Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Still Signed to Aftermath - Blasts DJ Vlad!  (Read 942 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Bishop Lamont Still Signed to Aftermath - Blasts DJ Vlad!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
i mean afterall its not like hes signed to koch, hes signed to the msot wanted label (IMO) of course since dre is the boss over there

It would really mean alot to the coast if Bishop does get a album released on Aftermath.

i agree but aftermath is pretty strange label.. dre and iovine are scared to let new rappers drop their albums because they`re not able to sell 500 o 300K in first week like eminem or 50 used to.
Aftermath ( like every other non-independent label ) got only one goal - PROFIT. Unfortunately this policy is killing young rappers careers. (bishop)

Well at one time Em and 50 were new rappers and they were promoted by Interscope. Banks, Buck, Obie, Yayo they all got great promo for their first albums. The market has changed alot since then, but you still have to put the effort in promoting new artists. The days of selling 500k to a mil off the strength of saying Dre is on your album is over. You still have to promote.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »
nah your right d-nice and im not sayin he should ride off of dre's name

i mean afterall its not like hes signed to koch, hes signed to the msot wanted label (IMO) of course since dre is the boss over there

It would really mean alot to the coast if Bishop does get a album released on Aftermath.

i agree but aftermath is pretty strange label.. dre and iovine are scared to let new rappers drop their albums because they`re not able to sell 500 o 300K in first week like eminem or 50 used to.
Aftermath ( like every other non-independent label ) got only one goal - PROFIT. Unfortunately this policy is killing young rappers careers. (bishop)

Well at one time Em and 50 were new rappers and they were promoted by Interscope. Banks, Buck, Obie, Yayo they all got great promo for their first albums. The market has changed alot since then, but you still have to put the effort in promoting new artists. The days of selling 500k to a mil off the strength of saying Dre is on your album is over. You still have to promote.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »
I knew the story in the beginning was bullshit. I was just going to wait and hear a official statement from Bishop himself. VladTV is becoming the TMZ of hip hop. Their aim is not to drop meaningful news on music, it is to post shit that will get them the most hits, whether or not it is true or false and whether it is even worthy news to begin with.

For those newbies that be posting stuff like that on here always remember that. Looks good when you have 10 pages of replies to get everyone riled up but if it is fake, it's fake.

D~Nice, i don't think it's a matter of being a rookie or not; it has got to do with interests.

i would like to see that gossip gets banned from the forum, but i know that it will never happen

What I meant was to be honest I seen that on Vlad's site before it was posted here. I could have posted it but then I thought who is the source and it is Vlad TV. So alot of times I see new posters it almost seems like they got to find a post like this to kick start they debut on DUBCC. lol. And will co sign a thread with no real truth backing the story.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »
nah your right d-nice and im not sayin he should ride off of dre's name

Me either. I just think Interscope needs to have faith in the product they are putting out and properly push and promote it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
I knew the story in the beginning was bullshit. I was just going to wait and hear a official statement from Bishop himself. VladTV is becoming the TMZ of hip hop. Their aim is not to drop meaningful news on music, it is to post shit that will get them the most hits, whether or not it is true or false and whether it is even worthy news to begin with.

For those newbies that be posting stuff like that on here always remember that. Looks good when you have 10 pages of replies to get everyone riled up but if it is fake, it's fake.

D~Nice, i don't think it's a matter of being a rookie or not; it has got to do with interests.

i would like to see that gossip gets banned from the forum, but i know that it will never happen

What I meant was to be honest I seen that on Vlad's site before it was posted here. I could have posted it but then I thought who is the source and it is Vlad TV. So alot of times I see new posters it almost seems like they got to find a post like this to kick start they debut on DUBCC. lol. And will co sign a thread with no real truth backing the story.
ah ok.

well i challenge them to do it.
let's see how long it will last  :baseballbat:

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
How many times this gotta be posted ? There's already been like 4 - 6 threads about this.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
@ Enyce and Dre-Day

u cant say that all Game fans hate on bishop 24/7.
i mean.. i support Game, im buying his albums, mixtapes and shit (so u can call me a fan or whatever) and i dont hate on Bishop. i liked his music since day one.
I wish him the best but he got very poor chances to drop an album righ now. Thats why i think it would be good for him to change labels (im not talkin about gunit because 50 is a fuckin leech)
and hook up with Khalil and make some good music.

oh and that beef between game and bishop.. it was fake from the start.. pure publicity stunt.
  What label do you think he's going to change to where his situation will change that drastically? The industry is in bad shape right now. Bishop leaving Aftermath might seem like a situation where he would be free to go anywhere and do anything but Crooked left Death Row over 5 years ago and hasn't been able to drop an album. Saigon was one of the most-talked about new rappers and still hasn't dropped an album. Busta's post-Aftermath album hasn't come out. Neither has Eve's. Rakim? Raekwon? Truth Hurts? Stat Quo? What happened with Young Buck's Straight Outta Cashville compilation that was supposed to release around 2007? Have any of Game's BWS affiliates put out albums? Eastwood? Tha Realest?

THEV1LL4N

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
bishop lamont has been annoying lately because he's been so inactive and making poor music lately (compared to his mixtape standards). dont get me wrong tho, he one of my favourite rappers though and makes some really good music. love the cockiness and jokes etc... cracks me up eevrytime.  but he needs to be on detox, at least on one or two songs - but they need to be top notch. more importantly he needs to drop an album on aftermath.

if he releases the album and is still on aftermath at the time, i assume he will sign a deal with another label for the distribution - similar to how ortiz did with koch records for the brick: bodega chronicles.

either way i wanna see a bishop release. it better be good.

i just think aftermath are concentrating on the 3 headed monster that is dre, em and 50. nothing else right now, hence why d12's albums have been put on hold. what happened to them putting it out ASAP? that was back in 2007 after proof's death.

i wanna hear new d12, new proof, new dre, new em, new 50, new bishop, new stat, new obie, new cashis, new royce...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »
I just find it funny for such a dis-liked artist as Bishop he sure does garner alot of attention on this forum. Almost Spider Loc like.

Seriously. And I don't even know how that started in the first place, I mean Spider has a 5 year history of being hated on. But with Bishop, most people on here liked him when Grow Up came out just a few months ago, but as soon as some people start to dislike him because of this and that, it's out of control. Just concentrate on his music folks.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »
I just find it funny for such a dis-liked artist as Bishop he sure does garner alot of attention on this forum. Almost Spider Loc like.

Seriously. And I don't even know how that started in the first place, I mean Spider has a 5 year history of being hated on. But with Bishop, most people on here liked him when Grow Up came out just a few months ago, but as soon as some people start to dislike him because of this and that, it's out of control. Just concentrate on his music folks.

+ 1

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
I knew it was all bullshit, much love to Bishop, he's contantly giving out good music, and keeping his buzz alive through his own means. Most artists in his situation, who know they don't have an album coming in the near future dissapear, Bishop stay grinding...

*waits for "if you dont know the code" in cdq*