Author Topic: Make your predictions on how your MLB team will do, and I'll up thread in August  (Read 549 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
the Muts are definatly making a STRONG push for the Wild Card.

i dont think they cant see the Phils, but they can take the rest of that division & anyone else in the Wild Card.

the Mets got one of the best lineups in the NL & any team with Johan starting a game & K-Rod closing it out, always has a good chance.

keep ya head up Fits! ;) 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
idk, but i hope the dodgers win 90+ and make it to the WS and kick some AL ass!! :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
idk, but i hope the dodgers win 90+ and make it to the WS and kick some AL ass!! :bandit:

they got the NL West; 90 wins? i dont know & WS? i REALLY dont know lol.

herpes

If the Dodgers played in the East or the Central they wouldn't make the playoffs.  But they play in the West and I think they are that one team that doesn't deserve to make playoffs but will get hot and make it to the WS.

herpes

the Muts are definatly making a STRONG push for the Wild Card.

i dont think they cant see the Phils, but they can take the rest of that division & anyone else in the Wild Card.

the Mets got one of the best lineups in the NL & any team with Johan starting a game & K-Rod closing it out, always has a good chance.

keep ya head up Fits! ;) 8)

The one thing the Mets have in there favor is that the Phils bullpen will not repeat last season.  Lidge is back to pre phat albert home run but I don't think he will be perfect again.  And the rest of the pen were a bunch of bums that had career years.  They won't repeat that performance.  That being said I still think the Phils take the division.  On paper I don't care what anyone says the Mets have the better team now.  But something is missing with the Mets that you can't put into words.  They just aren't a World Series caliber team.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

If the Dodgers played in the East or the Central they wouldn't make the playoffs.  But they play in the West and I think they are that one team that doesn't deserve to make playoffs but will get hot and make it to the WS.

hi hater

season hasnt even started and youre already saying the dodgers dont deserve to be in the playoffs  :grumpy:

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

herpes

hi hater

season hasnt even started and youre already saying the dodgers dont deserve to be in the playoffs  :grumpy:

How am I hating, I predict you guys make it to the WS only to lose to the Sox.  I think two teams will have a better record than the Dodgers but they won't make it to the playoffs b/c of the division they play in.  And if thats the case I don't think they deserve to make the playoffs and that goes for any other team that may happen to.  Though I wouldn't change the current playoff structure you should make the playoffs even if some teams miss the playoffs but have a better record.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

hi hater

How am I hating, I predict you guys make it to the WS only to lose to the Sox.  I think two teams will have a better record than the Dodgers but they won't make it to the playoffs b/c of the division they play in.  And if thats the case I don't think they deserve to make the playoffs and that goes for any other team that may happen to.  Though I wouldn't change the current playoff structure you should make the playoffs even if some teams miss the playoffs but have a better record.

well at least you think we'll win the NL. :D

lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

hi hater

Damn Sox, the Angels have lost year in and year out to the Sox in the playoffs. Ever since Donnie Moore in 1986, the Angels just could never beat the Sox in the playoffs. A total 4-13 against the Sox in the playoffs. I pray for David Ortiz to pull a hamstring or something... lol... j/k

Rick McCrank

hi hater

I agree with Tommy... I don't think he's hating at all

as a major skeptic when it comes to the Dodgers, I think they'll win the West but the WS is only a dream...

not saying they couldn't do it, I just have a hard time grasping their pitching shutting everyone down throughout the playoffs

no matter if they have 5 aces or not... that's just always how I'll think

the way Tommy is with the Mets, that's how I am with the Dodgers

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

.....One last note... Baseball isn't fair to small market teams.  Something must be done about this.  And don't give me stories about the couple teams that made it, like the Devil-Rays, because it still doesn't make it right.

