Author Topic: Jay rock the best thing since pac?  (Read 1485 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Jay rock the best thing since pac?
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2009, 01:56:15 PM »
I mean to each their own but you sound like you enjoy style over substance.that's fine I just like my music to have substance to it.I enjoy music that moves me

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »
Fair enough.I mean your top 10 is alright and ill give you props for crooked I.but in all seriousness what do you base your top 10 on?I mean almost everyone on your list bites 2pacs lyrics and style in some way or another.canibus is dope for straight bars but he has no song writing ability what so ever and his albums are usually piss poor.anyone who has notorious big in their list is just caught up in the hype.sure he had some clever lyrics but he had no meaning behind any of it.he had two albums.and the second one was a big drop off from the first he was becoming a pop artist.and jay z?your kidding me?he is the definition of a pop artist.all style no substance.he makes pop records for Teent boppers.he takes pacs me and my gf and re makes it into a straight bubble gum bullshit.not to mention he helped usher in the jiggy era of rap which is why mainstream hip hop is where it is now.I don't know man I just find it funny that most of your list is Influenced by pac,bites his lyrics and re makes his songs.pac had songs for whatever mood you are in.he's the most emulated and bit artist of all time.not to mention the top selling hip hop artist of all time.if you said bar for bar lyrically nah he aint the best.but he substance and purpose.I mean if you want bar for bar thiers a lot of rappers better then big.none of the rappers you list besides nas show any depth.sure their clever but hearing about money drugs and women over and over is tiresome.shit I bet if you asked all living members of your list who their top 5 is pac would be in every one of them.2pac was a once in a lifetime artist.how many people rap about the same tired bullshit as the artist on your list?what because they can say Ill kill you in a more clever way that makes them the best?

another mans opinion does not mean shit to me in all honesty I love Joe Budden he recently said Pac was goat it means jacc shit to me Biggie was better story teller than Pac,had ten times better delivery,five times better cadence,he was melodic,and dope more so than Snoop on the Chronic or any other rapper in history it is not hype it was that he delivered add that Life After Death>All Eyes On Me and Ready To Die>Me Against The World (which was Pac's album) you my friend are caught up in Pac's hype

Tupac could never go bar for bar with Canibus do not even play that role poet lauerate 2>any single song in Pac's catalogue

Jay-Z:Where I'm From,You Must Love Me,Can I Live,Rap Game/Crack Game,Soon You'll Understand,All I Need,Song Cry, none of that shit is teeny bopper anything,and I could name more songs add that he had a better flow than Pac,and is 100X better with words for the record Reasonable DOubt> Any Tupac Record

shit Budden is better than Pac there 15 rappers better than Pac just my opinion if they all have Pac in their top five that is coo that is their opinion but I could state anyone I choose over Pac for good reasons lol @ me knowing you would site influence over talent,and ability

Jaydc555

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2009, 02:04:53 PM »
If pac isn't all that then why do all your favorites bite him?you enjoy shallow music with nothing behind it.enough said.I mean the fact you put canibus in you top ten is pretty telling

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
If pac isn't all that then why do all your favorites bite him?you enjoy shallow music with nothing behind it.enough said.I mean the fact you put canibus in you top ten is pretty telling
you worship a back up dancer turned super thug who never retaliated against those who shot him

Jaydc555

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2009, 02:07:51 PM »
And is influence is just a part of the legacy you can't ignore it.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
And is influence is just a part of the legacy you can't ignore it.

I do not outside of Rakim no one has influenced shit like Pac period do not get me twisted I love Pac's music All Eyes On Me is a top ten Album,and Seven Day Theory is my shit but it comes down to who you like that is why GOAT will never exist but Royce said it best when he said

"you should never put the legends in order"

Jaydc555

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »
Like I said its each mans opinion.you have yours that's fine nothing wrong with a little argueing now and then.I mean at least we had a civilized discussion and it didn't fall apart into pointless beaking.makes me respect you at least.In the end an opinion is an opinion and nobody is right or wrong.but your still an idiot...ha ha I'm just bugging ya ha ha

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
What's you top ten?

Jaydc555

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »
In no ordee,2pac,chuck d,pharoah monch(as a solo artist and in organized konfusion),black thought,rakim,krs one,kool g rap,big daddy kane,nas, and scarface....I'd put people like crooked I on my list but he doesn't have albums to back up his art yet

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:41 PM »
I dig both of your lists because I bump and recognize the varying degrees of skills and influences of the artists.   

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »
In no ordee,2pac,chuck d,pharoah monch(as a solo artist and in organized konfusion),black thought,rakim,krs one,kool g rap,big daddy kane,nas, and scarface....I'd put people like crooked I on my list but he doesn't have albums to back up his art yet

I liek your list Chuck D for what he has done does not get the respect he deserves,Black Thought is dope too so is Monch but if you asked them all about Canibus they would also tell you dude is not one to be fucced with Nas was scared to get on Desperados,Kool G Rap loves Canibus,Bis killed Monch but yeah more depth than just you lovin Pac you got some nice taste

but he still was not one of the all time great actors he was better than some but the dudes I listed come on

thebayinthebildin

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »
yea jay rock is dope he aint no fuckin pac tho?

im sayin his dude ab-soul is fucking amazing tho. this fool has the dirtiest flow/concepts/lyrics ive heard in a while.

if u havent already go grab that ab-soul tape. he reminds me of a jay-z flow on steroids.

and k.dot is fuckin nasty too. his freestyle on 3 peat was amazing how he counted down from 25 to 1.
im sayin to whole top dawg click is fuckin dope they put out some of the best shit out.

Jaydc555

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »
Alright Ill admit that I meant to write talented and not greatest.I just ran with it because well why not its a forum lol.I do agree canibus is dope.2nd round knock out is in my top 5 diss songs of all time he slaughtered ll.I felt lls diss was weak.and I remember that time when everybody was scared to get on a track with bis for fear of being putshined.that track him and pharoah did together was lyrical homicide

Jaydc555

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 03:03:51 PM »
Snd maybe I get flack for this because he's not technically hip hop but zach de la rocha is in my 20 and shits on most rappers

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »
yea jay rock is dope he aint no fuckin pac tho?

im sayin his dude ab-soul is fucking amazing tho. this fool has the dirtiest flow/concepts/lyrics ive heard in a while.

if u havent already go grab that ab-soul tape. he reminds me of a jay-z flow on steroids.

and k.dot is fuckin nasty too. his freestyle on 3 peat was amazing how he counted down from 25 to 1.
im sayin to whole top dawg click is fuckin dope they put out some of the best shit out.

yeah Herb has always been dope though like I said before outside of myself he has the best word play from what I have heard in California,and since I aint put nothing out there I will not take that from that man Long Term is amazing shit you can ask him about Bis too shit ask Bishop Lamont about Canibus I know for a fact they listen to dude