Author Topic: GAME - Name a song/songs, with no name drops.....  (Read 1358 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: GAME - Name a song/songs, with no name drops.....
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 09:13:01 AM »
yeah, I have found one :) Streetz of Compton
and I didn't catch any namedrop in this song
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:17:57 AM by RingMan »

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »
the people in that thread r so fuckin dumb...one dude said no name droppin period...if they would get off games dick they would notice just about everybody name drops...EVERYBODY...and joe budden and ludacris do as much if not more than he does...hatin on game sometimes is jus fun for people..and state of emergency he only drops 2 names and thats in the same verse...and thats one of his best songs...

I don't believe that statement about Budden or Ludachris
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
Is shouting out the producer really name droppin? Stop reaching niggas.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
the people in that thread r so fuckin dumb...one dude said no name droppin period...if they would get off games dick they would notice just about everybody name drops...EVERYBODY...and joe budden and ludacris do as much if not more than he does...hatin on game sometimes is jus fun for people..and state of emergency he only drops 2 names and thats in the same verse...and thats one of his best songs...

I don't believe that statement about Budden or Ludachris

believe it especially joe budden he and game r alike imo except joe can be a bit more witty...i can name tracks wit no problem like ludacris' undisputed for example...people jus like 2 hate...they said the same thing about chino xl...people try 2 find flaws within everybody...there is no perfect mc...shit nas and hov r considered the best and they aren't perfect either.

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 12:01:20 PM »
its because Game isnt a good lyricist at all lmao.

i still dont know why people are so crazy about him; he got killed on every song by every single on of his features lol.

Luda, Common, Nas, Raekwon.

then two of the songs that he was alone he rapped like somebody else lol.

how much more overrated can you get?

dont get me wrong, i bump his old shit & i still bump some songs off LAX from time to time; but he isnt really THAT good, like some people on this board are seriously confused about lol.

.and joe budden and ludacris do as much if not more than he does...hatin on game sometimes is jus fun for people..and state of emergency he only drops 2 names and thats in the same verse...and thats one of his best songs...

lol, no Budden name drops occasionally & he doesnt even name drop rappers lol.

Luda name drops like objects, if that counts? not really people though, but occasionally.

i remember somebody took a count his name dropping in one of the LAX threads, he name dropped like easily 50 names (some repeated).

but seriously, whats better than constantly repeating "patrone", "six-four", "lo-lo", "Ice Cube", "Pac", etc.? ::)

westsiderider323

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 12:06:17 PM »
Dope Boyz was wack as hell.  He name drops both Dre and 50.  And, that's not why it's wack.  It's wack because he essentially did Roc Boyz.

Scream On'em name drops Boyz'n'the hood but it's whatever. Also, Swizz produced the track so it's not name dropping.  That's one of my favorite tracks off Doctor's Advocate.  Dopeness! 

Besides for Game namedropping once or twice deserves a pass.  

and the hook on Dope Boys that "whats up" thing is similiar to Juvenile's Set It Off hook

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 12:09:19 PM »
Check on his albums released by JT, could be wrong though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »
Dope Boyz was wack as hell.  He name drops both Dre and 50.  And, that's not why it's wack.  It's wack because he essentially did Roc Boyz.

lol, i told you before; he JOCKS JAY-Z like its going out of style. :P

but the best part of Dope Boyz was the "What's Up?!?" in the chorus lol.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »

lol

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »
Well Game aint that dope as a lyricist, but dude got flow and huge charisma on the mic, so Im coo wit that

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
Well Game aint that dope as a lyricist, but dude got flow and huge charisma on the mic, so Im coo wit that

That is the truth.  It's too bad he won't get a ghostwriter or just focus more time on the lyrics.  I mean it ain't that hard to write.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 01:24:47 PM »
The Game is a great mimic & can use any rapper's style at any given point he chooses to.
(EX during his features.. or whatever is hott at the time, he will utilize it in his style)

Game defo is a fan of Hip-Hop he know's his shit..
(Know's exactly what every rapper would say had they wrote the song themself)
And do it better than them.

Check his track record, During his Get Low stuff he was Shyne/Mausberg Like... (Real laid back & voice)
On his debut he became Mausberg & Dr. Dre in his "Niggaz4life" days 80% (Aggressive/Yell style) (If I close my eyes I can imagine Dre spit everything)

On Doctors Advocate he was "Death Row's" Dr. Dre full on while shifting into whoever would feature with him...
Also certain song's you could almost swear Game wrote those verses for Dre to spit them.

On LAX his style became more his own, but incorporated alot different elements such as alot of Jezzy influence...
Let's put it this way, You can defo tell which Albums Game was bumping during the making of all his albums.

That said, I like Games albums. Defo glad dude is coming back with new stuff. I'm a fan.
(This reminds me alot of Master P the OG best Mimic of all-time. Styles used >Spice 1/Scarface/2Pac/Whatever was poppin' on the south...)

Not hating, I bump it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:30:34 PM by Hatesrats™ »

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
The Game is a great mimic & can use any rapper's style at any given point he chooses to.
(EX during his features.. or whatever is hott at the time, he will utilize it in his style)

Check his track record, During his Get Low stuff he was Shyne/Mausberg Like... (Real laid back & voice)
On his debut he became Mausberg & Dr. Dre in his "Niggaz4life" days 80% (Aggressive/Yell style) (If I close my eyes I can imagine Dre spit everything)

On Doctors Advocate he was "Death Row's" Dr. Dre full on while shifting into whoever would feature with him...
Also certain song's you could almost swear Game wrote those verses for Dre to spit them.

On LAX his style became more his own, but incorporated alot different elements such as alot of Jezzy influence...
Let's put it this way, You can defo tell which Albums Game was bumping during the making of all his albums.

That said, I like Games albums. Defo glad dude is coming back with new stuff. I'm a fan.
(This reminds me alot of Master P the OG best Mimic of all-time. Styles used >Spice 1/Scarface/2Pac/Whatever was poppin' on the south...)

Not hating, I bump it.

Well said.

And another thing, he kinda has used the same formula as Biggie sometimes used, try to outshine the other artist on the track by rapping with his style better than him.
for example, Get Use To It, he sounds just like Cube in the 90's and spits the best verse on that song.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

Not hating, I bump it.

Well said.

And another thing, he kinda has used the same formula as Biggie sometimes used, try to outshine the other artist on the track by rapping with his style better than him.
for example, Get Use To It, he sounds just like Cube in the 90's and spits the best verse on that song.
Yeah that's Game's genius, he can mimic anyone. (& for the most part better aswell)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:57 PM »

Not hating, I bump it.

lol i disagree.
the Dre imitations on Doctor's Advocate were poor.