Author Topic: West Coast Aftershock interviews Meech Wells and Petey Pablo  (Read 190 times)

lilhalfdre

• Lil Geezy
West Coast Aftershock interviews Meech Wells and Petey Pablo
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
http://westcoastaftershock.com/wca/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=66

WCA caught up with West Coast pioneer producer Meech Wells to discuss his history and latest projects.

WCA: Thanks for taking the time out to speak with WCA. For the minority who don’t know, where are you from, and where were you raised?

Meech Wells: Im from Los Angeles CA and I was raised in Los Angeles basically lived on the east coast in New Jersey for a few years when I was in junior high!

WCA: You have produced some huge records, who all have you worked with?

Meech Wells: Snoop, Nas, Eastsidaz, Teddy Pendergrass, Shaq, George Benson, George Clinton, Too Short, Y, too name a few.

WCA: From 98-03, you and Snoop Dogg created a distinctive "west coast" sound, that helped bring the west back. What’s your current relationship like with Snoop?

Meech Wells: Well ive been just developing acts and doin mixtapes and projects that promote me and a producer DJ Slash new west mogul, oneday me and snoop will rekindle the flame becuz i have 2 be in the equation if anything is gonna happen on the west again!

WCA: Can you tell us about the mixtape series, "the new world order"? And when can we expect vol. 4?

Meech Wells: Well I dropped these series to show who really started the new west trend the new west slogan was necessary on the west becuz of all the hollywood shit the streets get when they try 2 approach the icons that can do somthin besides Dre he is still given opportunities and they rest are trying but the people their pushing is from a small circle. NWWO 4 is coming Feb.

WCA: Are you still writing a book on your mother Mary Wells’ life? How's that going?

Meech Wells: Yes I am just working on the outline gonna put way more work in on that in the upcoming months.

WCA: We heard your working with long-lost r&b singer Mark Morrison ("Return of the Mack"), congratulations on finding him, having an influential west coast producer working with such a commercial act, is a great look for the west coast. Can you tell us about that?

Meech Wells: Yes Mark is a legend too and will make a impact again, the remix I’m doin called Innocent Man feat DMX is dope, and DMX is a dope slept on icon that I think is gonna be back with some heat, but im lacing that joint, actually I met a guy on the net that has been a fan of mine that hooked me up with Marks label! was strange and I know the lord is working.

WCA: What do you think of the current state of west coast rap?

Meech Wells: West coast rap is the new west and that’s what I think other than rapper The Game aint nobody besides a chosen few the new guys thats repping the new west, but the west coast is back with this trend we kicking off and im here for the streets so u will get always new and hungry talent.

WCA: Thanks again Meech, do you have any final words?

Meech Wells: Final words godbless all my haters and supporters we are comin and that wont stop new west niggga!

For More Information On Meech Wells Visit Www.Myspace.Com/Tharealmeechwells.

Interview by Kevin Blair.

Be sure to check it out and leave some feedback!  8)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 03:35:46 PM by Rud »

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Re: West Coast Aftershock interviews Meech Wells and Petey Pablo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
i will wait for the text version but good looking.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:48:31 AM »
props for the wells interview.

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 12:46:20 PM »
thanks kilo.

whats wrong with thavaults.com? the site is all fucked up and empty, noone posts there than me,top dogg,kuruption and above the law. ???