Author Topic: how does hip hop accept..  (Read 889 times)

LOWKEYLOCO

Re: how does hip hop accept..
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
r u saying things are either gay or gangster??????????  i never mentioned the word gangster, m&m amahd red meth crook planet asia lupe fiasco and plenty others are neither gay or gangster,  by the way im the original poster and dont see anything wrog with the question, what do you mean by gangster? where did that come from?
http://thisis50.com/forum/topics/baymaac-clothing-checc-it 8)

LOWKEYLOCO

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
Are people not supposed to support the gay community? Funny that a lot of black people share that sentiment when they were the societal scapegoats back in the day. "societal", probably a big word for you hip hop retards.

Chill the fuck out

I think that's a funny reply because I think the original poster needs to chill the fuck out.  Who gives a fuck?  Stop limiting hip-hop to a gangsta image.

No one says you have to be a ganster to rap, but a lot of rappers portray themselves as gangsters and they get called out of rit. Hence why no one has a problem with Kanye because he doesn't claim to be a gangsta. But rappers like Rick Ross and The Game claim to be gangsters. Even Lil Wayne claims to be street (or he did at one point). So when Game does something soft, or Rick Ross gets found to have worked as a CO, we bash them for it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 04:51:29 PM »
Are people not supposed to support the gay community? Funny that a lot of black people share that sentiment when they were the societal scapegoats back in the day. "societal", probably a big word for you hip hop retards.

Chill the fuck out

How is the original poster going to tell someone who brought up a somewhat legitimate point to chill the fuck out when he made it into an issue of discussion?
I think that's a funny reply because I think the original poster needs to chill the fuck out.  Who gives a fuck?  Stop limiting hip-hop to a gangsta image.

No one says you have to be a ganster to rap, but a lot of rappers portray themselves as gangsters and they get called out of rit. Hence why no one has a problem with Kanye because he doesn't claim to be a gangsta. But rappers like Rick Ross and The Game claim to be gangsters. Even Lil Wayne claims to be street (or he did at one point). So when Game does something soft, or Rick Ross gets found to have worked as a CO, we bash them for it.

I don't disagree the comments concerning Rick Ross or Game.  It's one thing to assume a persona when you rap, most rappers of Mafiaso Rap did exactly that, and another to pretend you do what you spit in real life.   No artists should be afraid of saying, "When I spit, I'm presenting a story."  Artists like Game and Rick Ross fail to do that.  They deserve most of the ridicule they achieve.  Honestly, I'd have a lot more respect for Game and Ross is that's what they did.  They didn't and they deserve to be called out.  Though, I don't think the act of putting a tattoo on your face is worthy of being called out on.  Despite this I fully understand the argument against Game and find it to be legitimate. 

I don't have a problem with TI doing Crime Stopper commercials.  In fact the more children he might persuade not to get involved in criminal activity the better.  Why do you think he's doing this?  Hum, to have a proper public image so the courts views positively on him. 

There's nothing wrong with not denying a person's sexual lifestyle.  Kanye spoke the truth when it came to most folks stupid homophobic fears and its manifestation in a lot of rap music.  He was being honest when he said most fashion designers are gay men and that he finds the clothing the produce to be likable.  He seems like a well rounded human being that understands people are more or less the same even with our upbringing differences.  My biggest complaint about Kanye is his ego but it doesn't bother me too much.

How is the original poster going to tell someone who brought up a legitimate point to chill the fuck out when he made it into an issue of discussion?

