Author Topic: Ballerstatus: Slaughterhouse to perform in Cali for first time @ Murs' Paid Dues  (Read 94 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2009/02/6275/

Guerilla Union, the organizers behind Murs' Paid Dues Hip-Hop Festival, leaked news of their latest addition to the upcoming PD line-up -- none other than four-man supergroup, Slaughterhouse.

Paid Dues concertgoers will be the first on the West Coast to see the group -- consisting of Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, and Crooked I -- perform.

"We're honored to be joining this year's Paid Dues Festival and look forward to giving the fans a great show," Royce said. "Joe, Crooked, Joell and myself are very excited to bring Slaughterhouse to such a prestigious event and we look forward to becoming a part of hip-hop history."

"We're all equally excited about this opportunity and we're going to tear that stage down. It's our first west coast performance, so needless to say we value the chance ... and we're going to perform as such," adds Joe Budden.

The four-man rap collective recently released a track titled "Onslaught," which has received a lot of hype over internet blogs and discussion boards. Building on the excitement and overwhelming response, the idea of forming a group and producing an album was born. In late January, Slaughterhouse held their first live performance in front of a sold-out crowd at S.O.B.'s in NY.

Since forming, they've received love all over the internet, including a feature on XXLmag.com, who has tabbed the group as the "The Fantastic Four of Rap."

With the group on board, the festival's founder Murs shares his excitement.

"Now the world is in trouble! I feel that with the addition of Slaughterhouse to the Paid Dues line-up, we have the greatest hip-hop show of the year and quite possibly our best line up since year one," said Murs. "Definitely the most exciting!

"They are real MCs, lyricists who refuse to 'dumb it down' in order to gain the favor of the mainstream," Murs continued. "...That's why we had to reach out and grab them for Paid Dues even though it was last minute and it put us over budget. We said, 'screw it!' In these difficult financial times I feel that our fans deserve the best show/party possible."

In addition to Slaughterhouse, the Paid Dues line-up includes headliners Atmosphere and Tech N9ne, with supporting acts consisting of Living Legends, Brother Ali, Cage, LMNO, and Eyedea & Abilities, among others. While the Visionaries' 2Mex has been tapped to host.

It is an all-ages show. Tickets are available now for $40 and limited VIP tickets for $100, which includes a festival backpack, t-shirt, artist meet & greet and much more. Tickets are available at TicketMaster.com.