Author Topic: LeBron is not the MVP...  (Read 2413 times)

westsiderider323

Re: LeBron is not the MVP...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »
kobe
lbj
dwade

thisoneguy360

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »
Kobe or Wade should get it

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
LBJ MVP 4 shiggadell

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 12:38:24 AM »
i really like lebron james i honestly do. but honestly the difference from this year and last is Mo williams....am i right? he's to the Cavs what Billips is to the nuggets.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

teecee

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
i really like lebron james i honestly do. but honestly the difference from this year and last is Mo williams....am i right? he's to the Cavs what Billips is to the nuggets.

Mo Williams has been a HUGE addition for sure. Dude has ice in his veins.  But did anyone really expect LEbron to ever win anything without a legitimate secondary scorer?  Having a scorer next to Lebron makes sense as the dude is a GREAT passer. 

To compare Billups to Williams is kind of odd; Billups is a FLOOR LEADER.  Any questions who does that on the Cavs?  Safe to say its not Williams.

Lebron has become a much better player this year (posting up, free throws, and most importantly some real defense).   He will likely win MVP, and deservedly so.  Kobe has had a great year as well, and Wade is having an AMZING year.  But we all know the MVP will go to a player from a top team...................so it comes down to Lebron and Kobe, and my money is on Lebron.   He has improved, his team is way better, and by far the least talented of any of the upper-echelon teams.  That should make it hard to vote against him, but stranger things have happened...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
D-wadei's MVP
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:10 AM »

thats the difference in the team record & why LeBron is even nominated.

its been like this since his second year.

he's had MVP numbers since he started, but the Cavs were never a real dominate team at the time.

they were like the 76ers, up to last year; back when AI just ran shit for them.

now Mo Williams is the piece that makes them a much stronger team & gives them a top record, which gives there leader (LeBron) a nomination & my vote for MVP.

like i said, how can you not give 30, 7 & 7 the award? cmon.

unless the Heat dont lose another game & finish about .600, you really cant give Wade the award.

hes in the same situation LeBron has been in for the last four years.

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
^^^^ that's why the award has been a joke for so long ...if Kobe, Lebron or Wade played for the Grizzlies and would lead them to the playoffs , how could somebody tell me they wouldn't deserve the award because the team didn't reach 50 wins ? LMAO ...

Kobe led a team to a 45-37 record in the very competitive Western Conference with Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Chris Mihm , Brian Cook (should I continue) as teammates , looks like MVP award to me ....

Wade for the same reasons  should get it this year ...

How can dominant players as Kobe and Shaq have only 1 while Steve Nash has 2  ::)

4 of the latest 9 MVPs have been wrong ;

- 2003 should have been Kobe
-2005 should have been Shaq
2006 should have been Kobe
- 2008 should have been CP3

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »

LOL...it's funny how people have been overlooking this. i'm glad you pointed it nout...lebron has been pretty much playing the same game for the past few years. no noticeable elevation in his abilities. his supporting cast, however, has improved drastically...so much thatb they'd make the playoffs without him. can't say the same for the lakers without kobe. lmao@those who claim kobe has more help than lebron when lebron's working with one of the (if not the) best team defenses in the league. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »

teecee

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »

LOL...it's funny how people have been overlooking this. i'm glad you pointed it nout...lebron has been pretty much playing the same game for the past few years. no noticeable elevation in his abilities. his supporting cast, however, has improved drastically...so much thatb they'd make the playoffs without him. can't say the same for the lakers without kobe. lmao@those who claim kobe has more help than lebron when lebron's working with one of the (if not the) best team defenses in the league. :-X

You don't watch the Cavs, do you?  Lebron's game has actually changed alot this year, and he is a much better all-around player than he was a fewe seasons ago.  He is much more committed on the defensive end, and goes down on the block for a period of time every game.  His FT's are up, and aside from the first 20 games this year, his jumper is better.    His supporting cast has gotten better, but look at how truly bad the team was that he lead to the finals.  Of course it would improve.  And they do have the second best team defense  in the league, and he is the leader and catalyst. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

Mo Williams has been a HUGE addition for sure. Dude has ice in his veins.  But did anyone really expect LEbron to ever win anything without a legitimate secondary scorer?  Having a scorer next to Lebron makes sense as the dude is a GREAT passer. 

To compare Billups to Williams is kind of odd; Billups is a FLOOR LEADER.  Any questions who does that on the Cavs?  Safe to say its not Williams.

Lebron has become a much better player this year (posting up, free throws, and most importantly some real defense).   He will likely win MVP, and deservedly so.  Kobe has had a great year as well, and Wade is having an AMZING year.  But we all know the MVP will go to a player from a top team...................so it comes down to Lebron and Kobe, and my money is on Lebron.   He has improved, his team is way better, and by far the least talented of any of the upper-echelon teams.  That should make it hard to vote against him, but stranger things have happened...

williams has been taking up that role of Floor leader though throughout this year. Friday night against boston for example. I don't know wtf lebron was doing at times. take away any previous knowledge i had of basketball, and told me that someone from the cavs was an MVP candidate i would have though Mo williams. like i said i like lebron he's one of my favs, but his game isn't that much better to warrant an mvp, nor has he been as consistent as Kobe in the cluth.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »

i just tell it how i see it. i just feel that the MVP should be the GUN. The Bullet. and the successful assassin.

to me the person that has been all three of those things through out the year is Kobe.

and about last year.....cp3 and kobe were both worthy....like we established already, it just came down to the final show off and the standing in the west.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »

You don't watch the Cavs, do you?  Lebron's game has actually changed alot this year, and he is a much better all-around player than he was a fewe seasons ago.  He is much more committed on the defensive end, and goes down on the block for a period of time every game.  His FT's are up, and aside from the first 20 games this year, his jumper is better.    His supporting cast has gotten better, but look at how truly bad the team was that he lead to the finals.  Of course it would improve.  And they do have the second best team defense  in the league, and he is the leader and catalyst. 

lol, you really think he does?

you really dont think he only watches Laker games & covers it up when he bitches at people that they dont watch the games?

sure he might watch wendesday & friday night hoops, but other than that no, lmao.

point being, he doesnt watch the Cavs on a nightly basis.

anyone who hasnt seen his mid-range (and somewhat long-range; when he is on fire) hasnt improved since he first came into the league is blind!

he forces defenders to come up & gaurd him & then he blows by them & when they fall back & say shoot it, he can drain it from 15, pretty effectivily.

i do like Wade as a MVP candidate though, definiatly deserving.

but i would honestly give it to LeBron or Kobe over him.

Lakers are best in the West with leader Kobe & the Cavs are second best in the East with LeBron running ship, so they have to get the nod over Wade.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »

yes, i watch all teams...the one thing i can say he drastically improved on is free throws. his defense is still shaky at times and his jumper is way too inconsistent to be considered reliable. to me, LeBron has a lot to prove before he's up there in the elite class with the likes of Kobe, Magic, Jordan, Kareem, etc.. arguing that is not gunna help change it.