket in the closing seconds of Cleveland’s 80-77 loss at Washington.

Referee Bill Spooner waved off the play and called the violation. Asked to clarify his ruling, Spooner wrote in an e-mail to a pool reporter: “3 steps on the move to the basket. Basic travel call.”

The NBA did not immediately respond to a request from The Associated Press to comment on whether Spooner made the correct call.

On Sunday, James said it was a “bad call” and that “they need to look at it and they need to understand that’s not a travel.”

In giving his take on what happened, James said: “I watched it again, and I took a ‘crab dribble,’ which is a hesitation dribble, and then two steps.”

Asked Monday if he knows what a “crab dribble” is, Wizards All-Star forward Antawn Jamison said, “I know what a traveling is. … I think we all know what traveling is.”

Washington’s other All-Star forward, Caron Butler, gave a similar answer.

“‘Crab dribble’ is when you, uh, travel,” Butler said. “That’s the hottest thing on the market right now.”

Turning to a more serious explanation, Butler said he thought James switched his pivot foot.

“I couldn’t do it in AAU, I couldn’t do it in college,” Butler said, “and obviously I can’t do it now.”

OchoCinco

Re: Wizards poke fun at LeBron’s ‘crab dribble’
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:23:26 AM »
lol
“‘Crab dribble’ is when you, uh, travel,” Butler said. “That’s the hottest thing on the market right now.”

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
LMAO a crab dribble? ive never even heard of the term....surely stevenson had an opinion on the dribble? why hasnt he said anything? he usually does haha

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
Glad this is finally getting the deserved attention.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »
he took 3 steps in continuation

the rule is 2

travel
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »
they were poking fun last year in the playoffs too, right? :laugh: ;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 04:36:20 PM »
they were poking fun last year in the playoffs too, right? :laugh: ;D
they wont make them this year lol

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »

the rule is 2

travel

Plain & Simple, I've always thought Lebron seemed like a cool guy but his denial was pathetic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:48:53 PM by 360 »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »

the rule is 2

travel

Plain & Simple, I've always thought Lebron seemed like a cool guy but his denial was pathetic.

eh hes just pissed he lost the game, and to the crappy wizzards of all teams