The A's find a way to be competitive. The Twins year in and year out as well.  The Rays through great scouting and development will have a great team for the next few years.  The Rangers have the best farm system in baseball and will dangerous next season and for many seasons to come.  Small market teams find a way.  Sure it's not an even playing field for smaller market teams, but they also have the luxury of having time to build a good team while big market teams it's win now every season.  Plus it doesn't help that you root for one of the worst run sports organizations in all of America.  A lot of these smaller markers have great farm systems while the Royals have two impact bats down in the minors and it's barren after that.  Even if Baseball imposed a salary cap it still doesn't mean teams like the Royals and Pirates will spend any money.  Or make smart moves, c'mon Jose Guillen, why even spend the money to sign that bum.  He was one of the worst everyday players in Baseball last season.  Imposing a salary cap won't make the Royals and Pirates draft well or actually have decent player development.   Yes the system isn't fair but at the same time the Royals do nothing at all to help themselves out.

Jose Guillen was a 20-100 guy, 20 homers and 100 RBI's those are the power numbers that the Royals hoped for when they signed him and he delivered.  Leading the team in those categories.  So how can a 20-100 guy be the worst everyday player in the league and a bum?

And I don't buy your argument about small market vs. big market.  Living in New York you can't understand.  The Royals were competitive in the 80's and 90's and they used to beat up on the Yanks when George Brett was in his prime.

When the strike came in 96 things kind of changed, and now the Royals have 1/3 the payroll of larger market teams.  How can you compete against teams spending 3x as much money?

I do agree the Royals have made many mistakes.  A lot of their prospects have never developed...but really many have, they were then stolen by the larger markets after we developed them, look at this list of outfielders that came up in our system and were lost to larger markets....

1.  johnny Damon
2.  Jermaine Dye
3.  Micheal Tucker
4.  Carlos beltran

...Imagine if we would of had the money to sign them to long-term contracts when they were younger, wed be competing for a championship with a lineup like this.......

1.  Johnny Damon  LF
2.  Carlos beltran  CF
3.  Mike Avilles  ss
4.  Jermaine Dye  RF
5.  Jose Giullen DH
6.  Mike Jacobs  1B
7.  Alex Gordon  3B
8.  Mark Teahen 2B
9.  John buck  C
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:58:13 AM by Infinite African AND American West Coastin »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc555

Being a fan of the yankees is like rooting for wal mart to put out all small business

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
My team is the Giants, and I see them surprising a lot of people and contending for the division (made easier because the division has fallen off), but finish 2nd. They have depth in the rotation, but they come with a lot of questions outside of their top 2 of Lincecum and Cain. Johnson is old, Zito is ineffective, Sanchez has control issues, and Lowry hasn't pitched in over a year, I don't know if he has anything to offer. The lineup will be aggressive on the basepaths and play solid defense, but the clutch hitting isn't there and it doesn't have a power hitter that will intimidate anyone. Pablo Sandoval will be top 3 in ROY voting and be their best hitter, but they won't have quite enough to make the playoffs.
I got a bird's eye view

herpes

.....One last note... Baseball isn't fair to small market teams.  Something must be done about this.  And don't give me stories about the couple teams that made it, like the Devil-Rays, because it still doesn't make it right.

The A's find a way to be competitive. The Twins year in and year out as well.  The Rays through great scouting and development will have a great team for the next few years.  The Rangers have the best farm system in baseball and will dangerous next season and for many seasons to come.  Small market teams find a way.  Sure it's not an even playing field for smaller market teams, but they also have the luxury of having time to build a good team while big market teams it's win now every season.  Plus it doesn't help that you root for one of the worst run sports organizations in all of America.  A lot of these smaller markers have great farm systems while the Royals have two impact bats down in the minors and it's barren after that.  Even if Baseball imposed a salary cap it still doesn't mean teams like the Royals and Pirates will spend any money.  Or make smart moves, c'mon Jose Guillen, why even spend the money to sign that bum.  He was one of the worst everyday players in Baseball last season.  Imposing a salary cap won't make the Royals and Pirates draft well or actually have decent player development.   Yes the system isn't fair but at the same time the Royals do nothing at all to help themselves out.

