Author Topic: Don Nelson orders Jamal Crawford to opt-out; Warriors to offically tank  (Read 167 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_11857442?source=rss

According to multiple team sources, Warriors coach Don Nelson told guard Jamal Crawford that if he doesn't opt out of his contract, Golden State would trade him this offseason.

This conversation, according to one of the sources, happened a day after the Warriors' loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 23.

Crawford said he still has not decided whether he would opt out, maintaining his focus is on "helping us win some games and finish the season strong." He has two years and just shy of $20 million remaining on his contract after this season. But he has the option to terminate his contract after this season.

"I'm not even getting into that," Crawford said before Friday's game against the Detroit Pistons. "Any conversation I have with the coaches or my teammates will remain private."

In the same conversation, Nelson informed Crawford that he would give him some games off in part to keep his statistics high, and the plan to rest his other veterans emerged in part to avoid appearing as if he were singling out Crawford.

In the past, Nelson said he had no interest in general manager duties or increased personnel say. Team president Robert Rowell, who is on the road trip with the team, said Nelson's message to Crawford does not represent management. He qualified it as Nelson being emotional. Rowell did say he isn't upset that his coach is unhappy about the team's season and wants to change things.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Also, Ellis is trying to force a trade...

Monta Ellis left the team to attend to a family matter, but sources tell Marcus Thompson that it is in part a protest.

Ellis didn't stick around for the team photo, which was taken last Friday before the Warriors' home game against Charlotte. Also, according to the sources, he left with an amount of luggage that suggested he wasn't coming back soon.

According to sources, Ellis has talked about wanting to be traded during moments of frustration on the court.

Wow, Golden State is an absolute mess right now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:22:26 PM by Halu Sination »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOLOL NELLY IS LOSING HIS MIND! :laugh:

'EclipZe

lol them warriors need to get their shit together

thisoneguy360

What a bitch

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
now you watch, David Stern is that big of an asshole & that bad of a commishsioner that dont be surprized if the Warriors get dicked in the lottery lol.

the ghost

Even if the Warriors win the first pick they'd still mess it up.  I mean look whats happened to all of their draft picks.  They end up bailing.  You could put together a serious team with Warrior draft picks that have left in the past 5 years.  The damn warriors front office is garbage.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

to be honest, both reports sound like bs...crawford has been nice for gs and even scored 32 points the night this report came out. ellis has been dealing with his injury+family issues and is supposed 2 be back wednesday. i wouldnt believe these reports until they were confirmed by the organization.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:47:59 PM by Now_I_Know »

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
to be honest, both reports sound like bs...crawford has been nice for gs and even scored 32 points the night this report came out. ellis has been dealing with his injury+family issues and is supposed 2 be back wednesday. i wouldnt believe these reports until they were confirmed buy the organization.

Exactly what I was thinking, I dont believe this

DIP DIP SET SET

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
This team is a mess, and there are so many people at fault. Being a Warriors fan, you can never discredit how bad ownership messed things up, as they've been doing for over a decade. The GM situation is unsettled, and Don Nelson has his big money and wants to break Lenny Wilkins' record. Letting Baron Davis go doesn't look that bad this year, but he was the heart of the team, especially after they unloaded J-Rich for a guy who Nelson doesn't play. Monta's injury, as well as other guys being banged up, killed any chance the team had. They've played better lately, but it's still inconsitent minutes and not enough of the younger guys, and too many players that want the ball. One thing that has impressed me is Corey Maggette and his scoring ability, they probably overpaid for him, but he is so good at getting to the FT line.
I got a bird's eye view