Author Topic: Myka 9 new album 1969  (Read 99 times)

Elano

Myka 9 new album 1969
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:05:38 AM »

This year Myka collaborated with prolific Canadian producer Factor to create the beautifully awkward and sparse "Good Old Smokey," for Factor's melodic hip-hop mlange "Chandelier" on Fake Four Inc. After their first successful venture, the idea, for Myka 9's 1969 was born. Not since 1993's "Park Bench People", a legendary song about Myka's own bout with homelessness, has he created such personal and poignant music as on the songs found on this latest record. 1969, the year of Myka's birth, is a nostalgic trip filled with references to the sounds of Motown, hippies, psychedelics, choppers and Cadillac's that surrounded him throughout his early childhood.

While Factor layers accompaniments based around heavy funk and soul with touches of psych rock and even disco, Myka 9 spits a seemingly infinite variety of vocal stylings from soulful crooning to high speed machine gun chop raps. Myka's passionate lyrics and intense flow matched with excellent guest appearances from his Project Blowed comrades Aceyalone, Busdriver and Awol One help make this album a modern day West Coast Hip Hop classic. The new album is scheduled for release on the day of Myka's birthday at The Knitting Factory January 16,2009. For ticket information, please visit . The album will be available on itunes.com, as well as directly on Fake Four Records website at fakefourinc.com

Listen here
http://www.myspace.com/mykanyne
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:21:12 AM by Adon »

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: * * * Myka 9 new album 1969 * * *
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:36:50 AM »
this album is 10/10 for me

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

2euce 7even

Re: Myka 9 new album 1969
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:26:48 AM »
wasnt he a member of freestyle followship?
can you tell me more albums like that and good songs OFF this ALBUM?