Author Topic: Miles Waived by Memphis  (Read 198 times)

tempo2

Miles Waived by Memphis
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »
dissapointed in this, the guy just cant get a break. there must be some team that would stick with him for a couple of months??

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Miles Waived by Memphis
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:54:32 AM »
lol, if he doesn't play in at least 10 games this season, portland's capspace is cleared of his contract, which means they get 9 million extra dollars to spend next year. that'd be horrible news for the western conference.

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
^^ yeah too rite, do you think anybdy would notice if the lakers signed him and played him 1 minute per game to avoid that happening?

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »
^^ yeah too rite, do you think anybdy would notice if the lakers signed him and played him 1 minute per game to avoid that happening?

lol, that would be hilarious, but the funny thing is, I think some teams actually ARE thinking of doing that. Most likely the teams from the Northwest Division.

Right now I think everyone in the Western Conference has the "let somebody else deal with it" attitude and is just gonna chill for the time being, but if theres only 10 games left of the season and nobody has signed Darius yet, I'm thinking SOMEBODY is gonna make a move.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
I'm not surprised in the slightest. Y'all silly optimists are killing me. Dude is garbage and will never play a real NBA game in his life again.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Oh we all know he's garbage. I'm not quite sure why Celtics signed him (prolly cuz their bench sucks), and while I could see a garbage team like Memphis seeing something special in Miles, I think it's pretty clear from this point on that if any good team signs him, it will prolly be just be to fuck over Portland's capspace.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
LMAO

I hope he does sign with someone and plays 10 games so Portland can't add any more weapons.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
How does anybody know if he's garbage? he got 2 blocks in 7 minutes in his last game...he could be good for defensive purposes off the bench on a veteran team making a playoff push (Denver, Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, etc.)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:37 AM »
Until now, Portland Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard had a secret it appears most of the NBA hadn’t taken the time to discover for itself: Darius Miles is on the brink of blowing up the Blazers’ salary-cap space. Most of the NBA believed Miles still was eight regular-season games away from devastating the Blazers’ salary cap, but Yahoo! Sports learned on Wednesday that Miles is just two games away. Yahoo! Sports

The league office confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that the six preseason games that Miles played for the Boston Celtics counts toward the 10. Before the Memphis Grizzlies waived him on Tuesday night to avoid guaranteeing his contract for the rest of the season, Miles played two regular-season games that pushed him to eight total. Any team in the NBA simply can sign Miles to a 10-day contract, play him twice and punch out one of the summer’s top free-agent destinations. The Blazers are a prime destination for free agents, and the cap space also made them a fierce competitor for sign-and-trade deals. If Miles returns to the salary cap, he also will push Portland into the luxury tax. That means every team under the tax would benefit with about $250,000 of revenue sharing from Portland.

:D

Lakers should sign him for 2 games.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:08:16 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
^I actually wouldnt mind signing him to a 10-day contract...Luke is injured. who knows, he's nice on defense.