Author Topic: LeBron to join the Dunk Contest, will try to get other stars to join...  (Read 1112 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
... and he also wants some rules to be changed.

http://www.whiznews.com/article.php?articleId=24478

LeBron James is still hedging a little on his proclamation that he wants to compete in the slam dunk contest next year, but he didn't say it in the heat of the moment. He feels the contest has "gotten out of control" and plans to recruit some of his fellow superstars to take it back.

"It's got to be cleaned up. They have to go back to maybe the '80s with [Michael Jordan] and Dominique [Wilkins]," James said. "You can't have so many chances at dunking the basketball. The whole anticipation of a dunk contest is one or two tries and that's it. If not you get (a score of) 30 or 35. Guys are getting 10 opportunities to do the same dunk, by the time they complete it, it is like ... 'OK, we've seen it.'"

"Right now I am going to be in it; I won't be the only big-name guy, I'll make sure I get a few guys," James said. "I'm making my game plan."

I gotta agree with LeBron here. That Nate Robinson shit in 06 was ridiculous. So was Rudy Fernandez's this year, and even though I know that ended up costing him in the end and I do honestly feel kinda bad because it was good dunk, we still have his fans bitching about how he got fucked over.

If they clear up the rules a bit, it'll make things a lot less complicated. Take out that 2 minute shit, spectators at home don't realize why some players are getting low scores because they can't see how badly a player is sucking the life out of the crowd by missing a dunk 30 times.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: LeBron to join the Dunk Contest, will try to get other stars to join...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:15:58 PM »
Another thing I used to like, that they dont do anymore....is they used to measure the players vertical when he was in mid-dunk.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
Another thing I used to like, that they dont do anymore....is they used to measure the players vertical when he was in mid-dunk.

I liked that to but it's understandable why they stopped it, it took the focus away from the creativity aspect and how nice the dunks looked, and it seemingly pushed the focus on how high the dunkers were getting up.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
sounds good to me, Im all for it!!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »
Real spit from Lebron

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
all in
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:50:29 AM »
I agree w/ Bron, lets bring this contest back to how it was in the old days, these last few dunk contests have been pathetic.  I'm honestly getting sick of seeing Lil Nate in the contest.

DIP DIP SET SET

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:52:53 AM »
I agree w/ Bron, lets bring this contest back to how it was in the old days, these last few dunk contests have been pathetic.  I'm honestly getting sick of seeing Lil Nate in the contest.
yep, me too

Rick McCrank

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »
if he does the contest he better get some good competition to join him

if it's him up against Nate Robinson, why even have the contest?  just give him the trophy

OchoCinco

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
get wade in there too

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
Dwight, LeBron, Wade, Kobe & Iguodala :o

fuck Nate, that overrated scrub. ;D

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
yea theres no way lil neezy can be in the contest again, that would be horse shit

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 03:00:07 AM »
If Lebron athletic skills are off the hook , his creativity on dunks has been meh so far .... still it's a good idea to try to bring big names and dunkers in this contest ... the latest real  one was with Vince, T-Mac and Steve Francis back in 2000 I think ... Robinson is a joke and all that Superman hype is overrated aswell