Author Topic: Boxing news: Mayweather wants 20 mil to fight Pacman, De La Hoya vs Mosley III  (Read 130 times)

Kool Beenz

Money Mayweather wants 20 mill to fight Pacman...

Don't expect a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao in the near future. Recently Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions had reached out to Mayweather's advisor, Al Haymon, and tried to put together a deal for a bout between Mayweather and Shane Mosley. Schaefer made an offer of $8 million dollars. Mayweather would respond with an extreme counter - a request for a guarantee of $20 million dollars.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, spoke with BoxingConfidential editor Michael Marley and told him that a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight will never happen as long as Floyd is making unrealistic monetary demands.

“Look, Golden Boy went to Mayweather about fighting Shane Mosley and he wanted a $20 million guarantee,” Arum said. “He is so bleeping way out of line that it is ridiculous. Nobody and no fight, against Manny or anyone else is going to get him $20 million guarantee."

"Could he work hard and earn $20 million if a fight with Manny did well, yeah, that is possible but nobody is going to give Mayweather [that kind of money] to fight Pacquiao, Mosley or Jesus Christ. So is it possible that Mayweather will come back, I say yes but his expectations and aspirations are just too unreasonable.”

De La Hoya vs Mosley III

Oscar De La Hoya says he is leaning toward retirement. The "Golden Boy," who recently turned 36-years-old, vanished after December's crushing loss to Manny Pacquiao. In the last few days he's been all over the press, conducting numerous interviews that deal with his status in the sport. While he admits that his poor performance against Pacquiao is a sure sign to walk away, the lackluster showing is also motivating him to fight again.

"I'm actually, at this point, a little bit confused on what I'm going to do," De La Hoya said. "Here I am, ready to make my decision, saying, 'OK, you know what? I'm going to hang up the gloves. I think I'm ready.' But then I have people — a lot of people — telling me, 'Wait, that wasn't you against Manny.'

"Everybody wants to try to bring up excuses on what happened, and then it starts changing your mind. It starts pulling you back in. I just want to make sure I make the correct decision before I make the final one."

Most boxing insiders don't see De La Hoya making another return to the ring. Oscar has very few options out there but he would be interested, if he returns, to fight Shane Mosley for a third time. The fight would have to take place at the junior middleweight limit of 154. Mosley won decisions over De La Hoya in 2000 and 2003. The two are now business partners in De La Hoya's promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions. De La Hoya would be a serious underdog if he fought Mosley, who is riding a massive wave after the dominating stoppage of Antonio Margarito in January.

"If I continue my career, it's for a trilogy with Mosley. It would be interesting since we've had two fights, a history together and logically it would have to be at junior middleweight; no more welterweight fights," De La Hoya told 411 Mania.

Felix Trinidad wants Kelly Pavlik

Inactive since last January's decision loss to Roy Jones Jr, former three division champion Felix "Tito" Trinidad is still looking for big fights. A lot of his critics are telling him to walk away, Trinidad says that he stays in shape and is still fully capable of taking on the big fights.

"To the people who think that I don't have any shot [to return to the ring], they should remember that I am a completely healthy person that can achieve whatever I want.  If there are other boxers that are my age, and older than me, that continue fighting, like Shane Mosley, Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones - then I am also able to do so," Trinidad told El Nuevo Dia.

Trinidad is still chasing a rematch with Bernard Hopkins, wanting to avenge his 2001 knockout loss. Another fight that really interests him is against WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik, at the catch-weight of 165-pounds.

"Hopkins beat me, but he never wanted to give me the rematch. Pavlik could do a fight with me at 165 pounds. But, they are fighters who fear my punches," Trinidad said.

One fight Trinidad is not even thinking about is a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya.  Trinidad doesn't think anyone would care about the rematch after the way De La Hoya lost to Manny Pacquiao last December.

Kool Beenz

my thoughts...

Mayweather is just making excuses and is a jack ass if he really wants 20 million guaranteed to fight Pacquio

De La Hoya is shit and will never be as good as Mosley, Mayweather, or Cotto... he just needs to fucking retire

and Felix Trinidad will get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT against Pavlik i wouldnt want to pay 60 bucks just to see him get annihilated

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Please De La Hoya retire.  Or end up being called Evander De La Hoya :(

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Please De La Hoya retire.  Or end up being called Evander De La Hoya :(

lol Evander De La Hoyafield

Yeah, Mayweather is out of his mind...or its a tactic of his to make it seem like money is the issue.  I dont think Mayweather wants anything to do with Pacquiao right now. However, that would be the best fight for Mayweather should he come back. It would definetely be a megafight.

De La Hoya is done, and has been done for a while. He's ALWAYS been overrated, and fuck what he says. That WAS him against Manny. He just got his ass whooped is all.  If Mosley fights anything like he did against Margarito, De La Hoya would get demolished in a rematch. Plus, why even have one....Mosley beat him twice already.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"