Author Topic: So If The Spurs Got _____ They'd be Champions?  (Read 190 times)

tempo2

So If The Spurs Got _____ They'd be Champions?
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »
One of the roumers swirling around has sheed heading out to the spurs, will this trade make the spurs contenders like alot of people are saying?

Rick McCrank

Re: So If The Spurs Got _____ They'd be Champions?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:46:33 PM »
what kind of question is this?   of course Wallace would help them

they are #2 in the West, so that in itself makes them a contender, anything can happen come playoffs

it's not like exactly like they're missing some kind of puzzle piece, if working on all cylinders they are a good team

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »
yeah, the other rumor has been possibly Vince going to SA. I dont see that happening though.  Theyd need to give up too many players to make that trade happen. Id take Rasheed for sure, Duncan could use another big man to help out on the boards. Oberto hasnt even been playing this year, and Kurt Thomas isnt the offensive threat that Rasheed is.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OchoCinco

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »
i dont think vc would fit with that team personality wise and i think sheed has already peaked but if spurs could get him and not give up much it wouldnt be a bad thing for them.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:00:42 PM by OchoCinco »

westsiderider323

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »
So If The Spurs Got DEEZ NUTS They'd be Champions

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »
sheed would be a booost but they wouldn't win anything with him. and if they did it'd be a short term solution. he's about a year or so away from retiring.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:41 AM »
no wa the beat the Celts
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 08:00:49 AM »
One of the roumers swirling around has sheed heading out to the spurs, will this trade make the spurs contenders like alot of people are saying?

well, the Spurs are already contenders, Sheed just makes em a little stronger. Duncan and Sheed is a hell of a battle tested veteran front court.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:08 AM »
sheed would be a booost but they wouldn't win anything with him. and if they did it'd be a short term solution. he's about a year or so away from retiring.

So he hits the age of their core. Perfect for them. This is probably their last legit shot at contention for a long time. That team is old as all hell, they don't need spring chickens right now, they need proven commodities to push them over the top while their window is still open.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Is this a fill in the blank game? my answer is younger....... by a 10 year average.

tempo2

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
i still think the spurs are in with a shot this year, ive watched a few of there games and they seem to be playing prett well through all the injuries theve sustained. roger mason has been huge for them. the spurs are 29 and 9 since ginobilli came back.