Author Topic: Breaking News: Adam Morrison traded to the Lakers  (Read 1230 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Breaking News: Adam Morrison traded to the Lakers
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
LOL@anyone saying it was a "bad trade"...we haven't been using VladRad for over a month now and we got to dump his shitty contract.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
^^^For real. Worst case scenario he holds the end of the bench down just like Vlad but expires sooner. Best case scenario, he flourishes in his new role in a new system. There's really not a downside to it from LA's perspecive

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 12:47:37 AM »
I have mixed feelings on this trade, the whole things comes as a huge shock to me.

On one hand, I feel like Radman SHOULD be more useful to us than Morrison and Brown are going to be (although I'm pretty happy about Brown, we could use a defensive guard off the bench). Radman was great last year for us, and is a very solid player, way too good for us to be just wasting away on the bench like we've been doing.

But then again, the reason Radman stopped getting playing time had a lot to do with his attitude. I've even read that he made a habit of showing up to practice late). We're competing for a championship this year, we just have no room for this type of shenanigans.

Morrison is horrible though. I try to be as optimistic as I can but I'm sorry, this dude is garbage. But I would like to say that if there is a coach who could find some use for him, it'd be Phil Jackson.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »
^^^For real. Worst case scenario he holds the end of the bench down just like Vlad but expires sooner. Best case scenario, he flourishes in his new role in a new system. There's really not a downside to it from LA's perspecive

REal spit...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 11:57:16 AM »
Wasn't Morrison the guy the media tried to bill as the next Larry Bird a couple years back? Or am I thinking of someone else.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
Wasn't Morrison the guy the media tried to bill as the next Larry Bird a couple years back? Or am I thinking of someone else.

That's him. The only thing he has in common with Bird, even back then, was that he was white. He was overrated, but no one wanted to believe it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

That's him. The only thing he has in common with Bird, even back then, was that he was white. He was overrated, but no one wanted to believe it.

That's too bad. The NBA could use another Larry Bird about now.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 06:11:18 PM »

Him and every other white guy who can shoot.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2009, 10:12:46 PM »

The funny thing is that shooting is what Larry's remembered for but he wasn't barely even focused on outside shooting until after his leg and back problems forced him to stay out of the scrum. He was amazing because of all around ability and skill, and his inability to quit. His defense. Rebounds. And most importantly, his shit talking on the court. That's what the NBA needs. If they just want some tall white guy who shoots 3s they've got a few of those from Europe.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »

The funny thing is that shooting is what Larry's remembered for but he wasn't barely even focused on outside shooting until after his leg and back problems forced him to stay out of the scrum. He was amazing because of all around ability and skill, and his inability to quit. His defense. Rebounds. And most importantly, his shit talking on the court. That's what the NBA needs. If they just want some tall white guy who shoots 3s they've got a few of those from Europe.

Great point. Nobody ever talks about his defense and rebounding, which he was damn good at. He wasn't just a one dimensional scorer who wont give you anything when his shot isn't falling. He was a great all around player who was also a top tier shooter.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »

Basically. I don't see how anyone can call it a bad trade. We traded a dude that's been averaging 3-5 minutes a game for the past 2 months.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 02:39:44 AM »
I have no hope about Morrisson ... I'm not anticipating to see this moustache fool in our jersey ... who knows about Brown , he might become another Ariza knowing his game is similar to Trevor's when he 1st arrived i.e good atleticism , some abilities to D but cannot shoot to save his life ...anyways both players won't see any minutes this year

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 06:51:13 AM »
Mitch said Vlad requested a trade cause he wanted to play more minutes.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »

Great point. Nobody ever talks about his defense and rebounding, which he was damn good at. He wasn't just a one dimensional scorer who wont give you anything when his shot isn't falling. He was a great all around player who was also a top tier shooter.

He was one of the best players in NBA history before he became a 3-point threat. He worked hard at something and became among the best at it. Maybe he'd never even qualify to enter one of those And1 ball handling competitions, but how many times did Larry lose the ball on the court?

'EclipZe

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
morrison might become better if he gets some more minutes again, I could see him turn out to be very valuable for the lakers