Author Topic: Breaking News: Adam Morrison traded to the Lakers  (Read 1234 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Breaking News: Adam Morrison traded to the Lakers
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
Poor Vlad. I don't even know what to make of this trade.
*waits for NIK to come in and say this was an excellent trade.

Although from a $$$ point of view, it works out for the Lakers.

the more i think about it, the more it looks like an ok trade for LA. They shed their worst contract and get a prospect who could turn out to be a decent role player in the triangle. Why Charlotte pulled the trigger - I still can't figure out.

Our wost contract is Luke but I don't expect anyone to rid us of that burden. This trade is all about clearing up cap space so we can resign Ariza and Odom. I don't see Adam Morrison on the Lakers past next summer.

but you guys dont need capspace to resign any player who has been under contract for at least 3 years

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
Poor Vlad. I don't even know what to make of this trade.
*waits for NIK to come in and say this was an excellent trade.

Although from a $$$ point of view, it works out for the Lakers.

the more i think about it, the more it looks like an ok trade for LA. They shed their worst contract and get a prospect who could turn out to be a decent role player in the triangle. Why Charlotte pulled the trigger - I still can't figure out.

Our wost contract is Luke but I don't expect anyone to rid us of that burden. This trade is all about clearing up cap space so we can resign Ariza and Odom. I don't see Adam Morrison on the Lakers past next summer.

but you guys dont need capspace to resign any player who has been under contract for at least 3 years
Then maybe it was a money thing, not a cap space issue. If the Lakers resign Odom and Ariza they are looking at over $90 million total salary plus luxury tax. While Jerry Buss can afford it, it is still a lot of money to pay even when making a profit. And like you said, the Lakers get a player who could be a good role player on the team.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
Shaq is coming...  ;D ;D ;D

Rick McCrank

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
whatever, it's not like Radmanovic was doing a whole lot

he had potential to knock down 3's and step up on defense for a change but it didn't work it

he's pretty inconsistent and was a liability on defense in the Finals, and if this helps the Lakers financially then I'm cool with the trade

who knows, maybe Morrison will hit more shots than Vlad, limited playing time or not

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
Charlotte did this because they were struggling with Adam Morrison at the 3 spot and Larry Brown likes Radmanovic...Morrison is a former 3rd overall pick, so who knows - kid definitely has potential. The best thing about this trade is that we got rid of Radmanovic's contract. While I liked Radmanovic as a spot up shooter, his best basketball is behind him and he was being paid to use up valuable time on the bench.

Ted...suck a fatty. :-*

wcsoldier

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 03:46:34 PM »
the only purpose of this trade is the salary cap ... Morrison flat out sucks , can't play D ...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »
the only purpose of this trade is the salary cap ... Morrison flat out sucks , can't play D ...

true...but he will be playing limited minutes, if any. Shannon Brown is honestly the more intriguing prospect for this season.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 05:05:51 PM »
Charlotte did this because they were struggling with Adam Morrison at the 3 spot and Larry Brown likes Radmanovic...Morrison is a former 3rd overall pick, so who knows - kid definitely has potential. The best thing about this trade is that we got rid of Radmanovic's contract. While I liked Radmanovic as a spot up shooter, his best basketball is behind him and he was being paid to use up valuable time on the bench.

Ted...suck a fatty. :-*

not so much that Brown likes Radmanovic as it is that he doesnt like Morrison.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »
this was just straight up a bad trade, no way round it.

helped for the $$$, but Lakers did not do anything beneficial (player wise) here, at all.

but it helps in the long run, so i guess for the franchise its a good move.

just the players coming and going was bad. :-X

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »

helped for the $$$, but Lakers did not do anything beneficial (player wise) here, at all.

im not sure if was BAD necessarily. Just insignificant.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »
oh and NIk is right, Shannon Brown is more intriguing then the other two players involved in the trade.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »
Adam Morrison fucking sucks.  He played for Gonzaga in a completely shitty conference - the Zags were the only team that garnered any success in that conference, and he got insane love from the refs.  Dude is pure hype and is a crybaby bitch.  

And yeah Shaq has been lobbying a little to get back to LA before its all said and done...we'll see.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »

they only went down from where they were imo.

i mean unless Adam Morrison shows up.

but like Luna said Vlad>Adam.

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »

they only went down from where they were imo.

i mean unless Adam Morrison shows up.

but like Luna said Vlad>Adam.

They just wanted somebody on the team who wasnt a big man, but was as slow as Luke Walton. So they picked up Morrison lol

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 05:52:55 PM »

real talk