Author Topic: Damani Interview  (Read 141 times)

Lunatic

Damani Interview
« on: February 17, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »
not my work

http://illuminati2g.webs.com/damaniinterview.htm

I2G linked up with 1/3 of Dubb Union and Inglewood raised Damani for a interview. We discuss his new shoe, the Adidas EQT, coming out the 21st of this month, and the mixtape he just dropped along with it, his thoughts on Dubb Union, Snoop, his solo career and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Damani how's it going?

Ain't shit man just mo of it, been hella busy

How did the deal come together with you and Adidas for your own shoe and how much input did you have in the design of the shoe?

A couple years ago I put put the Congratulations Playa mixtape. The mixtape was deemed a classic and got alot of attention. It got me a deal at the time and 3 of the songs hit radio. One of the guys at Adidas hit a hold of the mixtape, became a fan and reached out to me about a project he was doin with me designing my own shoe and of course I accepted. The Adidas EQT is a classic shoe they brought back out because of how popular it was in the past. My job was to come up with a dope color design to give it a lil floss to it, so I did.

The Congratulations Playa mixtape for the release of the shoe is crazy. It is almost like a solo album, how did that come together for you?

[DAMANI - My Photos - Photo 27 of 27]

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wn1z2gqyihy

I did the mixtape in 3 days. I just picked some beats I like and wrote all the lyrics in one day, then took another day to record and another day to give it a decent mix. I'm glad you like it. I was focused so it came out easy to me.

Wow 3 days! Yeah the mixtape is knocking, congrats also on the shoe deal, when is it scheduled to come out?

The shoe debuts Feb.21 at Millenium Shoe Store 234 W. Manchester Blvd, Inglewood, CA and I'll be there from 4pm til 6pm with giveaways and autograph signings.

Alright let's get to Dubb Union. Now that the album has been out for a bit already, what are your thoughts on the response from everyone and were you satisfied with the project?

[DAMANI - Westurn Union - Photo 2 of 13]

I was very satisfied with the Dubb Union album and the response in the streets been great, people in the streets are jus mad because they wanna see us have more national exposure.

Where there any other tracks that you guys were thinking about dropping as singles from the album?

We had a couple joints we went back and forth on but we decided on the title track.

Are you still signed to Sony as a solo artist and is there any details you can give about your solo album?

I'm no longer on Sony and currently fully independent. My solo album will come out. Right now I'm workin on strengthening my brand.

Will Snoop play a big role in the album, possibly co executive produce it? You guys have good chemistry together on tracks.

Snoop is and has been nothing but a positive help to my career in the last few years, however I am the executive and co-executive producer of the Damani movement. The chemistry is crazy and I can assure you we will give you nothin but bangers in the near future.

Tell me some good memories or times you can remember working on the Big Squeeze album.

The big squeeze was fun everyday. I just remember alotta hoes, liquor, and laughing with music mixed in there somewhere.

Do you have any shows or tour dates coming up that you want to let the people know about?

I'm working on the Congratulations Player concert series/tour. Damn I wasn't suppose to say that but you'll see it's going to be big. Orca big.

Appreciate the interview Damani. Any last words or shoutouts?

Shoutout to the rappers before me, the players before me, and the misguided women who allow themselves to be guided by a qualified guider...Damani Inglewood City Behind Me!!!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Damani Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
Man I had a feeling he was not on Sony anymore. Good to hear he is on the indie grind again. His new mixtape is FIRE.

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:28:49 PM »
props for the interview Luna, Damani droppin the heat!! 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 03:22:25 PM »

Co-sign

DAMANI

• Lil Geezy
  • INGLEWOODCITYBEHINDME
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:37:40 AM »

Co-sign
yessir goodlookin out homie

DAMANI

• Lil Geezy
  • INGLEWOODCITYBEHINDME
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:43:16 AM »
Man I had a feeling he was not on Sony anymore. Good to hear he is on the indie grind again. His new mixtape is FIRE.
yea that didnt do nothin for me but i did make some cool paper wittum, now its on to this adidas paper...im at millenium shoes this saturday in inglewood for the launch, come holla at me