Author Topic: Crooked I Signs On To Host Baller Status Digital Dynasty 5 Mixtape  (Read 261 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2009/02/6385/

After four successful installments of our free Digital Dynasty mixtape series, we're here with #5. And to help us usher in our fifth free digital mixtape is none other than underground phenom and newly anointed Slaughterhouse group member Crooked I.

On the heels of a 50,000+ download count -- and featured on ThisIs50.com -- of Digital Dynasty Part 4 with Chamillionaire, we're confident that Part 5 will be as successful, if not more successful than our last.

"It's your boy Crooked I, the West's kept secret. It's only right for me to team up with Tha Advocate and BallerStatus.com," Crooked said. "Another installment of Digital Dynasty. This is a dynasty. You other mixtape series are in shambles right now. Ya'll like the motherf***in' financial stability of this country. Ya'll in shambles."

"I am excited to release Digital Dynasty Part 5 with one of the best lyricists in the game," says our resident rapper, Tha Advocate. "I been telling dudes about Crooked I since '99. It's good ten years later he is starting to get his proper due."

Like we've done with every installment thus far, we're leaving slots open for those aspiring artists who haven't gotten the shine they deserve to showcase their skills, signed or unsigned.

As we prepare the tape's release, we're looking for that heat. So, for those interested, email Tha Advocate at shadowfalinx@hotmail.com for more information about how to acquire a slot.

In addition to Digital Dynasty 5, which will drop in early March, Tha Advocate will include -- as part of a bundled download -- his personal mixtape Barmaggedon.

To download out our previous mixtape with Chamillionaire, Digital Dynasty Part 4, click here.

For the fans, keep checking back for the release.

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
Re: Crooked I Signs On To Host Baller Status Digital Dynasty 5 Mixtape
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:55 AM »
Thatz Dope!

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:10 AM »
dude can only release mixtapes coz he cant get a proper record deal worth releasing an album on.

crooked I has been lookin for a record deal for so long, and then you got kurupt who gets a record deal with universal so quickly.
kurupt didnt wait around for a major label to sign him, he just kept hussling , by releasin all these independant albums with daz, snoop, j.wells, roscoe, and now releasing an album with quik, another dpg recordz solo release, another daz & kurupt album, and now the major deal came along with the terrance martin produced album.
you just gotta keep pushin the material out, and if you're hot enough, a record label will sign you.

but atleast crooked's doing something, keeping his hustle with doing mixtapes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:42:08 AM by ironmike »

Jaydc555

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:32 AM »
I agree I mean its been discussed to death but crooked seems to have that suge mentality of not releasing anything lol.I mean by now he could have dropped two albums independently and built some buzz up that way and get a major.if Jim jones can do it why not crook.I've never been more frustrated by an artist

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:58 AM »
dude can only release mixtapes coz he cant get a proper record deal worth releasing an album on.

crooked I has been lookin for a record deal for so long, and then you got kurupt who gets a record deal with universal so quickly.
kurupt didnt wait around for a major label to sign him, he just kept hussling , by releasin all these independant albums with daz, snoop, j.wells, roscoe, and now releasing an album with quik, another dpg recordz solo release, another daz & kurupt album, and now the major deal came along with the terrance martin produced album.
you just gotta keep pushin the material out, and if you're hot enough, a record label will sign you.

but atleast crooked's doing something, keeping his hustle with doing mixtapes.

you can not compare a rapper who´s from snoop´s camp and a real hustler who came alone like crooked.
Kurupt don´t need to hustle he has the push from snoop and snoop got his push from dre.

Nobody From the Og´s Wants to Fuck With Crooked,Cause that dude is a Problem for these Old Grand Pa´s,Crooked Is A Hard Competion in Rap-Skills...im Not Talking about Record Sales,Cause Nobody Gave him a Fair Chance....

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 04:59:57 AM »
^^
crooked I aint much younger. he's in his 30's aswell.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:09:50 AM »
^^^^tell me some new thing.... ::)

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »
I don't get why he's waiting.even if he gets on a major.the majors are fucked right now who's to say they wouldn't just shelve him?look how many artists struggle to get released from all coasts.even 50 cent can't drop an album in these times.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »
hes not after a major, hes after a distribution deal for Treacherous/COB records/Dynasty whatever it is lol

Jaydc555

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Yeah but distribution through a major which still controls your releases.if he wanted independent distribution I'm sure he would have had it by now