Author Topic: Some Dodger fans you guys are  (Read 237 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Some Dodger fans you guys are
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
This signing is a waste of money.  Blake Dewitt can put up Hudson's numbers....so why even talk about it. 

He hasn't yet and Hudson has a better glove.  And you stat heads can dismiss this all you want but Hudson is a clubhouse leader something you guys are sorely missing, I know you stat heads think all ball players are robots.  And why even talk about it... even the littlest nobody getting signed gets talked about in NY.

Luis Gonzalez was seen as a leader, and look how he fucked up the team.  He did such a number that Little was fired because of that.  We have a leader already, his name is Martin.  When Hudson is struggling at  Dodger Stadium, I'll just think to myself of the losses that will cost the team for not playing Blake Dewitt over him.  

herpes

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
This signing is a waste of money.  Blake Dewitt can put up Hudson's numbers....so why even talk about it. 

He hasn't yet and Hudson has a better glove.  And you stat heads can dismiss this all you want but Hudson is a clubhouse leader something you guys are sorely missing, I know you stat heads think all ball players are robots.  And why even talk about it... even the littlest nobody getting signed gets talked about in NY.

Luis Gonzalez was seen as a leader, and look how he fucked up the team.  He did such a number that Little was fired because of that.  We have a leader already, his name is Martin.  When Hudson is struggling at  Dodger Stadium, I'll just think to myself of the losses that will cost the team for not playing Blake Dewitt over him.  

Yes b/c Grady Little was such a great manager in the first place.  And Russel Martin, the same Russel Martin that I have read that doesn't have the greatest of attitudes at times.  And you guys will need a leader considering the fact no one will trust Clueless Joe Torre anymore.  But we'll see at the end of the season.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »

Yes b/c Grady Little was such a great manager in the first place.  And Russel Martin, the same Russel Martin that I have read that doesn't have the greatest of attitudes at times.  And you guys will need a leader considering the fact no one will trust Clueless Joe Torre anymore.  But we'll see at the end of the season.

Don't worry about the team too much, these guys are a close group.  The core has been together since AA ball.  After their experience in the NLCS, they have just gotten hungrier. 

herpes

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 03:26:58 PM »

Don't worry about the team too much, these guys are a close group.  The core has been together since AA ball.  After their experience in the NLCS, they have just gotten hungrier. 

LMAO @ dont worry about the team too much.  You guys had the same clubhouse problems as you did the year before until Manny came along and you guys started to win.  And winning can change everything.  No Manny and no one to take charge in the clubhouse you guys are in trouble.  And isn't the big problem in the clubhouse, the fact half your team played together in AA while a bunch of other cats didn't ?  Sounds like the Mets and the latino / non latino divide.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »

LMAO @ dont worry about the team too much.  You guys had the same clubhouse problems as you did the year before until Manny came along and you guys started to win.  And winning can change everything.  No Manny and no one to take charge in the clubhouse you guys are in trouble.  And isn't the big problem in the clubhouse, the fact half your team played together in AA while a bunch of other cats didn't ?  Sounds like the Mets and the latino / non latino divide.

There weren't any problems before Manny got there.  The only problems was 2 seasons ago with Luis Gonzalez and Derek Lowe.  And really, Lowe is like the crazy uncle that nobody listens to...but somehow Gonzo actually took his word and ran with it.  The reputation you hear about the kids not being ready or mature mainly came from Lowe and Gonzo.  That's it.  Nobody else bitches about it.  Casey Blake is cool enough with the team to sign here again.  Furcal isn't problematic either.  Pierre just complains about playing time, but it's no biggie.  Where is the problem?  I'm pretty sure I've seen more Dodger games than you to make a fair assessment on how the clubhouse is.  Part of the problem is the la times beat writers that follow the Dodgers are just there to stir shit up for no other reason but being bored.  Dismiss everything they say. And I mean everything. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »
BTW, I would say 90% of Dodger fans I know HATE the Angels and others simply just don't care at all about the team.  Cross-town rivalries can't be forced, I feel that this one is just forced by the media.  Either way, Dodgers vs Angels seems more of an L.A. vs OC type of thing.  A latino vs white type of situation. 

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »

that club house problem is not retired.  his name is jeff kent.  he was supposed to be a veteran leader in the clubhouse, but he cause problems, weather that was his intention or not.

our younger core is relaxed, laid back.  they like to have fun. some players dont jive with that type of atmosphere..others thrive in it. when kent hit the DL i saw the difference in the team imedietly.  they started to win while kent was at home nursing his injury.  the club also lit up when manny came along cause thats the type of personality he has...when hes happy.  and of course he fit right in with our younger core.  him and kemp became good friends, they played many a jokes on each other.  martin, loney, ethier, etc all praised him.  they even wore shirts saying "we love manny being manny" when we made it into the playoffs.

anyway, back to the o dog signing..its a good signing.  hes a good player.  but i really believe that blake dewitt could have put up very similar numbers...without costing us a draft pick.  but whats done is done...hell..dewitt might see a lot of playing time, if o dog goes on the DL.  who knows?

Furcal
O Dog
Ethier
Manny
Kemp
Loney
Martin
Blake

thats a very good line up...if only we had a rotation as strong as that line up, wed be set.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 05:58:42 PM »
i heard about it at work yesturday. my internet has been down.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »
BTW, I would say 90% of Dodger fans I know HATE the Angels and others simply just don't care at all about the team.  Cross-town rivalries can't be forced, I feel that this one is just forced by the media.  Either way, Dodgers vs Angels seems more of an L.A. vs OC type of thing.  A latino vs white type of situation. 

I'm white,  ???

Most Latinos in the IE could be either. I know in Riverside, their more Angel fans now, in San Bernardino their more Dodger fans.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 10:41:05 PM »
You guys signed Orlando Hudson to a one year deal worth 3.4 million plus a possible 4.6 million in incentives I believe and not one post about it.  Excellent signing by you guys, even if Hudson doesn't stay healthy it's only one year for not much.  I'm just pissed that the fucking Mets let him go elsewhere yet spend 3 fucking million on alex cora and livan hernandez.  I hope Minaya gets aids.
I think what Manny is gonna do is more thread post worthy that's why.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 10:49:42 PM »
But for real, how do you cali cats cheer for two teams in the sport.  You would never see a Met fan cheer for the yanks and vice versa.  You would never see that with the Rangers and Islander fans.  You would never see that with Jet and Giant fans.  Even people that are casual fans of there respected team don't do that.  That shit is beyond disgusting and wack.
It happens.  Some are pro NY like that.  The Mets fans probably cheered for the Yankees when they faced the Braves cause the Mets couldn't beat them.  There are people who like the Giants & Jets.  Why I have no idea, only thing to like about the Jets is their uniforms that's it.  The Rangers & Islanders hate each other too much.  The Angels & Dodgers are in different leagues.  There is no rivalry.  If the Angles beat the Yankees, Madres & Frisco fruitbooties, all Dodgers fans will love it.  If the Dodgers whup up on the Rangers, Orioles, Red Sox, & Yankees, all Angels fans will love it.  SoCal is much different than other parts of the world...believe me.  As long as nobody 4ces you 2 do that if you don't want to. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:04 AM »
^ to add to that notion...

...the angels were harmless up until 2002 and for a brief time in the mid 90's.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09