Author Topic: Slim Thug Interview  (Read 94 times)

Lunatic

Slim Thug Interview
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:54:11 AM »
not my work
my Slim Thug interview drops on the 23rd
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/slimthuginterview.htm

Slim Thug took time out of his busy schedule for a bit to talk with I2G. Currently on a promo tour promoting his new album, Boss Of All Bosses, dropping March 24th, we discuss the new album, his thoughts on Houston hip hop, the Neptunes and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Slim Thug, how's it going?

I'm good G, on the road, working, getting ready for this album to be out.

Let's get right into the new album, Boss Of All Bosses, coming out on the 24th of this month. What can fans expect from the album?

Oh man it is going to be Slim Thug at his finest. I am trying to bring the whole city with me on this one and crank up the whole H-Town movement all over again. So it is going to be monsterous and it is definitely going to be a picture you don't want to miss.

What would you say will be different with this album compared to your first album, Already Platinum?

It is more from a H-Town standpoint. When Already Platinum came out I was having fun with my boy Pharrell. I love that album and it is going to be hard to top that album, but on this album I am just giving them a different standpoint that alot of people wanted to hear. Slim Thug before he had a deal, more towards the independent sound that I had and I am doing that on this album. At the same time, I am working with cats like Jim Jonsin, and big name producers also. I am trying to round it out and give the best visual of my city. That is basically what it is.

That leads right into my next question. Do you still keep in contact with the Neptunes and did they do any work on your new album?

We did not do any records on this one, but we definitely gonna work on the next one. We just ran out of time because I had not seen Pharrell in a bit and I ran into him at the Grammys and we just could not get together in time for anything to make this album. But we are going to work on the next one for sure.

Couple months back, a track called Bitch I'm Back with Devin The Dude and produced by Dr. Dre leaked. Will that song make the album?

It is going to make the album but I could not get the beat cleared. But it will be on the album.

How did that track come about for you?

I was at Interscope working with one of my A&Rs and he made it happen. Mr. Lee remixed the song so it will be on the album but just with a different beat.

Looking back at your first album, Already Platinum, what is some good memories that you have from that album looking back on it now.

Aww man, just everything about it. I had a whole lot of fun recording that. Me and P went all around the world. We went to Japan and other places and we just had fun making the music. I really enjoyed myself making that album. The album itself, I still love it. I just was listening to it in the car. I had not listened to it in a minute, but listening to it again, it brought back alot of good memories.

Other than the Bitch I'm Back track you mentioned, did Mr. Lee do any other tracks on the album?

Definitely. Matter of fact, he did the majority of the production on the album. I also worked with Big Tyme, Mr. Rogers, Mannie Fresh, different cats like that.

Do you have a second single or anything picked out after I Run or are you going to do the promo thing for a little bit?

I got some good ideas for one. I did another track with Jim Jonsin that people are going crazy over. Actually I brought it to radio and they wanted to go with it, but it catered more to the ladies and for a first single I did not want to go with that track. I want for my second single to go with something that has more of a H-Town feel and then come back to something like that. I might put out this record that I have with Paul Wall.

Do you have anything new dropping from the Boss Hogg Outlawz after the album drops?

Yeah Killa Kyleon will probably be coming right after me. Then J-Dawg, then everybody else and we are just going to keep it going. We are probably going to put out another Serve & Collect album at the end of the year. I am also trying to put another album out at the end of the year. So you are going to see alot of us coming soon.

What is your thoughts right now on the state of hip hop?

It's cool right now. I like alot of the music that is out, everyone is getting they time and each city has their music that they are known for. Dallas is popping up and they have their own little scene. I am happy about it, it is pretty cool.

What about Houston? I know Houston when you dropped your album, Mike Jones dropping his, Paul Wall, Chamillionaire, it's been a little quiet now for a bit. What do you think of the hip hop scene in Houston right now?

Everybody is working right now and is set to come out this year. We all have songs that are bubbling right now. So everybody should be out this year and we are going to bring that whole movement back.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates you want to let the people know about?

I am on the road right now in Louisville. I leave here then go to Cincinnati then Chicago. But yeah we are everywhere on the road and I am going to be touring for a minute until the album comes out.

Do you have a wish list or anything for your next album has far as producers or rappers?

I don't know man, how it works for me is by how the beats inspire me. The vibe from the beat and the song I create from it tells me what direction to go and who I think would fit on the album. That is how it usually works out.

I know you are on the road right now and you are a busy man so I won't keep you. Appreciate the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

www.ImmaHogg.com , log on to that. www.myspace.com/slimthug check it out and just go get the album, March 24th, that's what it is.

Appreciate the interview.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Invincible

Re: Slim Thug Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
This review tells us that that tracklist is fake as he said the Neptunes won't be involved.

Thanks for the interview. +1