Author Topic: AA BB CC rhymes  (Read 220 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
AA BB CC rhymes
« on: August 08, 2001, 07:54:32 AM »
Now I Know, I've been knowing what you've been saying. I used to use a AAAA BBBB CCCC format when I first started rhyming because I thought I had more talent that way. But then I started rapping out loud to actual beats, and it sounded way off. It became harder to do. So I then tried AAAAAAAAAAAA, but that basically sounded to simplist to me. I mean, yeah you can rhyme one word, one billion times in one verse, but out loud it sounds simplist. So I began using AA BB CC because a) most rappers use it, B) it fits out loud, and C) I like to use a lot of metiphors in my raps, so I have more freedom to rhyme different words.

I would like to say some stuff like:
I live a hard life
It's like having Left Eye as a wife
(the beat recycles, so it give room for a chance in subjects)
So I had to learn to pack a gun
The same way little kids pack there lunch
the beat recycles... and so on

You see, I like metiphor, I think every great MC is more know for metiphors and such than a rhyme pattern. Written, AAAAA looks tight. But out loud to a beat, AA BB CC is more workable with. Kid I know what you are talking about. I've been writing rhymes for some time now, I've practice and I'm actually starting to record soon, (hell yeah  :D) so I know where you are coming from, but I have my style not to impress with rhymes, but with metiphors. And if you look, sometimes I do use a constint rhyme pattern if the metiphors fit. Now as for my second song, that is completly different.

Also, this is going to be my last post on this board, for anything. If ya'all want to check out my written songs that I'm going to record, and tell me what you think (critism is welcomed, I'd like to improve so my feelings wouldn't be hurt) then come to the other board. Peace Out!!! :'(

So Much Style

Re: AA BB CC rhymes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 10:50:54 AM »
i agree that AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BBBBBBBBBBBBB CCCCCCCCCC
can be boring out loud, but i think AA BB CC DD EE  gets incredibly borig, i usually switch itup like

AAA
BB
CCCC
DDD
EEEEE

i never do more than 6 for sure though
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
So much style back at it again

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2001, 11:15:12 AM »
One quick reply,

I usually try to go more than 2 lines with the same rhyme. But the AA BB CC pattern is still in effect

Kind of like
AA BB BB CC DD DD DD EE EE

OK now I'm out :-[ :'(

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2001, 12:59:50 PM »
what's this AA BB CC shit y'all are talkin about?  peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

So Much Style

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2001, 01:39:41 PM »
poetry rhyming schemes
So much style back at it again