Author Topic: Living Legend: The DOC Interview Part 2  (Read 1466 times)

Lunatic

Re: Living Legend: The DOC Interview Part 2
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
Dre-Day: Thanks! that would be a dope concept for a song. Will see what Slim brings to the table!
Chad Vader: Hopefully not! lol
JE: Thanks!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The Predator

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
Reality show for the operation sounds like a way to get money back for the medical costs.

Slim The Mobsta is hopefully worthy of being as Dre's new side kick as Bishop still aint proven any amazing rapping.

Lil Wayne went to Dre's studio and recorded some shit, looks like Dre wants some southern artist or another on his record.

D.O.C - 'Yo Dre we should do 'The Last Song Part 2! we could get Cube and Ren again on some N.W.A shit..'
Dre - 'Forget them niggas we'll get Wayne, T.I. and Souljah Boy can ghost-write my verse yo'

kuruptDPG

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 04:44:21 PM »
great interview lunatic.

to be honest i think dre will wait for doc's voice to get better so that he can feature him on detox, cant wait tilll this surgery gets done though.

lil wayne on detox man?  ???

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »
Predator: I'd love to see the reality show! doesn't mean wayne recorded, T.I. is the only 1 he 100% confirmed actually recorded something
K4L: Thanks! That would be SICK! (DOC ON DETOX)

spice2

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »
Great interview...It will be an awesome turn of events if he recovers his voice completely. About the lil wayne, fergie rumors...I'm wondering if there's a way to get the information to Dre that 90% of west coast rap fans ain't feeling those pop acts that are out now. I understand if he wants to draw in the younger crowd but don't alienate his longtime fans in the process. If he wants to feature some southern rappers how about going with Scarface or Outkast, someone who's put some time in the game and isn't a product of the bling bling era.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »
no disrespect to DOC, but what the fuck is he thinking :P
Slim is not that talented and in compared to DOC, he's a joke  :-\
Imagine if The Mobsta is the next Fiddy...well it could happen, he might have appeal + if he has DOC writing for him...  :laugh:

dameons

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:45:53 PM »
Wishfull thinking on DOC'S part. He has always been trying to weasel his way into Dre putting him back out, but Dre did the smart thing and told DOC to stay in the background and keep writing. That Helter Skelter album was a mistake and Dre saw it coming.The DOC makes top notch lyrics , but that album will never happen. Rap music is on life support anyways.

TRG

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »
Nice interview Luna.

sofdark

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »
Luna's interview is so well written,
I could feel how D.O.C. feels when he responds to the question.
Another good one Luna.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:06 AM »
He says "could have been you" was ONE OF HIS FAVORITE TRACKS and he wanted it to make the final cut.

one of the best track for detox ?? Comon, its nice track but wack compared to what we expect...

This is not what i would call great news.

Nobody scared by that part ??

He said dre was mad about the leak too...

The D.O.C and

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 12:50:15 AM »
DOC my prayers are with you when u deside to go under the knife! That shit is scary!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:32 AM »
Dre-Day: Thanks! that would be a dope concept for a song. Will see what Slim brings to the table!
Chad Vader: Hopefully not! lol
JE: Thanks!
you're welcome  :)
by the way, have you ever listened to Helter Skelter?

Reality show for the operation sounds like a way to get money back for the medical costs.

Slim The Mobsta is hopefully worthy of being as Dre's new side kick as Bishop still aint proven any amazing rapping.

Lil Wayne went to Dre's studio and recorded some shit, looks like Dre wants some southern artist or another on his record.

D.O.C - 'Yo Dre we should do 'The Last Song Part 2! we could get Cube and Ren again on some N.W.A shit..'
Dre - 'Forget them niggas we'll get Wayne, T.I. and Souljah Boy can ghost-write my verse yo'
lol, you just want them on the album, don't you?  :laugh:

seriously, read the interview again.

by the way, about part 1:

Raptalk.Net: In 2003, you put out the “Deuce” compilation album. Six-Two was a big part of that project. Do you still remain tight with him?

The DOC: Six-Two is the man and always was. He and I still talk from time to time. He wanted to try his own things and I wanted to allow him that movement because just like Dre, I’ve developed a certain way that I like to do things. You can’t have too many cooks in the kitchen or it’ll spoil the soup (laughs).
i'm having a hard time believing that.

Dubcnn: What's up with your artist, Six-Two? Is he still around? You were pushing him hard for a while.

Six-Two is in Texas. I had to take a break from Silverback for a minute to concentrate on my ties to the West Coast. I had to build my shit back up, so I can do what I do back at the crib. But I came through for Silverback. But right now, I gotta be in L.A. where it's kinda popping. But I can't be up
here with all them niggas! I ain't got it like that yet!

Dubcnn: I did an interview with DOC a while back and he was saying that Deuce was supposed to be your solo album, but things didn’t work out. Can you elaborate on that?

Yeah, like you said it was supposed to be my solo album so I don’t know why he put his face on it *laughs* That kind of ran me hot. After the tour, I had missed like two cities, and Dre was like go ahead and turn yourself in that way they won’t come and get you off stage. I’m thinking while I was in there Doc was going to keep my spot for a solo album, but then Doc put it out with most of the songs on there.

Dubcnn: Did you write all the songs on that album?

There was one song called “Gorilla Pimpin’” that he wrote. I wasn’t too cool with letting somebody write something for me, but it’s not everyday that you get a chance to work with somebody like that on a record. Most motherf-ckers don’t even get the opportunity to f-ck with a dude like that.

Dubcnn: Looking back on that what are you thoughts now on that Deuce album.

It should have been promoted better than it was and I feel like a lot of bad moves were made as far as the people Doc had in control of it. They didn’t have enough experience. Dre wanted to put the album out! But at the time Doc’s greed messed up a lot of opportunities for people, just by being greedy. Sony ended up getting that record and he ended up being in the hole! That’s why I am glad he didn’t put my name on it like that. Because I would’ve been extra hot if it would have been my album, then he fumbled the ball and I’m in the hole with these motherf-ckers.

http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/2008/july/erotic_d-payback-(dubcnn).mp3

seems to me that DOC is lying :P
true, Six-Two was a bit more diplomatic in the interview than Erotic but there's nothing that leads to the conclusion that they're still cool.

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:27 AM »
Luna's interview is so well written,
I could feel how D.O.C. feels when he responds to the question.
Another good one Luna.
ey man, I super appreciate that!

Kurupt1607

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:59 AM »
He says "could have been you" was ONE OF HIS FAVORITE TRACKS and he wanted it to make the final cut.

one of the best track for detox ?? Comon, its nice track but wack compared to what we expect...

This is not what i would call great news.

Nobody scared by that part ??

He said dre was mad about the leak too...

ganjaddict i see you  :P

Yes the track is a little wack compared to other songs, don't forget that the song was surely not finished... anyway we will not see this song on Detox.

And thanks again Lunatic 63, you made a good job  ;)