Author Topic: Do you think Amare Stoudemire will end upon the Lakers?  (Read 1329 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Do you think Amare Stoudemire will end upon the Lakers?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »
Chicago looks like a possible place.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
Lakers need D and toughness down in the post. We need a healthy Bynum. Gasol's skill and basketball IQ and Bynum's hustle and toughness to match Perkins is the key to winning the title. Amare is not in that mold. He can play 3 I guess, but honestly that's not his position and on the Lakers his a bench player to who comes in the game to make some nice dunks, get the crowd energized change the pace. His too over paid to be that, and I think he wouldn't like that at all. Amare would be much happier in a place like Chicago or hell, New York should give him a look, Portland would be ideal for him. Amare would be nice if we were starting Chris Mihms or Kwame Brown, then I'd say pull the trigger. But if we are getting Bynum back by playoffs, then lets ride this season out as is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 03:49:49 PM »
^i didnt mean anyone in particular; just whoever started in his place.

Amare is better than anyone you could start for him, so your not making much sense lol.

if you really believe that with whoever is starting at PF now (name anyone you want lol) is better than Amare your just nuts.

he is better offensivly than Bynum and Gasol lmao.

his defense (which ill say again is average; but i know Laker fans try to point out small things to attempt to prove a point) would be enough coming with his EXPLOSIVE offense to win a ring EASILY for LA.

Amare is offensively better than Pau and Bynum? LMAO! Have you even seen this guy catch the ball in the post?

I really hope we never have to see Amare in a Laker jersey. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »
I dont think LA has any pieces they would be willing to give up for him that PHX would accept.

exactly, and they couldnt very well entice Phoenix with draft picks cus the Lakers wont have a very good pick in the draft. Either way, Amare wont be a Laker...and probably has a far better chance of ending up in the East if he IS traded.

Actually I've been hearing Amare to Portland for Aldridge and Lafrentz' exipiring contract...doubt it happens but its being reported here:
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1307

what would you think of that? I would hate that if I were a Portland fan.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
I dont think LA has any pieces they would be willing to give up for him that PHX would accept.

exactly, and they couldnt very well entice Phoenix with draft picks cus the Lakers wont have a very good pick in the draft. Either way, Amare wont be a Laker...and probably has a far better chance of ending up in the East if he IS traded.

Actually I've been hearing Amare to Portland for Aldridge and Lafrentz' exipiring contract...doubt it happens but its being reported here:
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1307

what would you think of that? I would hate that if I were a Portland fan.

I'd probably have a mixed reaction. I like the upgrade in talent at pf (at least on the offensive end), but he is not as complimentary to the starting unit as Aldridge and lately has a rep as a cancer and a prima donna so there could be issues with chemistry. I guess I wouldn't be mad about it, but I wouldn't be jumping out of my seat either.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »
^i didnt mean anyone in particular; just whoever started in his place.

Amare is better than anyone you could start for him, so your not making much sense lol.

if you really believe that with whoever is starting at PF now (name anyone you want lol) is better than Amare your just nuts.

he is better offensivly than Bynum and Gasol lmao.

his defense (which ill say again is average; but i know Laker fans try to point out small things to attempt to prove a point) would be enough coming with his EXPLOSIVE offense to win a ring EASILY for LA.

Amare is offensively better than Pau and Bynum? LMAO! Have you even seen this guy catch the ball in the post?

I really hope we never have to see Amare in a Laker jersey. :-X

i hope he shows up & watch your reaction change (thats a given lmao).

but yeah, maybe not "technically" which you think is the entire game. "good post game & moves".

the game of the basketball is getting the ball in the hoop & Amare power driving & slamming it over other big men is more efficient than either of the Laker big men using there "Hall of Fame caliber post game"; most big men for that matter.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 06:29:57 PM »
^Amare is a bench player on our team.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »

In favor of who? I think he would be the best big on the roster immediately, with or without Bynum. He could anchor a hell of a second unit though...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »

In favor of who? I think he would be the best big on the roster immediately, with or without Bynum. He could anchor a hell of a second unit though...

Huh?? Amare better than Gasol? LMAO. And no way would we use him at center over Bynum. Come on, now.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »

Huh?? Amare better than Gasol? LMAO. And no way would we use him at center over Bynum. Come on, now.

I absolutely think he's better than Gasol. You would too if they were traded for each other tomorrow. And while he may not be a better center than Bynum, I think he is definitely a better and more versatile big than Bynum.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 10:10:24 PM »

I absolutely think he's better than Gasol. You would too if they were traded for each other tomorrow. And while he may not be a better center than Bynum, I think he is definitely a better and more versatile big than Bynum.

thank you! 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »
LMAO@Amare better than Gasol :stupid:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »
^where is the comedy in that?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »
^where is the comedy in that?

it's okay...i don't expect you to see it.