Author Topic: Do you think Amare Stoudemire will end upon the Lakers?  (Read 1341 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Do you think Amare Stoudemire will end upon the Lakers?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »
i mean his presence alone would automatically bring a ring to LA.

Wow. Sorry but that is not how it works. LeBron or Dwight Howard's presence would automatically bring a ring to LA. Amare is not in that league and probably never will be. If a true superstar like Dwight or CP3 was put on the trading block, we would hear about a gazillion teams throwing trade offers by now. So far, the only trade offer we heard was SUNS asking Miami if they wanted Amare. And Miami rejected it lol. There's a reason these teams don't want him.

And by "Bynum's replacement," I hope you mean Powell or Mihm or something, because Odom is like the furthest thing from Bynum's replacement. If you did mean Odom, you need to actually watch more Laker games before commenting on their team.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
^i didnt mean anyone in particular; just whoever started in his place.

Amare is better than anyone you could start for him, so your not making much sense lol.

if you really believe that with whoever is starting at PF now (name anyone you want lol) is better than Amare your just nuts.

he is better offensivly than Bynum and Gasol lmao.

his defense (which ill say again is average; but i know Laker fans try to point out small things to attempt to prove a point) would be enough coming with his EXPLOSIVE offense to win a ring EASILY for LA.

westsiderider323

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
That would be crazy..but no I don't see it happening.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »
Have you all seen Lamar Odom playing yesterday? He was been the "Man of the match", plus it looks like he has something to prove to KG & Co.
Trading him now, in the middle of the season, would be CRIMINAL.

yeah, but Odom is about as consistent as a calligrapher with Parkinsons

He is. But he grabs more rebounds per 48 minutes than Amare (11.2 vs 10.5), he still averages 10 points per game in 27 minutes (that means 17 points per 48 minutes) which is pretty nice, he can play SF and point forward if necessary AND, the most important thing, he can defend on Kevin Garnett and show him how a bitch he is by spitting it on his face. Find me a better replacement and i'll agree to trade him. But Amare can't do shit against Kevin. And we already have the best offensive team of the NBA by far, so a scorer is not what we need. Odom can make 20 points in basically 2 quarters against Kevin too. He just did it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:49:17 PM by Antonio »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
^i didnt mean anyone in particular; just whoever started in his place.

Amare is better than anyone you could start for him, so your not making much sense lol.

if you really believe that with whoever is starting at PF now (name anyone you want lol) is better than Amare your just nuts.

he is better offensivly than Bynum and Gasol lmao.

his defense (which ill say again is average; but i know Laker fans try to point out small things to attempt to prove a point) would be enough coming with his EXPLOSIVE offense to win a ring EASILY for LA.

I don't think you get it man. I'm not saying anyone in particular is better than Amare. As a matter of fact, Amare has higher player value than probably ANY of the Lakers not named Kobe. But it's not about individuals, it's about the fact that we already have a set team. We already have a set system. And we already have a set triangle offense that works perfectly with the current players we have.

If we were to blow our team up and start from scratch, then yeah I would want Amare. But there's a HUGE difference between that scenario and the scenario we're in now. There are very few big men who could initiate our offense. It just so happens that we're lucky enough to have two of them in Odom and Gasol (KG and Marcus Camby would be some other ones). Giving them away would be absolutely retarded, and while there are certain players who you could make exceptions for, like Dwight Howard, LeBron, Tim Duncan, etc., Amare is not even close to being in that same class.

Again, it's not about individual player value, it's about how well their game would mesh with the team. Allen Iverson is sicker than D-Fish. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I'd ever want to give up a core player to get him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »
^i get that, but Amare is better offensivly.

he would fit, he can knock down the mid range shot 10 times better than Bynum & can score in close (not by a little flip shot), by slamming one down up against anyone.

he could be the answer, but our argument is actually pretty dumb lol.

i mean, this isnt going to happen anyway. :P

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

he would fit, he can knock down the mid range shot 10 times better than Bynum & can score in close (not by a little flip shot), by slamming one down up against anyone.

Amare is a more prominent offensive force than Bynum, yes. But the fact is there's a lot of things that Bynum does that Amare doesn't. I'll just throw out one of many simple examples: being a massive 7 footer 285 lb body who can clog up the lanes.

If Phoenix was willing to do a Mihm + Sun Yue + Walton deal or something, then hell yeah I'd take it. But the bottomline is that if we lost any of our CORE players, Amare's game simply wouldn't fill those roles. While you can argue that Amare's scoring can more than make up for that (and I'm assuming that's what your argument is), when it's all said and done, it just isn't worth the risk to find out, not for a player like Amare.

You're right about one thing though. This does have no chance of ever happening lol.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
I dont think LA has any pieces they would be willing to give up for him that PHX would accept.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »

Amare is a more prominent offensive force than Bynum, yes. But the fact is there's a lot of things that Bynum does that Amare doesn't. I'll just throw out one of many simple examples: being a massive 7 footer 285 lb body who can clog up the lanes.

If Phoenix was willing to do a Mihm + Sun Yue + Walton deal or something, then hell yeah I'd take it. But the bottomline is that if we lost any of our CORE players, Amare's game simply wouldn't fill those roles. While you can argue that Amare's scoring can more than make up for that (and I'm assuming that's what your argument is), when it's all said and done, it just isn't worth the risk to find out, not for a player like Amare.

You're right about one thing though. This does have no chance of ever happening lol.

if the Suns trade Amare for Mihm, Sun Yue, Walton then there definetely aiming for the bottom of the West.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 03:06:04 PM »
I dont think LA has any pieces they would be willing to give up for him that PHX would accept.

exactly, and they couldnt very well entice Phoenix with draft picks cus the Lakers wont have a very good pick in the draft. Either way, Amare wont be a Laker...and probably has a far better chance of ending up in the East if he IS traded.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »

if the Suns trade Amare for Mihm, Sun Yue, Walton then there definetely aiming for the bottom of the West.

BUT SUN YUE IS THE CHINESE MAGIC JOHNSON!!!!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »

exactly, and they couldnt very well entice Phoenix with draft picks cus the Lakers wont have a very good pick in the draft. Either way, Amare wont be a Laker...and probably has a far better chance of ending up in the East if he IS traded.

Actually I've been hearing Amare to Portland for Aldridge and Lafrentz' exipiring contract...doubt it happens but its being reported here:
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1307

Rick McCrank

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
Why would they do something stupid like that? We need defense....

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
^West Coast?

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »
lol, not a chance..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com