Author Topic: Raekwon Signs With EMI, Finds Home For Cuban Linx 2  (Read 267 times)

Elano

Raekwon Signs With EMI, Finds Home For Cuban Linx 2
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:23:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kcKwfo51QI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3kcKwfo51QI</a>

During a recent interview with Connecticut radio station 93.7, Wu-Tang rapper Raekwon revealed his new label home.

Rae told the “On Air Idiots” show that the long delayed sequel to his seminal 1995 solo debut Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is finished and will be released on EMI Records. “Project is vicious right now, it’s done,” he said. “I just closed my deal, you the first one to know, that I signed with EMI right now. I just signed off yesterday made everything official so EMI is the home right now. They the ones that’s paying me they gave me a nice piece of what I needed.” [Watch Below]

When asked if Ghostface Killah - his longtime partner-in-rhyme and co-star on the original Cuban Linx – will be involved, Rae said he wanted to give others rappers a chance to shine. “Ghost gonna be up but at the end of the day it’s gonna be raw hip-hop, B,” he explained. “When I made this album I made it to be a classic, I didn’t look at it as having Ghost all the way through it like that, because it don’t make it special if I don’t give other brothers a shot.”

OB4CL 2 has been in the making for several years now. At one point, Rae was even signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Records with Busta Rhymes serving as the disc’s executive producer, but that eventually fell through.

Set to feature production by Dre, J Dilla, Pete Rock, Erik Sermon and Wu-Tang mastermind the Rza, the album is reportedly set to drop sometime this summer.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Raekwon Signs With EMI, Finds Home For Cuban Linx 2
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:09 AM »
thats good i guess

THEV1LL4N

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »
a step in the right direction

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
Dope hopefully we'll see this album soon enough then! Rae, Rza and Dre, sounds good to me

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »
so.. still no release date?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »
dillaaaaa

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
with all the build up, hype and anticipation im really hoping this doesnt fall flat

its a lot for Rae to live up to
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 02:04:51 AM »
with all the build up, hype and anticipation im really hoping this doesnt fall flat

its a lot for Rae to live up to

Which is why I don't like calling it "OB4CL2".  I mean, even if this album is fantastic how can you compare it to the purple tape? At the same time, I loved Stillmatic and I was opposed to Nas calling it that.  But that album exceeded my expectations so maybe this one will too.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
good news so far.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.