Author Topic: INTERVIEW: BLACK WALL STREET'S X.O.  (Read 439 times)

Neimanmarcus9

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.dipinthemix.com "For the People by the People"
INTERVIEW: BLACK WALL STREET'S X.O.
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »

CHAMP: What up X.0? Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where you grew up, your childhood, etc?

X.O: My childhood wasn’t super you know what I mean. Alot of my childhood friends I grew up with passed away but I feel like everybody does from where I come from. It wasn’t that rough; my parents were together and still are now. That helped me out a lot but  we still struggled. In Los Angeles, everybody has a little thug in them. Almost everybody out here gang bangs. If you don’t you know someone that does. That’s what it is; it’s a part of growing up for a lot of people where I grew up and everywhere else.

CHAMP: Everywhere you go everyone has his or her struggles. Even here in Toronto we have turfs where one area has beef with another area. We all have struggles to overcome.

X.O: Definitely man. No hood is any harder than the next. There are some gangs that are bigger than others but anyone can pull a trigger.

CHAMP: You made a switch obviously. You’ve been in the game for five years and you’ve been running with The Game for seven. Is this true?

X.O: Yeah.

CHAMP: In that time you had a name change from Scipio to X-O. Tell me why you decided to change your name?

X.O: Before I got back with The Game I was doing some traveling through the states and I kind of had a little hiatus and I was hitting up people in the head with mixtapes after mixtapes and they all got phenomenal responses. It got rave reviews from write-ups and magazines. I took a hiatus and just went so hard. It’s not a sprint it’s a motherf*cken marathon. That’s when I finally stopped, got my water and slowed down and had to keep it pushing. When I came back a lot of stuff transpired and relationships I wanted to do things with and people I wanted to disassociate myself with helped me build who I am today. The relationships were spoiled. It was a new beginning for myself. Scipio is my last name so I’m going to be Scipio forever but X.O is a completely different more focused individual and conscious of all the decisions I make. The music is different as well. Now I’m back with Wall Street. I just needed a change, that’s all.

CHAMP: No doubt. You mentioned that you ran with Xzibit & Raz Kass. Tell me what you learned from them and why you decided to sever ties.

X.O:  I learned a lot from those dudes. I learned a lot watching what they did well and bad. The good I took with me and with the bad, I just learned not to make those mistakes. I took a piece of everybody that I learned from and made like a transformer. I made me. As far as me not dealing with them anymore, story short nobody is going to relinquish their power to you willingly and just say here go run with it. You have to take that and that’s how it happened with The Game and 50. That is something I knew and along with other things that transpired and it made me a better person.

CHAMP: It’s like a crab in the bucket feel where the man with the power is not handing down the torch. It’s sort of like Nas and Bravehearts I would say where they have the opportunity but they weren’t just doing it.

X.O: I’m not too familiar with the whole Braveheart situation but Nas is my homeboy and he’s a good dude, as well as Bravehearts. But like I said before, no one is going to hand things down to you, you have to take it if you want it that bad. You have to overthrow the current situation.

CHAMP: Were you in any way involved in the altercation between The Game and Raz Kass had?

X.O:  Actually at the time, I was trying to mediate it. I was trying to squash it but you’re dealing with REAL n*ggaz. Raz Kass talked about his son on a record. Talking about how he is going to kill his son. There are certain things you can say and certain things you can’t say. On the west coast we don’t play that talking shit. Words mean a lot. It’s like Pac & Biggie. Pac personified what the west coast was about with Eazy E and NWA. We all hood and we mean what we say so you can’t say that shit. He knew he was wrong by saying that stuff but then he tried to get slick in the club and you know at the end of the day you can only give out so many passes.

CHAMP: A lot of rappers don’t know how to draw the line when it comes to bringing family into your business. It gets really touchy.

X.O: You can’t do that, especially with west coast n*ggaz. I’m not saying another people aren’t hard but we just take those words more seriously than others.

CHAMP: Speaking of altercations you recently got into a scuffle with Aftermath artist Bishop Lamont. Apparently he bit you like Mike Tyson on your chest, what happened there?

X.O: This guy bit me. I had to get another tetanus shot for that shit. I would have rather been in the ring with Tyson himself so I would have at least received some money for it. That just generated money to the Internet. I knew he didn’t know how to fight cause I used to hang out with him and he would always talk about how he wanted to take kickboxing classes but I think I’m going to have to check out those classes myself and see if biting is involved. And he scratched my face and everything. That’s just another walk in the park for me.

FOR MORE OF THIS INTERVIEW PLEASE VISIT THE LINK BELOW ;D:

http://www.dipinthemix.com/Post/Interview-Black-Wall-Streets-XO/0BBEDFFFF01859E03000800AEB132
#1 I am a REAL PERSON. #2 Book Trailer  () "Kalifornia LUV" written by my uncle 'Spud' is in stores now w/ me on the cover. I'm a Student, Music Junkie, that LUVz to surf online. Check out my website (www.dipinthemix.com) if you have quality music or Hip Hop news, get @ me via PM so we can network. Thank You, Neiman Marcus. #fuckhaterzget$

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: INTERVIEW: BLACK WALL STREET'S X.O.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »
Until he drops some quality material XO is irrelevant.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »
keep doin ya thang and droppin them interviews!

support the coast y'all
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Neimanmarcus9

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.dipinthemix.com "For the People by the People"
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 07:39:24 PM »
keep doin ya thang and droppin them interviews!

support the coast y'all
Good lookin!!!! XOXO
#1 I am a REAL PERSON. #2 Book Trailer  () "Kalifornia LUV" written by my uncle 'Spud' is in stores now w/ me on the cover. I'm a Student, Music Junkie, that LUVz to surf online. Check out my website (www.dipinthemix.com) if you have quality music or Hip Hop news, get @ me via PM so we can network. Thank You, Neiman Marcus. #fuckhaterzget$

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
nice interview... can't wait to hear another X.O. mixtape

h2k4

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
nice interview... can't wait to hear another X.O. mixtape

Yeah.  He hasn't disappointed yet, in my opinion.

Rida1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »
I had that cd with that Angel dust Cd. pretty dope. I hope he doesn't change up being with Black Wall

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 11:33:50 AM »
If this were to come out a month ago, everybody would have been all over this topic. Thanks though, but we still NEED to hear Bishop's side of the story. This is the longest I can remember Bishop going without doing an interview, making a track or just appearing in public. Maybe X.O. is telling the truth here?