Author Topic: Wrong with rap ?  (Read 160 times)

BLOCHEAD

• Lil Geezy
Wrong with rap ?
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:37:40 AM »
I GOT A FEW THINGS THAT BUGG ME ABOUT RAP TODAY.
I don't think I'm the only 1

1. ALMOST NO ARTIST CARES TO HAVE SUBSTANCE... THE LAST SONGS WIT SUBSTANCE I FELT AT ALL WAS CROOKED'S "APHELIA PAYNE"  AND THE SONG GAME DID ABOUT HIS BROTHER on devils advocate. 

2. FANS AINT REAL FANS:
WE ALL WANT ALL OUR FAVORITE ARTISTS TO DROP ALBUMS AND WHEN THEY DO, WE WANT IT FOR FREE.   5O CENT SOLD 11 MILL NOT TOO LONG AGO....

N CANT DO IT AGAIN TO SAVE HIS LIFE TODAY.... SO WHY WOULD A LABLE PUT MILLIONS INTO a NEW ARTIST N RISK NOT EVEN BRAKEING EVEN JUST KUZ DUDE CAN REALLYY REALLY SPIT.

3. ARTISTS AINT ARTISTS:
ALOTTA DEEZ RAPPERS ARE CONFUSED, PUT THE MIC DOWN N SPEND THAT BEAT MONEY ON  BUYING ALBUMS. I SAY THIS BECAUSE TOO MANY NIGGAZ WOULD RATHER PLAY IT SAFE AND FALLOW THE LEADER, BY DOING WHATEVERS POPPIN AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE THEY're BIGGER FANS THEN THEY ARE ARTIST AND WANT TO MIMICK REAL ARTIST DAT TRY DIFFERENT SHIT. OR THEY JEALOUSE AND WANT THEY SUCCESS MORE DEN THEY WANNA BE INOVATIVE

4. RADIO SUCKS!!!..

5. WACK ASS CONCEPTS.

6.ARTISTS SIGNIN ARTISTS:
FOR MANY REASONS.   

7. MONEY:
SEEM LIKE SOON AS A NIGGA EAT THEY TOO LAZY TO THINK BOUT WHAT THEY SAYIN N HOW THEY SAY IT.

8 FEATURES:
I FEEL LIKE NIGGAS SHOULD DO RAP FEATURES ON MIXTAPES. N ALBUM SHOULD BE YOUR ALBUM.
NOT YOU FT SO N SO ON SO N SO MR BIG NAMES BEAT...

am I da only one dat feels like dat?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:02:02 AM by Jome »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH RAP NOWDAYS?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 03:55:04 AM »
of course not, I hear ya. 
Especially radio sucking.  If I had a slot, i'll play WTF I want & these fools couldn't pay me enuff 2 play the crap rap & crap music songs NOT EVEN ONCE.  Good songs only.  If it don't deserve 2 see the light of day it won't.

They do what's poppin at the moment cause they know they'll get radio play.  Same thing with the videos early this decade on UNCUT.
And society ALWAYS HATE WHAT'S DIFFERENT & SOMETIMES COOL. >:(

And Fred Knuxx spoke the truth about lots of artists, not just rap on Buzz is Loud where he said artists tryna make only singles instead of classics.  I feel you should make every song as great as possible.  Don't be lazy.  But some record labels like it like that.  They only care about the 1 hit song & not care if the rest of the album sucks.

If the album is great, i'd buy it & support the artist.  Of course I wanna hear the album 1st so I won't feel that I wasted my hard earned cash.  But sometimes you gotta decide, is it a just for the moment cd or something you won't listen to weeks, months, or years down the road.  I'd buy some mixtapes if I knew where one is at.  The only mixtape place I knew closed down :(

And they overdo it on the cussing, & using nigga too much.  There are certain clean words that sound good to use instead.  As long as its not the ones that are weak.
That's all I can think of now.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
blah blah blah
what you doing to change the game?

rap critic

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »
thats why im the rap critic none of you guys made good points man.
lets take it back to 96 (pac came out with california love, nothing but a gangsta party, its all about u) it sold 10 million records now mind you pac was always a talented artist.but on all eyez on me he really stepped his rap game up.
then with makaveli (he had toss it up. to live in die in l.a. hail mary)
now 3 more great singles and you see when they dropped the 2 pac outlawz cd they only came with one single baby dont cy
makaveli sells about 7 million
all eyez on me sells 10 million
2 pac outlawz sell about 3 million

now years later all the top artist in the game want to make money
so you see how other niggaz are getting money with the radio hits the lil jon features now a days its the tpain and akon features
cause thats what the white people wanna hear and they buy the shit.

at the end of the day you have rappers who put they heart and soul into they albums like a planet asia.mitchy slick.the jacka from the bay.crooked i.  artist who dont seem to be concerned about making millions so they re like fuck it..im a drop shit cause im tight..

but then you get these new artist who wanna make money 
g malone doing records with akon and lil waye
jay rock single is lil wayne feature

so now you got these niggaz who want to follow the trend and make money do shows worldwide and be a big market and household name like a game or 50 cent snoop dogg

rap will never be the same the way it used to be
you dont get your redman albums and method man albums with the funny skits in between the songs
niggaz dont even do that anymore.

everybody wanna dj clue ant banks type of album or how mack 10 did the recipe
album with a million features.most of the time the artist you have featured on the album rips the artist.

at the end of the day it is all about money and securing your future..doing rap shows..whatever it takes to get paid..

BLOCHEAD

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
mr rap critic.

crooked did do a song wit akon.
and I thing they shoulda did a video for dat n hella pushed it harder.......

2.glasses is signed to cash money.. n ..why wouldn't he wanna do a song witta nigga dat sold a million in a week. ...  same wit jay rock.

lables force niggas to get a fan base quick or like diddy said
"your dream is in jeapordy"

I could say more but it all comes down to lables not really pushin...

n in a group situation u get shared points of the album and u end up deductin whatever u use..including video cost. there fore more videos...less per artist