Author Topic: "Lebron is MVP"- Kobe Bryant  (Read 1410 times)

teecee

"Lebron is MVP"- Kobe Bryant
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »
"Kobe Bryant says LeBron James is the MVP . . . at this point"

By Mike Bresnahan
January 19, 2009
Kobe Bryant won his first most-valuable-player award last season, but will LeBron James prevent a repeat performance?

The Cleveland Cavaliers forward has the better statistics and a comparable team record at this point. He also has an important vote -- sort of.

Bryant seemed mildly uncomfortable when asked for his MVP choice near the season's halfway point.

"LeBron," he said. "Leave me alone about that stuff."

He then expanded upon his thoughts.

"I'm a big fan of his, obviously," he said. "I just think the world of him. Playing with him this summer [at the Beijing Olympics], and seeing his work ethic and what he's about, I just think he's terrific."

TNT, which will broadcast tonight's game between the Lakers (31-8) and Cavaliers (31-7), began debating last week which MVP candidate was having the better season.

Former NBA player Kenny Smith said Bryant was the "kind of assassin you want."

"The best player in the league is Kobe Bryant because at the end of the game, he has the track record and every time he delivers," Smith said. "Forget the playoffs, if you just watch [the Lakers] play last week, you'd say, 'This guy knows how to deliver in the last 30 seconds of a game.' "

Former NBA coach Mike Fratello, however, said Bryant had been surpassed by James.

"You know the car that is always trailing the other car and eventually catches it and goes past it? LeBron James just moved ahead," Fratello said. "This is a different version of LeBron James. The Olympic experience has made a different player out of LeBron James."

Bryant, in his 13th season, is averaging 25.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game. James, in his sixth season, is averaging 27.8 points, 6.1 rebounds and 6.7 assists.

Another consideration might be defense.

Bryant, 30, is averaging 1.3 steals and 0.4 blocked shots. James, 24, is averaging two steals and 1.3 blocked shots.

"Defensively, he's obviously made some improvements in terms of protecting the lane, getting steals, getting out in passing lanes, getting balls back for his team," Bryant said.

Despite their status as two of the NBA's top players, Bryant and James have never been considered friends. Their experience at the Olympics changed that, Bryant said.

"We had a chance to hit it off pretty well," Bryant said. "Normally, it's always me and LeBron, but we're always surrounded by a bunch of people. In the Olympics, we had a chance to interact, just he and I with nobody else around. It was really good for us, just to get to know each other."

Well, if Kobe thinks it, it MUST be true, right?  Just like when Phil said Kobe was better than Jordan.......

OG Hack Wilson

Re: "Lebron is MVP"- Kobe Bryant
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
lebron > kobe

never been any clearer

look at how inferrior his team is to the Lakers and it's only more impressive
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

teecee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
lebron > kobe

never been any clearer

look at how inferrior his team is to the Lakers and it's only more impressive

I think its close, but LBJ has been better this year.  Hist team is NOWHERE NEAR the Lakers in terms of talent, but he ihas become a true leader and defensive stopper.  Somehow, his game has got more complete, and he still has room to grow. 

IF the Cavs win tonight without two or three starters................that will be some crazy shit right there

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 10:32:59 AM »
LeBron is so amazing, I'm proud of being able to tell my kids that I've seen him play.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
agreed he is mvp
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
Yeah, 'Bron is the MVP... at this point. No doubt.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »
the question is.....will NIK disagree with his beloved Kobe?  :-\
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

westsiderider323

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
Yeah, 'Bron is the MVP... at this point. No doubt.

teecee

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »

You and I both know that the above will NEVER happen!  Kobe is god, so in this case he is merely doing one of the following:

a) being the humble and selfless person he always is
OR
b) playing mental games with Lebron like the Zen-master would do

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »

You and I both know that the above will NEVER happen!  Kobe is god, so in this case he is merely doing one of the following:

OR

lol@ being humble and selfless.....
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

teecee

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »

OR

just paraphrasing what I am sure NIK will post later on :D

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 03:02:57 PM »

OR

it doesnt matter what he says though; his opinon wont change Kobe's or the people who vote for MVP.

his response might be funny; but lets not let this thread to go 10 pages lol.

BUT; he is going to say that Kobe just doesnt wanna seem so cocky or whatever. :P

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 03:04:50 PM »

OR

it doesnt matter what he says though; his opinon wont change Kobe's or the people who vote for MVP.

his response might be funny; but lets not let this thread to go 10 pages lol.

BUT; he is going to say that Kobe just doesnt wanna seem so cocky or whatever. :P

true, Kobe has definetely made it a point in his career to not appear cocky... :-X

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
my top 5 mvps:

Lebron
Howard
Billups
Duncan
Pierce
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens