Author Topic: Anyone Still Bump Raw Footage?  (Read 530 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Anyone Still Bump Raw Footage?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
I gotta agree with the threadstarter, it's Cubes best album since Lethal Injection for me (not counting WSC albums).

Only tracks I didn't like that much were Stand Tall and Get Money Spend Money. And Dre-Day what do you mean that he didn't deliver what he promised? I mean, what did he promise?

Stand Tall was one of the best songs on there. Reminds me of It was a good day

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
Production wise the Raw Footage was stunning. It was filled with great beats but the whole album suffered of Ice Cube's mediocre rhymes. As complained above the title didn't really live up to its name. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It and It Takes a Nation laid a good foundation for the album so I was expecting to hear tales of cracker torching and child support checks being lost in the mail and all that shit, but unfortunately the album turned out to be rather tame. If you can forgive Cube's underperformance, you have a great album in your hands. The well done beats on this album are the reason why I still play some of its songs now and then.
yeah, the first two singles really made me excited!

then Do Ya Thang dropped & the sampler shortly after... :-\

Rick McCrank

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »
yea there are a few that come around to listen to sometimes

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
Great album. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It is still to me one of the coldest Cube tracks of all time. Man that beat was pure fire. I think it's one of those albums that people will appreciate further down the line from him.

I have to agree that it's a great album minus a few bumps here in there, ie Got My Locs On, Here He Come, Get Used To It.  I've also said that people will probably come around to it in the future.  But we are dealing with the largest group of shidiots the rap community has ever come across.  Once those shidiots are purged, albums like this, Acid Reflex, and others will be embraced.

Good point

Production wise the Raw Footage was stunning. It was filled with great beats but the whole album suffered of Ice Cube's mediocre rhymes. As complained above the title didn't really live up to its name. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It and It Takes a Nation laid a good foundation for the album so I was expecting to hear tales of cracker torching and child support checks being lost in the mail and all that shit, but unfortunately the album turned out to be rather tame. If you can forgive Cube's underperformance, you have a great album in your hands. The well done beats on this album are the reason why I still play some of its songs now and then.

+1. Appreciate everyone dropping comments.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
you're welcome D~Nice   :cheers:

keep up the conversations

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
im bumpin it now!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »
barely, but Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It was a easy nominee for song of the year (of any coast); some other tracks were dope too, i bump from time to time.

BUT...
i still bump guilt by affiliation.

8)

shit was classic.

but a very solid Cube album. 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »
Yeah I won't want to give the wrong impression that I think the album is classic by any means. I personally rank it in the lower half of his albums, even the War Disc to me was better but at the same time I did enjoy the album and it has alot of great tracks on it. He just went a different direction with the subject matter.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »
Cool thread... good to see some honest yet generally positive comments in here about this album. I think that I was a lil bit let down at first but have gone away and come back to it a few times now and I really dig it for what it is.... Definitely have to also give MAJOR props to Guilty by Affiliation... That album is always in my car when I go anywhere!  8)

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »
shit was hard 2 me... :-\

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Mietek23

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 04:47:10 AM »
I still bump certain songs from that album like:

It Takes A Nation
Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It
Why Me
Do Ya Thang
Get Used To It

and my favourite track for the moment - "Believe It Or Not". Cube should leave this song on the album - shit is dope as fuck 8)!