Author Topic: The biggest derby in world football....  (Read 867 times)

penenstamp

Re: The biggest derby in world football....
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 03:14:55 AM »
But who really cares if it's the biggest derby?

I think you may take soccer just a little bit too serious if you have rivals.

Elano

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 03:28:09 AM »
Btw how can you share a stadium with your arch enemy ???
Its not nice,i know,but its an historic place for both teams

Elano

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:34 AM »
we have 80.000 people on more than 1 game per year, so what :P Btw how can you share a stadium with your arch enemy ???

Fact is, the Old Firm has a really long tradition, also because of the religious conflict in the past, which makes it pretty much the biggest derby in Europe.

in germany and england most of the stadiums are always packed,i know

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:10 AM »

are you serious? Besides the fact that no real football fan would call football 'soccer',  I bet you only say that because AZ is not important enough to have a rivalry with another club. Derby's are everything man, it gives the whole thing a little spice. Even if your team plays a shitty season, you can make up for it with a derby win.
One of the best moments in life for every Dortmund fan was when we ruined Schalke's first championship after 49 years in 2007 , which means we could celebrate   50 years without a title for Schalke last year. It was game 33 out of 34, Schalke was first with two points ahead, we was 10th or sth. like that, and we beat them 2-0 at home.  I'll never forget the joy of seeing all the Schalke fans crying :laugh:

Let me explain it this way: We both know the biggest joy for you Dutch guys would be if you beat Germany, but we both know that won't happen. :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:43:20 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:02 AM »
we have 80.000 people on more than 1 game per year, so what :P Btw how can you share a stadium with your arch enemy ???

Fact is, the Old Firm has a really long tradition, also because of the religious conflict in the past, which makes it pretty much the biggest derby in Europe.

See Smegma, even Elano is nice today because Inter has won the derby. Tell him Elano, it's a good feeling, isn't it  ;D?

penenstamp

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 03:42:31 AM »
are you serious? Besides the fact that no real football fan would call football 'soccer'

Does it really matter? I actually always call it VOETBAL. It's just my language.

Elano

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »

See Smegma, even Elano is nice today because Inter has won the derby. Tell him Elano, it's a good feeling, isn't it  ;D?
of course i'm REALLY HAPPY,but it's a fact:in italy the stadiums are old that's why a lot of people prefer to watch the games at home in front of their tvs

Hey Ma

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 04:16:12 AM »
Soccer

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »
biggest derby my ass

There's always a wall of people @ the stadium,but these 2 teams are two of the wackest teams in world football

3 points:

1 - What do you consider to define a "big derby"? For me it's not just the fact 2 world football greats are playing because you would consider man utd vs real madrid a derby.

2 teams from the same country? For me el classico fits into this veign. It's really only considered a derby because the clubs are both very successful. A derby in my opinion has to be 2 teams with varying histories whether it be politcal or whatever. As sad as it may be I think a derby is only a derby when it's "more than football". Prime example - Roma vs Lazio.

Honstly, Derby della Capitale >>>>>> Derby della Madonnina

And hence why Celtic vs Rangers is a "bigger" derby than most in the world if not all.

2 - what did you mean about the wall? I don't understand what you were getting at, prolly a dialogue issue.

3 - yeah Celtic and the monkeys are both extremely wack at the moment but derbies aren't really about watching 5-5 classics are they? :)
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »

Who cares if it's the biggest derby?

Quite a question coming from a guy who posts up a thread every time the wind blows.

Who cares indeed.

And Mauzip, we've been over this before. Yes we obsess about football because we are born into it. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if you had an obsession about windmills. How many people have been killed in America through the blood and crips? People killing over land they don't own. Obsessive? People are born into that but I wouldn't judge them for it.

I'm glad I have something in my life that I am passionate about and I will be that will until the day I die, I'm certain of that. I certainly won't be embarrassed about hating Rangers and everything they stand for as an establishment and as a football club.
NO MORE WAR

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »

are you serious? Besides the fact that no real football fan would call football 'soccer',  I bet you only say that because AZ is not important enough to have a rivalry with another club. Derby's are everything man, it gives the whole thing a little spice. Even if your team plays a shitty season, you can make up for it with a derby win.

Aye

kemizt

penenstamp

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »
I certainly won't be embarrassed about hating Rangers and everything they stand for as an establishment and as a football club.

I truly hope that was a joke.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 01:01:56 PM »
I certainly won't be embarrassed about hating Rangers and everything they stand for as an establishment and as a football club.

You are truly clueless sometimes when it comes to a sport you continue to discuss every single day.
NO MORE WAR

penenstamp

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:42 PM »

You are truly clueless sometimes when it comes to a sport you continue to discuss every single day.

I know what offside is and what the best club in the world is (AZ), so I know everything that needs to be known.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

I know what offside is and what the best club in the world is (AZ), so I know everything that needs to be known.

OK pal, well good luck with that. I'll leave the discussions about AZ up to you and you can leave the rest of the football chat up to the rest of us.
NO MORE WAR