?

yes
8 (88.9%)
No, only the Raiders
0 (0%)
No, only the Raider and to a lesser extent  the Rams
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: do you think LA FANS would ever embrace an NFL expansion team?  (Read 221 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: do you think LA FANS would ever embrace an NFL expansion team?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
I don't multi quote that good so here.
Roski shoulda gotten this stadium thing in Industry 10 years ago & we'd have expansion with Cleveland.  Its too late now.
SoCal majority of race is mexicans & most mexicans favorite teams are the Raiders & Cowboys.
 The reason there's a lotta USC fans is cause they won a national championship.  Where were these bandwaggoners when USC was U Sure Choked in the 90's?  
Too big of a city not 2 have a team.  Why not the Vikings or Jaguars?  They've been my favorite NFC team since 82 but NO relocated team.  Try San Antonio or Toronto.  Give them a chance.  The main reason the Rams & Raiders were run outta town is cause about 60+% of so cals jumped on Dallas & Frisco's bandwagon throughout the 90's, then they became G.Bay & Donkeys fans when they won the SB.  And there were a lotta bandwagon Ram fans when they won the SB.  I saw more Ram fans SB-present than I saw Ram fans during 1981-94  I've seen 10 or less Ram fans during those years.  And I used to live next door to 3 of them.  And they won't admit jumping on the bandwagon either when I know they did.  

It ain't where you're at its what you do.  Tv market is overrated in NFL.  Packers smallest market smallest NFL city & but sellout every game even when they sucked.  Even b4 Favre, of course he is the market.
Indy with the Dolts small market but Peyton is the market.
The Cowboys in Dallas.  Dallas isn't the biggest market or city in their own state.  Nobody outside of Texas cares about the Oilers or Texans.  The Steelers-small market but they're the American media's favorite team for decades.  They're more of a storied franchise than both the big city Giants & Jets.

And Fuck the Retardgers/Fraudgers!  They were likable when they had Fouts, Winslow, & Joiner & their best look...the royal blue/yellow uniforms.  But SoCal has enuff terrible owners as is.  Got Sterling already don't need another SD team with crappy owners.  NFL too dumb to realize that most of us won't like them.  Not even at gunpoint.  But they still 4ce them on us nearly every sunday >:(  
CBS=Charger Ball Station  

SoCals bandwagon too much.  The only way NFL can survive there is that they win the SB every single year.  They lose one & the so cals will jump on that winners bandwagon.  If they want it 2 succeed there, no other cities can be allowed to win a SB.  That's how much they bandwagon.  Put sports teams in sports towns not winners towns which is L.A.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 08:05:23 AM »
I don't multi quote that good so here.
Roski shoulda gotten this stadium thing in Industry 10 years ago & we'd have expansion with Cleveland.  Its too late now.
SoCal majority of race is mexicans & most mexicans favorite teams are the Raiders & Cowboys.
 The reason there's a lotta USC fans is cause they won a national championship.  Where were these bandwaggoners when USC was U Sure Choked in the 90's?  
Too big of a city not 2 have a team.  Why not the Vikings or Jaguars?  They've been my favorite NFC team since 82 but NO relocated team.  Try San Antonio or Toronto.  Give them a chance.  The main reason the Rams & Raiders were run outta town is cause about 60+% of so cals jumped on Dallas & Frisco's bandwagon throughout the 90's, then they became G.Bay & Donkeys fans when they won the SB.  And there were a lotta bandwagon Ram fans when they won the SB.  I saw more Ram fans SB-present than I saw Ram fans during 1981-94  I've seen 10 or less Ram fans during those years.  And I used to live next door to 3 of them.  And they won't admit jumping on the bandwagon either when I know they did.  

It ain't where you're at its what you do.  Tv market is overrated in NFL.  Packers smallest market smallest NFL city & but sellout every game even when they sucked.  Even b4 Favre, of course he is the market.
Indy with the Dolts small market but Peyton is the market.
The Cowboys in Dallas.  Dallas isn't the biggest market or city in their own state.  Nobody outside of Texas cares about the Oilers or Texans.  The Steelers-small market but they're the American media's favorite team for decades.  They're more of a storied franchise than both the big city Giants & Jets.

And Fuck the Retardgers/Fraudgers!  They were likable when they had Fouts, Winslow, & Joiner & their best look...the royal blue/yellow uniforms.  But SoCal has enuff terrible owners as is.  Got Sterling already don't need another SD team with crappy owners.  NFL too dumb to realize that most of us won't like them.  Not even at gunpoint.  But they still 4ce them on us nearly every sunday >:(  
CBS=Charger Ball Station  

SoCals bandwagon too much.  The only way NFL can survive there is that they win the SB every single year.  They lose one & the so cals will jump on that winners bandwagon.  If they want it 2 succeed there, no other cities can be allowed to win a SB.  That's how much they bandwagon.  Put sports teams in sports towns not winners towns which is L.A.

Actually the Raiders left because the 1994 Northridge quake cracked the Coliseum and the Raiders were looking for a new stadium. They had an offer from Hollywood park but with no where to go right away Oakland offered them their old home at a discount.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »

That's a great point, but that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Whatever team comes to LA must be a winner or the support will die quickly. Look at Cleveland or Houston, where they expansion teams to replace the ones they lost, and they both are mediocre but they still sell very well, especially any chance they get for a primetime game. An expansion team would most likely take too long to be competitive, and would make the league uneven. The Vikings, Jags, and Chargers have unsettled stadium deals and are decent teams, so those are the options.

And thanks for bringing that up about USC, where were all these "die-hards" before Carson Palmer's senior season and Pete Carroll. They don't remember anything from that era, because they weren't winning and had very little support. UCLA used to be the big college football program in LA.
I got a bird's eye view

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 02:52:48 PM »

That's a great point, but that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Whatever team comes to LA must be a winner or the support will die quickly. Look at Cleveland or Houston, where they expansion teams to replace the ones they lost, and they both are mediocre but they still sell very well, especially any chance they get for a primetime game. An expansion team would most likely take too long to be competitive, and would make the league uneven. The Vikings, Jags, and Chargers have unsettled stadium deals and are decent teams, so those are the options.

And thanks for bringing that up about USC, where were all these "die-hards" before Carson Palmer's senior season and Pete Carroll. They don't remember anything from that era, because they weren't winning and had very little support. UCLA used to be the big college football program in LA.
The Fraudgers talk so much junk like they've won Super Bowls but you win it playing, not running your mouf.  Football in Texas is supposed 2 be religion but the Oiler fans stopped showing up in 94 when they kept blowing it in the playoffs.  And the city didn't wanna give Bud Adams a new stadium so he left.  Why have a Houston team when you have the winners in Dallas?  And the rally 2 save them was less than 50 people.  Cleveland fans fought to the bitter end 2 save the Clowns even though they played like the AFC version of the 90-98 Rams.  THey shoulda been gone that they were gone, just as long as the team name & history was left behind.  And when the Rams were run out, everybody cheered even me ;D  When Leno & Greg Kinnear said it on late night that the Rams are gone, the whole audience cheered. 
   Don't know if I mentioned it but no team in L.A. is better than Ohio having their sorry teams, Missouri having their sorry teams.  In 95 not only no team in L.A. was better than what I mentioned, it was better than N.Y./N.J. having the Giants & the Jets.  And they're the largest market.