Author Topic: Kurupt & Terrace Martin: Poetry (Streetlight Album Preview)  (Read 1308 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Kurupt & Terrace Martin: Poetry (Streetlight Album Preview)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »
meh, the other record was better

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
Hmm... I don't get why some people are hypeing this track that much, I don't hear anything special in it. The beat is just boring imo, only Kurupt's lyrics can carry conviction. But I also think they don't fit to the beat at all.
I'm a producer myself, ok, I am not a pro and I don't want to act like a nerd or something, but I know what beats are made of etc. and I don't know why they use THIS. The drum are boring. The instrumental is monotonous and filled with some effects here and there, but nothing that really stands out. It sounds like Terrace wanted to force a sound that bangs but you can't hear no love in it, like he really cared for this beat.

I think Terrace should stick to make those highly musical and laid back beats. When I compare this track to the recent track with Pete Rock, J Black and Badd Lucc, it's straight garbage.
But maybe you can tell me why you think this track is "bangin"?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »
The beat is kind of minimalistic but to me it fits very well with Kurupt performance
so how many tracks has been leaked so far for that Streetlight album? This one and "U Know" thats it?

Paul

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
The beat is kind of minimalistic but to me it fits very well with Kurupt performance
so how many tracks has been leaked so far for that Streetlight album? This one and "U Know" thats it?

U Know??
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »

U Know??

Well I dunno if its for Streetlight but its produced by Terrace and it was added on Kurupt myspace couple months ago

Paul

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »

U Know??

Well I dunno if its for Streetlight but its produced by Terrace and it was added on Kurupt myspace couple months ago

In fact i remember hearing that 1, could be on the album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

U Know??

that leak in CDQ is coming up. we haven't decided if it's the next one or not, but it's coming up. that "might' be on the album too...

In fact i remember hearing that 1, could be on the album
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
Good newz  8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 01:08:26 PM »
Kurupt spitting on point, sounds real focused. Dunno bout this beat, too simple I reckon. Wanna hear this beat remixed but keep Kurupts vocals

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 06:27:43 PM »
thanks for all of the feedback... there will be another Terrace audio leak next week sometime. Might be another Kurupt joint or someone else...

As for this beat, sure it's not the jazzy saxophone smooth bass stuff that we know and love from Terrace but this has some bangin' old school drums that takes it back to the essence. Nothing wrong with the boom-bap....it's much needed today.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
thanks for all of the feedback... there will be another Terrace audio leak next week sometime. Might be another Kurupt joint or someone else...

As for this beat, sure it's not the jazzy saxophone smooth bass stuff that we know and love from Terrace but this has some bangin' old school drums that takes it back to the essence. Nothing wrong with the boom-bap....it's much needed today.
No doubt! Good lookin out Styles!

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »
Never mind, was having trouble downloading it, but i got it to work. I'll drop a little feedback after i give it a few spins. My expectation are pretty hight!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:25:32 PM by Rickdeeznutz »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »

Man I wouldnt call that shit boom bap, shit doesnt sound old school at all

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Track is banging! Kurupt goes off!! Im likijng the beat, its not what youd expect from Terrace, but its dope. Kurupt is doing it big this year, Cant wait for all of Young Gotti's projects in the future

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »

Man I wouldnt call that shit boom bap, shit doesnt sound old school at all

it's not completely old school but the drums have an old school inspiration....