Author Topic: LeBron to join the Dunk Contest, will try to get other stars to join...  (Read 1101 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: LeBron to join the Dunk Contest, will try to get other stars to join...
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
^^That was pretty sick!  But you still dont give LBJ any credit where its due. 

yea, it was...and it's a dunk lbj cant do...that's all im sayin.

if LeBron can jump higher, he can clearly do any dunk Kobe can do & more.

what a fuckin idiot...as if dunkin is all about how high you can jump. wow. what a retard. :stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »

Lebron can def throw it down but I have to agree that I'd rather see a more finesse dunker like Kobe or VC as opposed to Lebron or Dwight

of course....only an idiot wouldnt get that.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
I defo would not advise Kobe to enter the dunk contest....'F that.
(Besides he has already been there and done that)

James need's to take his place, he's already got the 50's in the bag (He just has to show up)
that's how much the contest has been waiting on him. (Even if his dunk's are trash)

let's see a freethrow line dunk..
Some 'Niqe windwill type dunk's, and an OG of his is all he wil need.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2009, 07:50:23 PM »

what a fuckin idiot...as if dunkin is all about how high you can jump. wow. what a retard. :stupid:

LOL, you really act as if LeBron has trouble dunking or something.

he can throw it down as easily & eye appealing (no homo) as anyone.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »

you are beyond retarded for not getting what im saying...its amazing

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »

LOL what are you talking about?!? :laugh:

LeBron can jump higher in the air than Kobe & has just about the same hang-time, still following?

palming a ball is nothing for LeBron (as is for almost any NBA player), so he can go under the legs (as you saw when the dude was STILL IN HIGH-SCHOOL! :o) or do a 360; read the comments about jumping above, we still on the same page?

WE HAVE SEEN, with our own eyes how he can rise & get his head almost half-way up the backboard!

but you just keep believing that Kobe is Jesus' second coming & nobody can do ANYTHING better than him on a court, we'll understand...

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »

LOL what are you talking about?!? :laugh:

LeBron can jump higher in the air than Kobe & has just about the same hang-time, still following?

palming a ball is nothing for LeBron (as is for almost any NBA player), so he can go under the legs (as you saw when the dude was STILL IN HIGH-SCHOOL! :o) or do a 360; read the comments about jumping above, we still on the same page?

WE HAVE SEEN, with our own eyes how he can rise & get his head almost half-way up the backboard!

but you just keep believing that Kobe is Jesus' second coming & nobody can do ANYTHING better than him on a court, we'll understand...

Dude. I know NIK gives LeBron WAYYY too little credit, but please tell me you are kidding.

First and foremost, dunk contests are based off your creativity and how nice your dunks look. LeBron gets up high, but from what we've seen, but he's a power dunker. Amare gets up high as fuck too, but he's a power dunker as well. Same as K-Mart. Power dunkers typically don't translate well into the dunk contest, not including Dwight Howard who basically won thanks to popularity (and I'm assuming this is what LeBron is hoping is gonna happen). Finesse hang-time dunkers are typically the ones who succeed in these tournaments.

And Brandon Roy tested for a 42 inch vertical in the Orlando draft camp, which is higher than almost anybody else's in the NBA. That doesn't mean he would dominate the dunk contest. As a matter of fact, based solely off what we've seen from him, he'd probably get last place.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »
^Howard won from fanbase & creativity.

which is the WHOLE point of this conversation!

i said it before, way before NIK got all upset that i think LeBron is even half the dunker Kobe is.

i said he will win if he is creative.

name something, any dunk that Kobe can do that LeBron cant...please.

if LeBron thinks of something awesome (and he wouldnt enter the contest if he didnt think he could come up with something great), he will do it, impress the judges & all the viewers & win that shit.

end thread. 8)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »
For the last time, it's not about being able to land the dunk. It's about being able to hit it and making it LOOK GOOD. LeBron is a power dunker, he's in the same mold as Amare and K-Mart.

if LeBron thinks of something awesome (and he wouldnt enter the contest if he didnt think he could come up with something great), he will do it, impress the judges & all the viewers & win that shit.

The whole "name a dunk that he can't do" argument is irrelevant to the entire conversation. Name a dunk LeBron can do that Kobe can't. While we're at it, name a dunk LeBron can do that Amare can't (and yes, since you probably aren't going to do the research, Amare can hit an under-the-leg dunk and 360).

This is a stupid argument because almost everybody who's good enough to make it to a dunk contest can do the same fucking dunks that other contestants can do. But since you seem so adamant on this argument...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntLzxb5BQUo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ntLzxb5BQUo</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMnlAvYxa4o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dMnlAvYxa4o</a>

Both of these dunks were on the NBA Street Volume Dunks DVD. In this DVD, LeBron James, in response to these dunks, says he couldn't even see himself pulling those off. And the second dunk isn't even that physically demanding. Yet you know why Bron said what he said? Because those are finesse, fancy dunks, which Bron doesn't have the co-ordination for. Bron is a POWER DUNKER. Bron's mission is to break the rim every time he runs in. Now quite honestly, ever since Shawn Kemp I've always enjoyed the power dunks more than the flashy dunks anyways. But there's a reason Shawn Kemp lost to Dee Brown and Isaiah Rider.

