Author Topic: After hearing 2 tracks from blaqkout...  (Read 588 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: After hearing 2 tracks from blaqkout...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »
LOL @ people that are disappointed after hearing two radio rips in shitty quality.
When did Quik disappoint us with an album? NEVER!
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Officially it never dropped

~Lucien~

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
LOL @ people that are disappointed after hearing two radio rips in shitty quality.
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Thank you

Rick McCrank

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 11:56:12 AM »
"What You Really Wanna Do" is kinda stupid but I actually liked it

reminds me of Quik doing a Mac Dre impression or something....

"Hey Playa" sounds dope, quality is bad so I can barely make it out though

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Thank you

That's bullshit. Just because it wasn't officialy released doesn't make the tracks just dissapear. Fact is these track were made by Quik and indented for an album untill they got dropped from Interscope (not sure about that). That's like saying you don't consider King T's album, Knoc-Turnal', Power Of The Dollar as their body of work.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
Make sure that you don't lick Quiks nuts after the CDQ version gets released. That was the thing with that Em, Fiddy, Dre -track.  :laugh:

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Thank you

That's bullshit. Just because it wasn't officialy released doesn't make the tracks just dissapear. Fact is these track were made by Quik and indented for an album untill they got dropped from Interscope (not sure about that). That's like saying you don't consider King T's album, Knoc-Turnal', Power Of The Dollar as their body of work.

Fixxers album was never really completed - not mixed or mastered. Not that it would've turned it into a classic album, but that's because of the genre of music they set out to make.

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »
agree with u. I STILL bump that Knoc album  ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

~Lucien~

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Thank you

You are full of shit. That Fixxers album never came out. Period. I was talking about Quik's discography. Not a fucking internet bootleg. You know I am right. I am talking about actual retail albums! Quik never disappointed us.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
Sound this will be west coast only project. it has no buzz nowhere else. I like both dudes. Quik is an incredible rpoducer

Dopeisjay

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »
Not all the track's were made by Quik, 75%- 80% of it was prod. by AMG..
Quik used the fixxers project to get AMG some exposure on the production tip,
From what you guy's heard on the Fixxers project, Quik had produced these track's on the midnight life bootleg..
So Good
Off shore Flow
Smoke 2 much
worlwide AM
and The Middle (this Track was a realy unfinished track, the version that was finished had a nice vibe with beautiful synth's)
But AMG had a different view on the album, he wanted a more mainstream type album that was gonna fit in what was hott..
on the other hand Quik had other view's, he wanted a party record that had great music, at the same time expieramenting with different style's
but what winded up happening, the two different idea's ended up clashing and Quik went on to work with Snoop dogg on his project..
and through those time's with amg, you could see the frustration with Quik, he just didnt like the direction the album was taking..
so he decided to scrap the album and move on to project's that were in his musical direction..
Hudson baxter (Quik's manager) then was upset, due to the fact that quik just gave up on the project..
so he got the track's unfinished and everything and leaked it..
now i had known about this since late october of 07', that the midnight life was gonna be released in december, but i didnt think it was actualy gonna happen..
but when it did there wasnt any surprise..
but to say that this goes under quik releasing this..
it wasnt his decision, it was a leak.. that was beyond his control..
Remember Quik scrapped the midnight life album because it didnt fit what he wanted! and that was real music...
and what did he wind up doing after he scrapped the fixxer project.. "PRESS PLAY" on snoop dogg's ego trippin album..
and i know many of yall believe that was a great song.. instruments and everything.. it's A BIG sounding record!  
He is the greatest...

Fixxers ?

Thank you

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:40:19 PM by THa>_QUiKeST_<oNE »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 02:01:34 PM »
Alright, thanks for some background info. Makes it more reasonable but still doesn't change the fact that at one point Quik was ok with these tracks. And if he wasn't it means he doesn't have the balls to say something is wack to AMG, which is also fruity.

Anways, enough with the Fixxers shit. That is in the past, thank God for that, I really do hope that Blackout is a quality hio-hop album from top to bottom. This and Slaugherhouse are my most anticipated albums of 09. Somebody just tell Quik to leave What You Wanna Do Off The Album.

Avalanche

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 02:19:20 PM »
hey playa sounds pretty good to me.

G-Funk

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
This and Slaugherhouse are my most anticipated albums of 09. Somebody just tell Quik to leave What You Wanna Do Off The Album.

yeah, until we hear What U Wanna Do in decent quality.. and if it's still just as wack.. Someone hit Quik up on his myspace & tell him to cut that track out. :D