If you can't handle the replies don't bother asking the questions. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 06:17:12 PM »
Theirs nothing wrong with a story rapper.even 2PAC said I'm just rapping about what I see not what I do.but game and Ross pretend like that's what their life is.and it isn't.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »
music is music,but it's funny how when someone likes a certain artist they say something to support what they did hahahahaha, hip hop is soft,i don't trip off what kanye says about fashion and shit like that cause he's right,the best fashion shit is usually made by some dyke or some gay dude its pure fact,and that equal is getting into fashion so he done met the top muthafuccas and know that's who is gonna pay him, if he's gay who gives a fucc he ain't frontin like he's gangsta like wayne yet kissing his grown ass daddy in the mouth, and laughing at that one fool on here who said that's his daddy,you must be a bitch yo self my equal with that one hahaha,ain't no chipper jones deals involved with that,hell even kanye don't do that hahaha, and yall know that butterfly tat was gay as fucc but since yall succ that equal dicc so hard yall bacc it,that's lame as fucc, if yall support they music do that, but don't try to make excuses for the bullshit they do,it ain't like none of us got to kicc it with em,leonard is liar and his shit been wacc to me yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »
Theirs nothing wrong with a story rapper.even 2PAC said I'm just rapping about what I see not what I do.but game and Ross pretend like that's what their life is.and it isn't.

I know and that's what I wrote in my post.  I think MORE rappers need to be vocal that they're presenting a story or that they're depicting real life situations but NOT THEIR LIFE STORY.

I agree with the poster above as well.  Music is Music.  If you're influenced by it great, don't confuse that with the individual making it.  Do I appreciate real artists that make good music more then the fake ones that make good music? Yeah but I still bump the fake shit.  Example, there's a handful of Game and Lil Wayne  tracks I ride too.
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

Chill the fuck out

How is the original poster going to tell someone who brought up a somewhat legitimate point to chill the fuck out when he made it into an issue of discussion?

I don't disagree the comments concerning Rick Ross or Game.  It's one thing to assume a persona when you rap, most rappers of Mafiaso Rap did exactly that, and another to pretend you do what you spit in real life.   No artists should be afraid of saying, "When I spit, I'm presenting a story."  Artists like Game and Rick Ross fail to do that.  They deserve most of the ridicule they achieve.  Honestly, I'd have a lot more respect for Game and Ross is that's what they did.  They didn't and they deserve to be called out.  Though, I don't think the act of putting a tattoo on your face is worthy of being called out on.  Despite this I fully understand the argument against Game and find it to be legitimate. 

I don't have a problem with TI doing Crime Stopper commercials.  In fact the more children he might persuade not to get involved in criminal activity the better.  Why do you think he's doing this?  Hum, to have a proper public image so the courts views positively on him. 

There's nothing wrong with not denying a person's sexual lifestyle.  Kanye spoke the truth when it came to most folks stupid homophobic fears and its manifestation in a lot of rap music.  He was being honest when he said most fashion designers are gay men and that he finds the clothing the produce to be likable.  He seems like a well rounded human being that understands people are more or less the same even with our upbringing differences.  My biggest complaint about Kanye is his ego but it doesn't bother me too much.

How is the original poster going to tell someone who brought up a legitimate point to chill the fuck out when he made it into an issue of discussion?

If you can't handle the replies don't bother asking the questions. 

I agree with you. Nothings wrong with expressing your opinion. I was telling him to chill out cause he called us retards. No need to disrespect someone over an opinion.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »
I dig, I dig.  We must be expressing the same shit in different ways.   
- Banks

motormule

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »

nah game say´s in most interwiew he just chill at his home with his son... only ross pretend to be a gangster, game just rap about it!!

Fraxxx

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »
GAME'S BUTTERFLY TATOO             yeah its kinda gay but not a reason to stop listening to him
WAYNES TOUNGE KISS WID BABY                       I've never been into wayne. but this was definitely a little gay. but then again his fanbase is mostly 14 year old girls and girls like gay men.
TI DOIN CRIME STOPPER COMMERCIALS                     It's probably a requirement of his sentencing. But even so, whats wrong with wanting to stop crime? Are you saying you support rape and murder?
RICK ROSS BEING A OFFICER AND LYING ABOUT IT         was never down with Rick Ross, but yeah this isn't a good look for him
KANYE BEING IN OPEN SUPPORT OF THE HOMOSEXUAL COMMUNITY, EVEN ADMITTING TO DRESSING LIKE THEM          I'm not a homophobe so this doesn't really affect me.

True
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.