And just for your info, I DO think LeBron has a chance at winning the contest, although I want to see who the competition is before I make any predictions. But it seems like you're letting NIK get you so bent out of shape that you're starting to use irrational arguments. Kobe and Bron are different types of dunkers, both are great at what they do but one is better suited for dunk contests.

Oh yeah. And end thread.  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »
^LOLOL WHAT?!?

i am the one who said that LeBron can do what Kobe can after a certain somebody said LeBron isnt all that great of a dunker.

i know almost every big time dunker can do what each other can & LeBron is CLEARLY one of them.

like i ALREADY said, the DUNK CONTEST is going to come down to creativity & fanbase.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »
^LOLOL WHAT?!?

i am the one who said that LeBron can do what Kobe can after a certain somebody said LeBron isnt all that great of a dunker.

i know almost every big time dunker can do what each other can & LeBron is CLEARLY one of them.

like i ALREADY said, the DUNK CONTEST is going to come down to creativity & fanbase.

Don't worry about what he said, everybody already knows he has a huge bias against Bron. What YOU said was "name any dunk that he can do etc." and I already elaborated that being able to jump high doesn't mean you can do any kind of dunk, hence LEBRON HIMSELF saying he couldn't even picture himself pulling off those specific Kobe dunks I posted. The flash comes from co-oridination, finesse, and smoothness, which Bron doesn't have because he's a completely different type of a dunker.

And again, the Brandon Roy example. One of the highest vertical leaps in the NBA. Doesn't exactly mean he can hit every dunk possible left and right.

But all of these aside, none of that even matters because dunk contests aren't even about that. It's not only about creativity, it's about making the dunks look good. The fact of the matter is, from what LeBron has shown us, his dunks are more about power (like the Shawn Kemps/Amares) than the smoothness (like the Carters/Kobes). Shawn Kemp is one of the sickest dunkers the world has ever seen. You know why he never won a single contest? Because power dunkers aren't meant to have pretty dunks. Their dunks are awe-inspiring because combined with the great athleticism, they look like they're about to break the rim off and kill anybody who tried to get in the way of the dunk. Power dunks are amazing for the exact opposite reason that finesse dunks are amazing. One meant to be an ugly sight, and one is meant to be pretty.

I'm not counting Bron out. I'm just saying power dunkers in general don't translate well in dunk contests and you are blind if you can't see that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
wow...chamilitary is officially the dumbest poster in this section. lmao.

and you may think i give lebron way too little credit, but i do think hes an excellent player... i just get upset when people put him up their with the greatests, cuz that's embarrassing to true basketball heads.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »
ugh, why do i always have to deal with the "smartest basketball anaylsts" in the world? ::)

fuck that Brandon Roye can jump high & just trying to turn it against me.

i am not talking about anyone but LeBron, if you cant see that he can CLEARLY, WITHOUT QUESTION get WAY above the rim & higher than Kobe you need to be checked out or something. :P

LeBron did that 1st dunk (you posted) against the Knicks, just didnt double pump.....because he didnt have to LMAO.

& why do i keep getting in-game dunks though?

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD, like read the title seriously, is about the dunk contest.

point is, you cant say Kobe would sweep the floor with LeBron in a dunk contest, because not only is creativity one factor (that could go either way), but did anyone see the Superman dunk? pure, 100% power & won him the dunk conest, so dont give me this "finesse" bullshit either.

speaking of the Superman dunk, thats what i mean when i say "show me something Kobe can do that LeBron cant".

Nate can PHYSICALLY not do that dunk, whereas Kobe & LeBron can all do the same things.

*waits for NIK to come in with his usual personal comments & not try to defend his Kobe-licious side of the argument* ::) :D

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2009, 03:04:12 PM »
Yes, Dwight Howard won. That's why I said FOR THE MOST PART, power dunkers don't translate well. Did I say Bron has no chance at winning?

ugh, why do i always have to deal with the "smartest basketball anaylsts" in the world? ::)

You better not have been talking about me. I'm gonna be real, even though I probably know more about the game of basketball than you and have consistently been breaking it down in analysis more clearly than nearly everyone else here, I've kept it 100% respectful and humble in every post and I've taken your arguments seriously without trying to mock anybody. I'm not the type of arrogant asshole who runs around bragging on the internet (like a certain group of individuals here) about how knowledgeable they are in sports, because those guys are fags with no lives and need to realize that nobody cares.

But if you're gonna try to be a smart-ass then fuck that, I'll just say it like it is. Your argument is fucking retarded. One player (Dwight Howard) being an exception to the rule doesn't change the fact that power dunkers never had a good history in the dunk contest. You point out how high above the rim LeBron gets up because you say that factors into him being able to execute any dunk, and then you say Brandon Roy getting that high is irrelevant? No, it's not irrelevant. It's a goddamn good reason why you can't just assume that getting up high above the rim means you can execute any kind of dunk possible. Shit, Shawn Kemp gets higher above the fucking rim than both LeBron and Kobe.

If NIK's arguments bother you, that's cool. But don't act like every single Laker fan has said the exact same thing that he said. I already said LeBron is a fantastic dunker, all I said was that his style of dunkers hasn't been successful in the dunk contest except one fucking player, and that being said, I STILL NEVER COUNTED LEBRON OUT.

PLANT

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
^Howard won from fanbase & creativity.

which is the WHOLE point of this conversation!

i said it before, way before NIK got all upset that i think LeBron is even half the dunker Kobe is.

end thread. 8)

Amen.