Poll

Crooked I - Say Hi To Tha BadGuy (Tha Row) or BOSS (Treacherous), which is best?

Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy (Tha Row)
19 (79.2%)
BOSS (Treacherous)
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Crooked I - Say Hi To Tha BadGuy (Tha Row) or BOSS (Treacherous), which is best?  (Read 567 times)

DJDMC

• Lil Geezy
  • Exit DJ's..Enter CJ's...
We heard snippets to damn near the whole DEATH ROW ALBUM.... and we have heard numerous singles/songs from BOSS (NWA, Cali Boyz, I'm Still A MC).

Which album sounds the best?

For me the production on the Death Row album was far better than on BOSS.
Yukmouth - The West Coast Don.... GO COP THAT SHIT!!!!!

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not getting my hopes up for BOSS because I have a feeling the production will be mediocre sprinkled with a few hot tracks. I'm basing this off his latest Block Obama II release.

His Death Row stuff had that signature sound to it and it's dope. If I had it my way, I'd listen to his Death Row albums first and then BOSS. I want to hear these releases as they should've come out in its original timeline.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to WIDEawake Ent. releasing Crooked's Death Row albums. But in the meantime, I'll take that BOSS album whenever he's ready to let it go.

I agree though, his production choices are hit-and-miss since he left Death Row.

FuckTheWorld

• 'G'
well i think its too early to form an opinion on B.O.S.S. because we really havent heard anything yet and i think crooked kept the best tracks for B.O.S.S

but yeah say hi to the bad guy sounds like a classic too dope production

we will have to wait for both to be fully released

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
well i think its too early to form an opinion on B.O.S.S. because we really havent heard anything yet and i think crooked kept the best tracks for B.O.S.S

That's what worries me about BOSS. I may be in the minority, but I wasn't impressed with the Komplex production he dropped yesterday. His lyrics and content were on point, but the beat just didn't do anything for me.

I agree though, it's too early to form an opinion on BOSS, but if Block Obama II is any indication, then I don't expect much from a production standpoint.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
"Boom Boom Clap"
"Cali Boyz"
"N.W.A" (New West Anthem)

On par with anything from his "Tha Row" era IMO.

EFFeX

Way too early to judge BOSS, it's not a given that the tracks we've heard over the last few years are on the album anymore... Even Crook has said multiple times that the album is constantly changing. However, with that being said, as much as I want to hear SHTTBG, I'm going with BOSS material. Crook has grown as an artist and his subject matter on Death Row was very limited, with the exception of certain tracks.

What I really want to hear is "Untouchable" and Daz's "Say Hi To The Bad Guy", that's the style I was diggin' the most.

JohnnyL

At this point, I don't think I've heard enough from either release to form an opinion.  I'll say this; I like "I'm So Crooked" more than "I'm Still an MC."  But that's not say I'd feel the same way about the entire "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" album.  There may be some tracks on B.O.S.S. that are superior to those on "Say Hi to the Bad Guy."  Maybe some day we'll get to hear both in their entirety.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
but if Block Obama II is any indication, then I don't expect much from a production standpoint.

I agree, Block Obama I and II were boring and Crooked I's worst mixtapes.

The Deathrow tracks were much better, with better beats.

Mietek23

His flow was better on Death Row - just listen to "I'm So Crooked", that track is fuckin' AMAZING 8)!

Luigi Vercotti

• Lil Geezy
  • High Class
Aye its hard to comment on Mommas Boy, Mommas Boy Gotta Loaded Gub, Boss, Boss Music or B.egining O.f S.omething S.erious, we havent heard nothing from it except Cali Boyz, Str8 Bosses, Nwa and Dream Big and thats like 4 songs from hundreds recorded.
I decided to open a high class night club for the gentry at Biggleswade with international cuisine and cooking and top line acts, and not a cheap clip joint for picking up tarts -- that was right out, I deny that completely.

OG Hack Wilson

we only know 1 or 2 boss tracks

both were ok

who knows how the rest of the CD sounds.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
(Not sure how old this is.....)
Speaking of Crook, I was checking out his myspace.
What's up with "Live-4-Today"

Has Crooked changed his name?
(Let the rumors fly)

PS: I know about the attempt...ect
(I defo understand why he is saying Live-4-Today, just looks weird)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

(Let the rumors fly)

I think someone on here mentioned one time that Crooked doesn't run his myspace page. He has someone else doing it for him. I think he just reads the comments.

EFFeX

(Let the rumors fly)

I think someone on here mentioned one time that Crooked doesn't run his myspace page. He has someone else doing it for him. I think he just reads the comments.

Pretty much, but yeah he does check the comments...

BTW... The name on his MySpace changes every other week, LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens