Author Topic: So I just found out about Slaughterhouse, what's the story behind it?  (Read 99 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It reminds me of the horseman project that never came out.  It would be like a dream come true if it would of, Killah Priest, Canibus, Rass Kass, and Kurupt.  Basically four of the illest and most under-appreciated lyricists coming together.  The one track they did do for Canibus album 2000 BC was spectacular.

So now we have a 2009 version of the same thing.  Take 4, underapprecaited, disgruntled emcee's who have been dropped from their major labels, throw them in a group, and it should work out great right?....

So it's Crooked I, Royce, Joe Budden, and Joel Ortiz?  ...should be interesting...

how did this whole thing come about?  Think it will work? 

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So I just found out about Slaughterhouse, what's the story behind it?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
Joe Budden reached out to Nino Bless, Royce, Crooked & Joell to be on a track for his "Halfway House" mixtape back in October. The name of the track was called SlaughterHouse. They all agreed that the record turned out nice and decided to work together as a group and called themselves SlaughterHouse. Not sure how they broke it to Nino that he wouldn't be in the group, but Budden did say that the reason why Nino isn't in the group was because he's relatively new to the scene as an MC and hadn't really experienced industry backlash that Budden, Royce, Crooked & Joell have since they've all experienced major label limbo. Royce & Joe also said that having 4 people in the group was plenty. However, Nino is still cool with the group.

Since then, they've released 4 tracks as SlaughterHouse (Onslaught, Move On Remix, Fight Club, Wack MCs).

They've also performed live as a group 3 times. Once in NY and twice in Detroit.

They've been invited to perform at the Paid Due Festival which goes down on March 28th in San Bernardino, CA.

Foundation Magazine has given SlaughterHouse the cover for their 10th issue due out soon.

It is also rumored that SlaughterHouse has been given the cover of the June issue of XXL. The photo shoot took place last Thursday at Cooper Park Projects in Brooklyn, which is up the road from where Joell is from.

So yeah, they're doing it big right now and they're not even signed to a label yet. All of this is strictly a result of internet buzz.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:27:42 PM by pootypooty »