Author Topic: Eminem Uncovers "Relapse", "Dr. Dre Produced Most Of The Album"  (Read 442 times)

Elano

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem recently discussed long-time producer Dr. Dre's impact on his upcoming Relapse album and the process of finding his new song 'We Made You."

While Em has been known to produce, the rapper has allowed the former N.W.A. member control the overall sound of his fifth album.

"Dre produced most of the album, basically all of the album except for maybe one or two songs," Em said in an interview. "It was great, we got in there. We were looking for this song for a long time, you know, and finally one day it just hit us. We got the record, went in and made it and Dre just put his touches on it, made everything bigger, had the rhyme and it was, you know, that's basically it."

http://www.rapradar.com/focus/rr-exclusive-eminem-speaks-on-qwe-made-youq.html

The Predator

Re: Eminem Uncovers "Relapse", "Dr. Dre Produced Most Of The Album"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »
So apart from 'We Made You' which was made from scratch, Dre must of handed over his 'Detox' session beats for Eminem's album.

It's okay, Dre has a couple of hundred other Detox beats or he could always start Detox again  :P

About time we heard a near full Dr Drizzay produced album.
More Dre beats for 'Relapse' then 'Slim Shady' and 'Marshall Mathers'

'Relapse II' which is coming out later must be all the joints Em' and other producers recorded.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:19:14 AM by The Predator »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:20:33 AM »
Yup a new basically fully produced Dre album sounds badd! Got me pretty hyped about an album for the first time in a while!

afgmafia

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »
'Relapse II' which is coming out later must be all the joints Em' and other producers recorded.

eminem said hes having a Relapse II because he has so many dre beats. lol

Elano

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:32:01 AM »
i have the feeling that this record will sell like 'the eminem show' . . .

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »
I'm really anticipating an almost full produced Dre album but I think that the first single will be really corny. Crack A Bottle is the shit though, stays in heavy rotation since it came out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »
I'm really anticipating an almost full produced Dre album. Crack A Bottle is the shit though, stays in heavy rotation since it came out.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 09:17:20 AM »
'crack a bottle' is kinda lame to me but i'm optimistic the album and this single will be way better.