Jose Guillen was a 20-100 guy, 20 homers and 100 RBI's those are the power numbers that the Royals hoped for when they signed him and he delivered.  Leading the team in those categories.  So how can a 20-100 guy be the worst everyday player in the league and a bum?

And I don't buy your argument about small market vs. big market.  Living in New York you can't understand.  The Royals were competitive in the 80's and 90's and they used to beat up on the Yanks when George Brett was in his prime.

When the strike came in 96 things kind of changed, and now the Royals have 1/3 the payroll of larger market teams.  How can you compete against teams spending 3x as much money?

I do agree the Royals have made many mistakes.  A lot of their prospects have never developed...but really many have, they were then stolen by the larger markets after we developed them, look at this list of outfielders that came up in our system and were lost to larger markets....

1.  johnny Damon
2.  Jermaine Dye
3.  Micheal Tucker
4.  Carlos beltran

...Imagine if we would of had the money to sign them to long-term contracts when they were younger, wed be competing for a championship with a lineup like this.......

1.  Johnny Damon  LF
2.  Carlos beltran  CF
3.  Mike Avilles  ss
4.  Jermaine Dye  RF
5.  Jose Giullen DH
6.  Mike Jacobs  1B
7.  Alex Gordon  3B
8.  Mark Teahen 2B
9.  John buck  C

In regard to Jose Guillen... I got this from an CNNSI article...

*That would be Jose Guillen. I KNOW that Jose Guillen was one of the worst everyday players in the American League last year. I know this. He's an awful fielder. He can't, and often doesn't, run. He had a .300 on-base percentage, which is abominable (third-worst among corner outfielders). He had a .438 slugging percentage which is barely one step above abominable for a guy who was signed for $12 million per so he could hit with power. He was a total pain in the Hillman. And while he had a smoking hot 44-game stretch in the middle of the year (.380/.391/.659 with 10 home runs ... and, yeah, two walks), the other 109 games he was, no exaggeration, the worst player in baseball. He hit .215/.263/.344 as a lousy fielding corner outfielder with an attitude ... you simply can't pay enough for that kind of dreadfulness.

Just type in google Jose Guillen worst every day player and you get plenty of articles.  And ribbies are a horrible way to gauge a players production.  Jose Guillen was a HORRENDOUS move by your front office.

Now on to the big market vs small market argument, well before I get on to that.  You have Jermaine Dye as someone who came up through your system.  He came up through the Braves system and was actually traded to KC for Michael Tucker.  So you can't have them both you can only choose one.  I would go to with Dye b/c Tucker was a nice little ball player but to act like he was an organization changer is laughable.  Now on to the big market small market argument.  The Mets from 2001 through 2004 spent more money than just about anyone in baeball not named the Yanks and were one of the worst teams in baseball.  So a team spending money doesn't mean shit if you don't spend money smart.  And that is easier said than done.  But lets say Major League Baseball imposes a salary cap, what makes the Royals change how they are ran ?  While smaller markets like the A's, Twins, and Marlins find a way to stay competitive and build contenders over time the Royals have consistently sucked over time.  And the Royals spend more than the Marlins but the Marlins find a way to build a contender every few years while the Royals haven't been relevant since David Cone won that that Cy Young in 94.  The twins find a way to stay competitive year in and year out spending around the same if not less than the Royals.  What is the the Royals explanation for that ?  In the early 2000's the A's were one of the best teams in baseball and they spent around the same as the Royals while the Royals sucked ass.  The Texas Rangers have sucked just as much as the Royals in recent history but now have one of the best farms in baseball and will be something serious next year and for years to come while the Royals have a bottom 10 farm system.  Whats the excuse for that ?  Is the current system fair to small markets, No it is not but other small market teams have found a way to stay competitive year in and year or have found a way to to contend every few years while the Royals have not.  That has nothing to do with the lack of parity within the system but rather  the fact the Royals are the second worst run organization in baseball and one of the worst in professional sports.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:46:41 PM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

herpes

And btw Mike Jacobs is a borderline everyday 1st basemen.  Yes he has some pop but his OBP is horrendous and dude is a horrible defensive 1st basemen.